Swealtering Heat and Kawartha Musky!

ccmtcanada

We finally got a chance to get out in our boat without the little one...it's been a while, so we were looking forward to chasing down some Musky! We don't target them with them when she's in the boat...you just never know what could happen. Anyhow, headed up to our favourite lake, and launched by 830ish. It didn't take long for the heat to come! The humidity was brutal, and there was really no breeze at all...so we were wondering how long we'd last out there. It wasn't windy, cold or raining, so we were ready to make the best out of this summer weather! We stayed on the water til around 430...a great and fun day!

We each caught one Musky...and I'll just let the pictures tell the rest of the story. You'll see our Karartha go to lure for Musky in one of the pictures....

02aCarolemusky.jpg

A nice chunky 37 incher!

03Carolemusky.jpg

The release....

04release.jpg

And here's the baby one I caught...LOL. Love how the markings are so pronounced on these smaller ones (yes, that's me reaching for the virtues of being outfished by Bly yet again....haha)

05cliffmusky.jpg

Nice to see you guys catching Musky and Cliff next time you can show your face you know.ITs ok if the wife out fishes you.

Sheesh head less fish holding pics .Carole you don't have to cut Cliff's head off just because you out fish hime. :lol:

And just blame his blushing on sunburn.

JF

I Hyena laff at your use of the term "sweltering heat"!!! :w00t:

... of course you realize you're one of the luckiest boogers on earth to have a wifey that will fish with you like that eh?

I can only get Ol' Yeller out on the boat with me if the ambient temp is going to be 75.9-76.1*F with a WSW-W wind of 3.6-5.3 mph on the autumnal equinox of every other leap year!!! :rolleyes:

Looks like you and Miss Bly had a great time!!! :thumbsup_anim: ... y'all keep the good work eh!!! B)

.. btw, I recognize those spots in your pics by the background... and will be around to steal your fish sometime this millenium!!! :)

Edited by GCD

Well done team nail polish!

Good to see you back on the water and the catches are still as they've always been :rolleyes:

Time is short these days but I would love to get out with you two again.

Seems so long since Carole schooled me.

Can't wait for the Walleye reports to be generated soon and posted near xmas!

mucho besos ;)

S.