OFN QUINTE FISHING WEEKEND 2009 DATE??

fishhunter

That's great to hear Lloyd, I don't think all guides are as concious about the handling and care of fish, including going deep for them. Kudos to you!

It's tempting to drop a line down to that 100-120 foot mark out in the reach, but I'm guessing most of those numerous hooks are Lakers anyway...we actually caught a laker on a spoon at 35 feet...3 TIMES this weekend....ugh.

Tony

*****UPDATE*****

We have unfortunately had a cancellation with one of our crew (Gerritt) having to cancel due to a personal matter. Bitsmith and I are now looking for one person for our cottage. Unfortunately, we will not have room in the boat for this person, but we are in a position to offer a place to crash, at Perfect Vue. (Should you have a boat and are looking for two to join you, that could work as we are now going to be using Bitsmiths boat, which will only accomodate 2 people.)

We expect to be arriving on Friday, still working out details as to our arrival time. We have the cottage until Sunday.

We are looking for someone to share expenses and of course, the odd beverage. :whistling:

Pm me for more details...

HH

Joe and Mike...

I am sorry.... due to a death in the girlfriends family today (her aunt) I will not attend this years festivities as the funeral will be this weekend :( I am sorry to have bailed on you guys... my offer is still there for you guys to have use of my boat and I wish you guys would take me up on it... but as you know I have to be there for her (my GF).... I am still willing to pay my share of the cottage.. and the person that joins you in my place can stay for free..

Damn I wish I could be there...

But priorities are priorities....

<-- one upset fisher...

G.

*****UPDATE*****

We have unfortunately had a cancellation with one of our crew (Gerritt) having to cancel due to a personal matter. Bitsmith and I are now looking for one person for our cottage. Unfortunately, we will not have room in the boat for this person, but we are in a position to offer a place to crash, at Perfect Vue. (Should you have a boat and are looking for two to join you, that could work as we are now going to be using Bitsmiths boat, which will only accomodate 2 people.)

We expect to be arriving on Friday, still working out details as to our arrival time. We have the cottage until Sunday.

We are looking for someone to share expenses and of course, the odd beverage. :whistling:

Pm me for more details...

HH

i prefer people who talk violently in their sleep..

jesus... when it rains it pours... just found out from my ex-wife her cousin was found dead last night ( a semi decent good buddy)... and has been dead for sometime.... 2 plus weeks.. the fire dept found him while doing annual smoke alarm tests/checks in his building, they entered the apt because of the smell...

An autopsy is being performed...

He was a truck driver so contact from him can be spotty...

Looks like my suit is going double duty this week... unfortunately..

G

Well i'm sitting on the boat tided up at the dock with a brown pop looking at the stars. this is going to be a GREAT WEEK . My cell is on if any one needs to get ahold of me. with the way the moon is going this should be a great weekend for fish. And if not Im sure the company this weekend will make up for it. So looking forward to seeing the guys again. Dan keep that stinky cheese at home lol Well going to pop a movie in and relax see you all soon

Friday, Nov 13 More Details 03.gif Partly sunny. Winds from the SE at 16 . Realfeel®: 8 °C High: 11 °C Friday Night, Nov 13 More Details 38.gif Increasing clouds. Winds from the SE at 24 . Realfeel®: -1 °C Low: 4 °C

Saturday, Nov 14 More Details 06.gif Mostly cloudy. Winds from the SE at 19 . Realfeel®: 8 °C High: 12 °C Saturday Night, Nov 14 More Details 35.gif Partly cloudy. Winds from the SSW at 20 . Realfeel®: 3 °C Low: 7 °C

Sunday, Nov 15 More Details 06.gif Cloudy in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sunshine in the afternoon. Winds from the WNW at 19 . Realfeel®: 7 °C High: 11 °C Sunday Night, Nov 15 More Details 38.gif Mostly cloudy. Winds from the NW at 17 . Realfeel®: -1 °C

well you can launch at Picton harbor that's where the docks are

there is a ramp at the ferry too as well as many more places

depending on the size of your boat and where you want to fish might determine where to put your boat in

they are calling for lots of wind the it does get big waves

but there is always places to fish and the ramp near where you wan to fish may be your best bet

ok... a wind from the north will have a full run from Deseronto all the way into Picton Harbour. That will make the bay area, in front of the cement plant pretty nasty, should the wind have any shoulders what so ever.

For a north wind, I'd suggest launching at the Glenora Ferry, which makes a north wind an off shore breeze.

A 17 ft boat should fine in that area, assuming it doesn't get too windy.

HH

Thanks guys. My boat is a 1988 bass tracker. If anyone sees me out there, feel free to say hello. Was going to try to get a copy of the OFC anthem to play from my stereo, just to get everyone in the mood. lol

lovetofish

Edited by lovetofish