Speaking of Miserable

holdfast

Ive always been a doer and not just a talker. That's why I did really well in the Military and most things in Life. However there is one thing that is depressing me to no end because there is nothing to do but feel Robbed and Cheated.

Today and within a few hours Gas will go up 4 cents to $1.09. What? 0only $70 dollars a Barrel. Lets compare to Last year. $130 a Barrel and $1.21 at the pumps. THIEVES!!!!!!!!

If anybody, anybody has any good Ideas on stopping this Thievery let me know. Mcteague as far as Im concerned is nothing but a Speculator and Press Agent for the companies

I understand the frustration but there's nothing you can do. You know it, I know it, and the gas companies know it too. That's why it happens. Until we develop alternative fuel sources, that can be produced and used on a large scale, there's nothing we can do. They will continue to bend us over and stick it to us whenever they feel inclined.

They only thing you really can do is try to drive less, though that's not possible for some. Or if you're really sick of it when you buy your next car make sure it's fuel efficient.

I understand the frustration but there's nothing you can do. You know it, I know it, and the gas companies know it too. That's why it happens. Until we develop alternative fuel sources, that can be produced and used on a large scale, there's nothing we can do. They will continue to bend us over and stick it to us whenever they feel inclined.

They only thing you really can do is try to drive less, though that's not possible for some. Or if you're really sick of it when you buy your next car make sure it's fuel efficient.

Thats pretty funny. They want alternative sources so they can rip us off on them too

I've converted my SUV to run on the hot air produced by polititions!!!!

There is an unlimited supply and it's free for the taking. In fact they produce more each day than the world could ever use. When we finally contact aliens we will be able to trade our surplus for really cool alien poop!!!!! :lol:

Ive always been a doer and not just a talker. That's why I did really well in the Military and most things in Life. However there is one thing that is depressing me to no end because there is nothing to do but feel Robbed and Cheated.

Today and within a few hours Gas will go up 4 cents to $1.09. What? 0only $70 dollars a Barrel. Lets compare to Last year. $130 a Barrel and $1.21 at the pumps. THIEVES!!!!!!!!

If anybody, anybody has any good Ideas on stopping this Thievery let me know. Mcteague as far as Im concerned is nothing but a Speculator and Press Agent for the companies

I know you love the military but can you explain what you mean by "I did really well in the military and most things in life."

Guest gbfisher

I saw an old member from this site on youtube all depressed about gas prices . Something about how is a grown man is supposed to support a family and fill his car.

Fill er up! :lol:

Edited by gbfisher

I know you love the military but can you explain what you mean by "I did really well in the military and most things in life."

For you Ill answer your Question. Warrant officer from Pvt. not an RSM but at least past SGT. Never thought Id get past Pvt with all the troubles I was into. Especially when I sat in a Marine Jail cell in Fort Bragg/well being Canadian. You know, drinking and fighting. I always worked Hard as well as played Hard.

Typical gas company crap. Price per bbl drops - you get a cent or two off per liter at the pumps. Price per bbl rises - you get whacked by a big increase.

Even big gov't can't tackle big business (i.e. oil companies). Not that they mostly even want to try.

Even big gov't can't tackle big business (i.e. oil companies). Not that they mostly even want to try.

You guys need to read a little more and try to understand that big business IS the government. The best thing you can do for yourself and your family right now is learn to be self-sufficient. Teach your children. Don't whine about it, just protect yourselves.

For you Ill answer your Question. Warrant officer from Pvt. not an RSM but at least past SGT. Never thought Id get past Pvt with all the troubles I was into. Especially when I sat in a Marine Jail cell in Fort Bragg/well being Canadian. You know, drinking and fighting. I always worked Hard as well as played Hard.

Got it.

Warrant officer is respectable indeed.

Unless we smarten up and elect ourselves a government that doesn't accept political contributions from the oil and gas companies, we certainly never will see a change. However, considering most major elections are won by the candidate who spends the most money, it's unlikely we'll ever see a government that isn't a lapdog of big business.

