3 days till OPENER !!!!!!!!!

Lunker777

Hey everyone

Only 3 more days till the hit is on !!!! I cant wait to get out and start hunting down the lunkers !!!

Any one have any special plans for the weekend ???

Its just coincidence that we are going up to the cottage on opener weekend... but Im not going to complain !

Elephant lake, here I come !!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I'm helping out with David Chong's Big Brother charity event up on Simcoe/Cooch this Saturday!

All of us "pro's" are taking a "little brother & big brother" out fishing in the morning ("little brother" is in a tournament), and then coming back for a BBQ afterward where the prizes will be awarded to the winning "Little Brother".

Should be a lot of fun, and for a great cause!

I've got my lure assortment picked out and am deciding on where on the Thames I'll start. From there it'll be just a case of moving from spot to spot until we have had enuf. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Wading in the rain sux.

JF

Maybe hooking up with John for some decent action.

Went to St Marys again yesterday, saw few nice ones in couple of pools, really nice ones.

I've gotta do an open house on Sat morning but I'm heading out by about 2 o'clock and will be moving around on the Thames until I'm fished out. Let me know if yer coming, and bring yer waders.

JF

I've gotta do an open house on Sat morning but I'm heading out by about 2 o'clock and will be moving around on the Thames until I'm fished out. Let me know if yer coming, and bring yer waders.

JF

Saturday i am busy at CAGI, sunday i am open all day

I'm taking the young lad up to a little place called Noganosh Lake...south of the Pickerel River. He wanted to go camping, and he specifically wanted it to be very wild...no campsites, no people...won't catch me turning that down.

We won't be fishing any more than he wants to, but, as he put it "pancakes for breakfast and fish for dinner!" Lookin' forward to a good time :)

Was browsing another form while seeking info regarding fishing tackle and well let's say this guy is more than ready for bass fishing

Take a look at this...kinda excessive but who wouldn't want what he has.

http://www.tackletour.net/TTForums/viewtop...=50&t=40492

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I'm taking the young lad up to a little place called Noganosh Lake...south of the Pickerel River. He wanted to go camping, and he specifically wanted it to be very wild...no campsites, no people...won't catch me turning that down.

We won't be fishing any more than he wants to, but, as he put it "pancakes for breakfast and fish for dinner!" Lookin' forward to a good time :)

Nice spot johnny try to get into some of the other lakes as well. Oh and bring the bug spray when the sun starts to go down the mozzys might carry the young lad aaway. Edited by Musky or Specks

i'm trying out my buddies "top secret" spot/lake for smallies which is very close to town, see if what hes been talking about is true(7.5lb smallie but lots of other good sized ones) then later in the afternoon heading to old reliable tilley lakes(upper) for some more smallie action then in the evening til dark hopefully get into some walleye action. good luck everyone!

i'm trying out my buddies "top secret" spot/lake for smallies which is very close to town, see if what hes been talking about is true(7.5lb smallie but lots of other good sized ones) then later in the afternoon heading to old reliable tilley lakes(upper) for some more smallie action then in the evening til dark hopefully get into some walleye action. good luck everyone!

That reminds me of a secret pond up near Kingston that I'll be having my uncle take me to...only canoe accessible and it's clouded out on google maps. Near my grandmothers lake actually where i'll be heading to at the start of august...Many printed photo's of my uncle and his friend with 7lb+ Largemouth's at this place..man If i can get to this hole and manage a bass over 5lbs I'll be happy...Kinda scared as there is nothing for a few km's in either directions of this place...what if we fall in :huh:

I'm helping out with David Chong's Big Brother charity event up on Simcoe/Cooch this Saturday!

All of us "pro's" are taking a "little brother & big brother" out fishing in the morning ("little brother" is in a tournament), and then coming back for a BBQ afterward where the prizes will be awarded to the winning "Little Brother".

Should be a lot of fun, and for a great cause!

Have fun.

You will have a blast and meet some great people and make a new friend thats for sure. Saddly I will not be there this year.Im hopeing to get out sunday to get the rust off.Might need a xtra large can of WD 40. :lol:

For what it's worth, some Bass are still on the beds. I know for a fact that some hatched yesterday! Might want to hold off on the shallow stuff for another week or two or so?

Weather and water conditions have been an up and down roller coaster this year. The bass that started to spawn earlier this month may have had their fry die due to dropping temperatures we experienced.

For what it's worth, some Bass are still on the beds. I know for a fact that some hatched yesterday! Might want to hold off on the shallow stuff for another week or two or so?

Weather and water conditions have been an up and down roller coaster this year. The bass that started to spawn earlier this month may have had their fry die due to dropping temperatures we experienced.

Yea my partner and I were thinking the same thing... fishing might be a week or 2 behind due to the crazy temp changes. These last few days and the ones to come should help get things on track though. Its been hot as hell ! haha

I am taking tomorrow off the replace some trebles, set up some rods then it's down to Long Point. Docking in Port Rowan with my dad and a couple other boats and spending the night on the water. Then up at 4am to start pounding them

Now were having problems getting out trailer up there...Our driver had a different power hook up than the one we have(Circle thing with 6 holes)...Now were running around asking friends and family to bring it up for us...

UGH-When things were going well this had to happen.

I Will BASS FISH TOMORROW!