OFN QUINTE FISHING WEEKEND 2009 DATE??

fishhunter

"I'm jealous of all you young budgers partying all night and still able to get up in the morning and fish. Back in the day I coulda kept up, even set the pace, but now, in my advanced years, I'm afraid I'm a liteweight when it comes to serious partying.

I'll probably get a sympathy hangover just knowing how much hurt yer all gonna lay on yerselves. But the cigars sound good.

JF "

Well John, I can see where you are coming from and typically these GTG's require a few days of R & R (recoup and resusitate SP) afterwards. Luckily for some of us, we have had a great deal of practice in the past and are doing everything we possibly can, to stay in practice and utillize these hard won skills.

HH

PS... a most of us will be trolling for our Pickereyes, only the boat driver actually has to stay awake! LMAO

I'm cognisant of the inherent dangers of early morning boating with a late nite reveller. A little bit of exhaust stink and a nice rolling swell should set a few tummies to roiling. Perhaps the chumming will draw some trophy walleyes.

As for the trolling, well, yeah, I agree, it's sleep inducing, hung over or not. :whistling:

JF

John, chumming requires that you actually EAT something! I like to think of it more as "steeping"

HH

Not to put too disgusting a point on it, but I've seen guys hurl with such enthusiasm that they were probably creating a vacuum at their hind end. That could explain some of the solid chunkage being yakked.

JF

I blame Lloyd for that! But if I recall correctly, others were shall we say "hurtin" the next morning! Hey, I dug deep and made the trip... probably would have caught more fish, had I stayed at the cottage! :wallbash: LMAO

HH

If I remember you started I just helped it along. I was up and ready to go at 5:30 as you lay on the couch going oh my god what did i get myself in too. Who are these fishing nuts lol Oh ya I think Terry was also thinking of staying behind that morning lol

You know, these things happen to the best of family and friends!

HH

What? Disgusting smells in the eating and sleeping areas? Not when my wife or my mother are nearby, not unless you want to be sent to yer room. And that's very humiliating for a grown man I'm here to tell y'all.

JF

Thanks for the help Lloyd... I really didn't need a guide at the kitchen table, but I appreciate the effort you put forth, in guiding me towards cerebral bliss... that turned into a body smack... but fun all the same! :D

HH

your most welcome!!! Any time and twice on Sunday :stretcher:

Brian, I'll be bringing two rods...both line counter reels on Shimano TDR rods, 8 footers.

One reel spooled with 20 lb mono and one reel spooled with lead core. Guys will tell you to use braid and floro, I believe that you need the stretch inherent in mono to absorb the hit and fight...JMHO! Obviously being attached to in-line planer boards...

Baits: Reef Runners (clown) Raps, Mann's Stretch 20, 25 and 30's maybe even some spoons!

Hope this helps?

HH

Lets get on with more important things,like,what am I spooling my reels up with?

Braid then a floro leader? Straight mono/floro?Baits and colors.

For me my rods(14) are 15lb power pro with 8 foot mono leaders.

(4) 5 colour lead with 20' mono leaders.

(4) 3 colour lead with 40' mono leaders.

(4) 2 colour lead with 60' mono leaders.

(4) rigger rods 20lb mono

as for baits everything you have till you find the pattern. once you find it fill the water with all you have. keep one or two different to try and find a second hit pattern if first dies.

Hope that helps.

that's why I go with U & Me Guide Service, always catch fish and great equipment

Ahhh quit lying.... you go with Lloyd because I haul his boat home for him after we're all done and we get to bust all his equipment instead of our own ! :jerry: Now if we could just get him to stop banging on our motel window at 5am.... . :wallbash: