Simcoe Update: Lakers/Whities and Ling! - pics

Slayingm

The weather has been pretty wild the past number of days. Lots of wind and snow squalls have made for zero visability at times (Thank goodness for GPS!) Lots of snow with drifts and slushy spots on the lake right now in the area's I'm working from the N. side of Georgina Island and West over to Fox Island.

Have found that the bite on hardware has been slower then usual with minnows on light line getting more action. Currently getting Trout and Whitefish working different area's from 53' (on rock) to over 87' on a soft bottom. Here is a pic of a nice chunky Laker that nailed a #9 Jigging rap with 1/2 a minnow worked slowly bouncing off the bottom in 77ft.

http://profishntanglingservices.com/MyPict...000_0245-50.jpg

This Ling Cod (Burbot) was a huge surprize while working for Whitefish.... it hammered a Silver/Blk jigging Rap.... if you can get past the looks these fish are absolutely delicious!

http://profishntanglingservices.com/MyPictures/000_0247.jpg

This nice Whitefish also hit a Rap in the same area as the Ling....

http://profishntanglingservices.com/MyPict.../000_0251-5.jpg

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or not but so far this season I'm having more success fishing Raps and Meegs then my favourite Williams.

Got out and enjoy... the season closes exactly 1 month from today!

Good Fish'n and be safe.... Greg.

Thanks for the report and pictures Greg. :thumbsup_anim:

Sure is alot of snow on all the lakes around here.I havent fished Simcoe as much as I do,been hitting the smaller lakes and having a blast.

I picked up some of the mini meegs last weekend off James. Real killer baits. :clapping:

Thanks again for sharing.

my brother a few years ago caught one of those Lings, we really didnt know what it was. It was scary at first, then again anything coming out of 100 feet of water looks scary. we had rented a hut from Floyds out of beaverton the driver who drove us home said it was a ling. I wish i knew it tasted good, but we threw it out . Anyway thanxs for the pics...please share any recipes for that ling..thanxs again

Note to self: "different area's from 53' (on rock) to over 87' on a soft bottom"

I'm going this weeknd,(Simcoe) if the weather is not too bad. I'll be walking, so I won't have much mobility, but hopefully I can catch something. :) Just to light up that tiny spark of ice fishing craz for me.