40hp 4 stroke Yamaha Tiller

solopaddler

After suffering last week once again with my severely underpowered boat I can't take it anymore.

Can anyone here reccomend a dealer in southern Ont where I can buy a 40hp 4 stroke yammy tiller?

On a side note I've got a mint shape 25hp Yamaha 2 stroke that'll be for sale very soon. :)

I would not suggest Bay City Marine.

I live 4 blocks from there. I could walk my trailer there.

I just bought a 2009 Yamaha 50hp Four Stroke Tiller from CO2 Sports in Oakville.

Give me a PM if you want all the details as to why "not" to go to the above shop.

I see our little chat this aft got you in motion. :D

You know me mister impulsive. :)

Mike, what's the maximum rating for your Lund? We got the max we could on our Legend and it's a pleasure to drive even when loaded to the teats.

Max on mine is 40hp.

Cant help with this but it sure sounds like a sweet motor.

It's an awesome little motor for sure. :)

On a side note does anyone know what a '99 Yammy 25hp 2 stroke might be worth? :dunno:

I second Hastings Marine. I believe that they are the largest Yamaha dealer in Southern Ontario. Talk to Mike Maynard. Stand up guy. Lots of new and used motors to choose from.

Oh yeah.......Congrats on choosing Yamaha 4 stroke. you wont regret it !!!!!

I have always been treated extremely well by Doug and Clarence at Bay City Marine. I've never bought a boat from them, but when I'm in the market for an upgrade(dreamboat) thats where I'll go.

On that note, I will never return to Don Hyde Marine in Hagersville where I bought my Yamaha F90 in 2005.

That guy at Bay city needs to cheer up, he makes me feel like I'm annoying him whenever I'm in there. Another thing, I'm almost positive he didn't even winterize my motor last winter, because she barely smoked when I fired her up. I'm not the only one he has charged and not done the work. Maybe this post will be a wake up call. :dunno:

Edited by Fish4Eyes

That guy at Bay city needs to cheer up, he makes me feel like I'm annoying him whenever I'm in there. Another thing, I'm almost positive he didn't even winterize my motor last winter, because she barely smoked when I fired her up. I'm not the only one he has charged and not done the work. Maybe this post will be a wake up call. :dunno:

Perhaps rather than flame someone on this forum that "maybe" didn't do a good job for you, "maybe" you should have got an explanation from them first?

Just a thought.........

My vote also goes out to Bay city Marine.I have always delt with Doug and have been very satisfied with there first rate service.I also purchased My Minkota Terrova and my Huminbird from them Cheaper than anywhere else.

Dan

Perhaps rather than flame someone on this forum that "maybe" didn't do a good job for you, "maybe" you should have got an explanation from them first?

Just a thought.........

Well of course he is not going to admit that he didn't do the work. Just looking out for fellow OFNers and making sure they don't get ripped off like I did and others did.

Well of course he is not going to admit that he didn't do the work. Just looking out for fellow OFNers and making sure they don't get ripped off like I did and others did.

And I appreciate the feedback.

I've had a couple of other pm's regarding Bay City that weren't very complimentary.

On the other hand ironically enough it was Bay City where I bought my current boat package a few years ago. I had no problems with Clarence, but then I dealt with him for maybe 15 mins total and havn't been back in since.

I'm going to call around and check prices today.

Thanks again guys.