Fishing after work ( dusk) ?

I have been going out to a local river and pond after work about 2-3 times per week for the last couple of weeks.

Always in the hopes of catching a few fish...

OR, trying out the latest lure or bait technique ...

But mainly I go to unwind and find some new local places to fish.. B)

I know I am also blessed to live in a city much smaller than Toronto( London) and am withing a 15-20 minute drive in most directions for some reasonable fishing.

My daughter,botbot, has started coming out with me since school has finished once per week too. ( Taekwondo the other 4 nights for her)

How many of you are fishing after work and why?

Thanks

Splashhopper

I go, but really only for my kids. There is an old quarry down a dirt trail near our house with little pike in it. After work I'll take the kids down the "secret trail" for a bit of fishing, and when the summer progresses, swimming. The 3 year old gets a kick out of catching "big pike" (which are actually smaller than hammerhandles) while they 4 year old gets more fun out of throwing rocks and exploring

I tried to go tonight, but it started raining as I was gassing up the boat. Silly little sunshowers...but lots, so I packed it in.

I can fish salmon, jumbo perch, walleye, all within 15 minutes of getting off work.

You gotta do something to use the evening, may as well be fishing

I get out usually once a week in the evening after the kids are in bed. I hit the Grand in Kitchener and I did well tonight. I was in the river at 7:45 and I caught 5 Smallies before 9:00, the biggest was 17". What a blast, I even saw a doe and two fawns walking along the river! Well worth the mosquito bites and brushes with Stinging Nettle.

Paul

i'll go after work here and there whenever i get a chance. i went out today and fished at heart lake for a few hours. i saw a small bass caught and a trout or two but didn;t really hook anything to get excited about. i gotta say, the $11 bucks that i paid to fish tonight was way too for this location and i won't be going back anytime soon. money aside, getting out sure beats sitting in front of the teletube all night

I get out usually once a week in the evening after the kids are in bed. I hit the Grand in Kitchener and I did well tonight. I was in the river at 7:45 and I caught 5 Smallies before 9:00, the biggest was 17". What a blast, I even saw a doe and two fawns walking along the river! Well worth the mosquito bites and brushes with Stinging Nettle.

Paul

Wow...that's awesome...I was out on the grand (and also for a bit on some nearby ponds) from about 4-8:30pm and not much seemed to be biting. Got a few small ones, but those were few and far between (and mostly from the pond). We saw a lot of carp, but couldn't get them to bite. Seems like Victor and I are gonna have to head out to the Kitchener Grand next time, because in Waterloo it's just not cutting it. Any publically accesible areas you would suggest (just in general..I don't need exact spots).

when i was 17 we used to camp alot and one drunken night we decided to cast from our beer chairs and we had the best fishing in years. Every since then I have fished night time as much as possible. Going camping next weekend and will do some ngiht fishing for sure.

Cheers!

Night fishing is amazing! Everytime I'm up at the cottage I make a point of night fishing. The view (the sky full of stars and the lake lit with the candlelight-like lights of the cottages across the lake) is amazing, and the sounds of nature and water are awesome too! It definitely doesn't hurt that there are some MONSTER fish to be had at night...it just takes getting used to fishing with no sight. The bugs are a pain and the bats always go after my line/rod.

:canadian: Nothing better than a few casts from my lawn chair after supper to nail them pesty brookies . If I really get bored One can get out the old fly pole and nail a few. And if I am really not caring what one catches I get out the old 12 tinny and float down river and nail a few smallies.Boy being retired on a river really stinks .Steve

Ive caught some of my largest fish at dusk to dark...when the sun touches the water (beginning of witching hour) i pay special attention to the rods and turn on the clickers in case i dont see the movement quick enough ...( ill hear it ) when the rods are no longer visible

I've always kept gear in the car all year long. After a bad day at work, nothing better than fishing away the Bull Doesn't matter where you live, ther is always some pond or stream to explore. Even in T.O. Couple of great spots at a particular Toronto cemetary come to mind ;)

hmmm... and I was thinking that maybe I might overdo it by going out in the am as my wife leaves for work at 5:00 am...

hmmm B)

I go before work 0530-0600

after work 1600-1630

and the witching hour 2000-2100

everday for softwater adjusting to sunrise and sunset