Lake Of A Million Walleye ~ Northern Ontario Fly In Adventure

solopaddler

Waoo this sure was the mother of all reports, not to mention my favorite fish every which way....can't complain....total viewing pleasure i thank you for.

Now.....how can I get some specific info about that place from you?

Going to an inland lake full of walleye has been on my to do list for a while....don't think any other lake can eget even close to the one you were on.

So I'd appreciate any specific info.....location/cost etc.

Maybe we can exchange few PM's on the subject? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Wow

I was thinking 'wheres the bass' then it clicked, no bass that far north. Simply beautiful.

When one looks at a map of Northern Ontario, there are literally 100's of lakes, that's why the Americans rank Ontario fishing so high, I guess we are spoiled that way, imagine living in Nevada and wanting to go fishing. Makes the long cold winters worth it doesn't it, when you have trips like this to look forward to.

Great report - like fishing 500 years ago.

The main lake we stayed on most likely would have yielded decent results if we put more then one day on it, but the back lake just had everything going for it, depth, structure, etc etc...

We only got a few mins of heavy downpour but the wind was our enemy most of the week, except for the last day. It got so bad one day that we couldn't back troll, 3' whitecaps and gusts at least in the 60km/h range made things interesting for sure.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.. Great company, great fishing and laughs the entire week.

Many believe the blue tinge in some walleye is a pigment that acts like a sunscreen. Seems odd because the ones i have caught tend to come from deeper water.....but then there are people a lot smarter than me who seem to believe in it.

wow... I'll just leave it at that... that would be the trip of a life time for us...

one thing missing... I thought... BEER lol

Ummmm...nope. Why do you think we chartered the Otter for the flight in? LOL!

Thanks for the comments everyone!