How could it be more obvious that the gas companies are guilty of collusion? We're taught that the beauty of a free-market system is that sellers providing the same goods or services will be forced to compete, price being one area in which they attempt to out-do each other. Why do we not see any evidence of this dynamic? They claim the frequent increases in the cost at the pump is "driven by market forces," or that they exist on "a razor-thin profit margin." Nonsense. Their profits often increase by several hundred percent from year to year. The really scary thing is the realization that these people will never be happy with how enormous their profits are. They'll always want more, and making less will simply not be an option.

A lot of people will be eager to suggest that what the government needs to do is lower taxes on gas. Lower taxes are great, but there's a couple of problems there. First of all if the government lowers the tax on gas by a penny a litre today, the gas companies would increase price by a penny and a half tomorrow. Let's be realistic. We would never see that break in the form of lower prices at the pump. Secondly, most of the tax on gas is levied at a per litre basis. At one time it was 14.7 cents per litre federally and 10 cents per litre provincially. I'm not sure if that's what it is now. There's also either GST or PST, I forget which one...but my point is that when the price of gas doubles (for example), the overall taxes collected by the government does not double, not even close. For every penny the price of gas goes up, the percentage of tax you pay on a litre of gas goes down. Why should the public coffers be deprived of monies just so profitable corporations can go on making bigger profits? Lower taxes on gas is sadly, not the answer...IMO.

Gas prices are one of the great mysteries of our world. Demand goes up a little, the price goes up. Dollar goes down, price goes up. Per barrel crude price goes up, price goes up. Price per barrel crude goes down, price goes up. Price per barrel steady, price goes up. No matter what happens there is always an excuse turned around to favour them.

Go figure.

No matter how much we carp and whine it's going to always be the same. The big guys got you by the curlies :w00t: and they will keep pulling. :devil: Only thing we can do is quit driving...as if we can do that. :( There are going to be many changes to our lifestyles in the future as we become more and more conscious of energy costs.

You guys need to read a little more and try to understand that big business IS the government. The best thing you can do for yourself and your family right now is learn to be self-sufficient. Teach your children. Don't whine about it, just protect yourselves.

Lundboy is that you? :lol:

You could try getting over it and worrying about something important...

Unbelievable. Gas price is one of the things that helped get us in the economic situation we're in now. How is it not important when some families have to choose between gas to get to work or food for the table. There are people living on less than you in this world ya know. It's just pushing more people under the poverty line.

^^^ We have a winner!

But seriously, it is all about being independant and will be more and more everyday. My personal goal is to one day live self sufficiently by going off the grid with solar, wind, and geothermal. I know it may sound far fetched but i hope to one day achieve this. Then i can buy a little plug in electric car for errands and going to work, and keep the truck at home for the weekends. I then won't have to worry so much about being bent over with ever increasing fuel costs.

Gas will be at $1.50/litre within the next little while...

the fact is prices for gas are going up across the globe for a number of reasons... mostly supply/demand - it's a commodity that has limited quantities and there a a number of very large countries that are eating up a lot more oil than was the case only 10 years ago

this is going to change what you drive (on the road and water...)

downsize!

My personal goal is to one day live self sufficiently by going off the grid with solar, wind, and geothermal... Then i can buy a little plug in electric car for errands and going to work, and keep the truck at home for the weekends. I then won't have to worry so much about being bent over with ever increasing fuel costs.

Admirable, and a great goal. The problem of course is that there are LOTS of people who can't afford the installations, or two vehicles. They are the ones who suffer the most when gas prices are high enough for the oil companies to be raking in cash, and they're likely the last to have such options.

Some of them are fortunate enough to be able to cut their own wood for heating. That's about as oil-dependence-free as they can get.

But seriously, it is all about being independant and will be more and more everyday. My personal goal is to one day live self sufficiently by going off the grid with solar, wind, and geothermal. I know it may sound far fetched but i hope to one day achieve this.

Admirable, and a great goal. The problem of course is that there are LOTS of people who can't afford the installations, or two vehicles. They are the ones who suffer the most when gas prices are high enough for the oil companies to be raking in cash, and they're likely the last to have such options.

Some of them are fortunate enough to be able to cut their own wood for heating. That's about as oil-dependence-free as they can get.

Easy fix become a Mennonite. :lol:

mennonite.jpg