Why use a baitcaster?

Jonny

It's the astronaut suit and the sponsor logos tattoed on their first borned chilluns that help them get the extra distance (tortured soul-push) with inferior products all supplied gratis by the manufacturers all in an effort to make JohnF and other gearpigs wallow in the money lined pit of baitcast brainwashed bubbas.

Duh.

:D

Sharp contrast to those who hold their spinning reel upside down and reel them backwards....

We've all seen 'em! :w00t:

It's the astronaut suit and the sponsor logos tattoed on their first borned chilluns that help them get the extra distance (tortured soul-push) with inferior products all supplied gratis by the manufacturers all in an effort to make JohnF and other gearpigs wallow in the money lined pit of baitcast brainwashed bubbas.

Duh.

:D

Excellent insight. :D

Really, who would use a bait caster for trout, panfish, and 90 percent pickerel applications.

Now I'm really starting to feel stupid. I mean why do I have all these level wind oufits designed for small lake trouting, big water trouting and of course steelies (that's a trout). Not to mention numerous casting outfits designed specifically for walleye. :wallbash:

Oh and my favourite perch outfit on the big lakes, you guessed it......baitcaster. :)

Guess I'll have to convert to bass fishing. :dunno:

You should also tell the guys that currently hold casting records they should be using spinning reels instead of conventionals :)

Uh, you mean those reels that cast like more like a bailless spinning reel with a FIXED spool rather than a baitcaster? Those ones?

You're entitled to your opinion as everyone else is. It's when you consider your opinion fact that makes you look silly.

Not as silly as I look trying to lift up my glass at the end of the day with the horrible misshapen claw of a hand I have after it's been cramped up trying to hold a "low profile" baitcaster all day. No wonder those pro's cast so damn fast, their rod hand is done by noon!

Hey can any of you spinophiles do this with your reels?

devil.gif

Bah haaa haaaa that's an awesome demontration of skill, which is the reason he's using a baitcaster. The superior casting velocity acheived with spinning reels would make it too easy!

Not to mention numerous casting outfits designed specifically for walleye. wallbash.gif

You mean the myriad of outfits designed & promoted to catch the walleye FISHERMEN dontcha?

There's this island in the South Pacific that's been setup to help deprogram former cult members, I think it might find some use here. Some good beach fishing too.......but then again most surf casters are using spinning outfits, oh no!

If it makes you feel better you can retrieve backwards with the reel upside down :D

Not as silly as I look trying to lift up my glass at the end of the day with the horrible misshapen claw of a hand I have after it's been cramped up trying to hold a "low profile" baitcaster all day. No wonder those pro's cast so damn fast, their rod hand is done by noon!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for Garry's secret that he promised us....

You have to climb the mountain, Grasshopper, and sit at the Great One's (Garry, not Wayne) feet to learn his secret.

And pray that he's changed his sox before you squat to pay obeisance.

JF

I know one thing. There people on this board that don't know physics.

Drag is caused buy friction.

When casting spinning reels the line loops down, making contact with every eye of the rod,friction!

You will say that there is more friction in a bearing,Granted.

On the scale that is used for bearing is a scale on 1 to 9,by two's

1,3,5.7.9. 1 being the softest.

The hard the bearing. The harder it's for the friction to cause heat. Less friction= less drag.

Now I'm really starting to feel stupid. I

Oh and my favourite perch outfit on the big lakes, you guessed it......baitcaster. :)

Guess I'll have to convert to bass fishing. :dunno:

LOL

Ground Control to Major Spiel

Ground Control to Major Spiel

You Have Permission to Cast your Baitcaster with that 1/64 OZ Perch Jig.

Countdown is on

"Holdie says to Himself" Oh OH

Edited by holdfast

well i suppose to answer the question to the topic of the thread....

If you go down to the mouth of the credit river ( say late sept or early oct) with a 7 foot rod and a baitcaster chucking canadian wigglers and hook into a 30 plus pound salmon...you will answer the question for yourself...( if you dont go then i answer it for you )

BECAUSE ITS FUN FUN FUN !!!!!

Not that a 11 - 15 foot rod set up to float isnt fun ...its just another kind of fun

Here's what y'all need --- maybe me too! :D

A little different from the others.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast08usr...upercaster.html

Correct me if Im right. Apparently this reel requires no eyelet so it lets you cast further and without Backlash.

Good Concept, Ill guess Ill throw out my ABU Garcia Mag that has a floating eyelet when you cast so that I can buy this well advertised product once I Rob the Bank.

Correct me if Im right.

??? :D

Good Concept, Ill guess Ill throw out my ABU Garcia Mag that has a floating eyelet when you cast so that I can buy this well advertised product once I Rob the Bank.

There sure has to be a ton of money made selling tackle. All you do is dangle something new in front of a fisherman.

But don't throw out that ABU. I think I know where you can get some money for it. :P

Here's what y'all need --- maybe me too! :D

A little different from the others.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast08usr...upercaster.html

This is not the first time that concept has been tried. Wish I could remember the manufacturer but I recall pictures of a reel from ads in the 50 or 60's that instead of an eyelet had a piece of square stock with a twist in it that when it revolved would lay the line on the spool evenly. My dad was a tournament caster in the late 40's and early 50's winning T.A.H.A. championships at the C.N.E. , learned to fish with better quality knucklebusters of that era , Langely's , Inglis/Shakespeares , was pretty into it as a teen.

EDIT: found a pic of what I remember, was more of a trolling type reel from Penn, but the concept is so close I would wonder about patent infringement if it applies after 35+ years

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Penn-LEVELINE-...=item1e5726aa86

Edited by dave524