top 5 lures

laszlo

Hmm tough call.. depends on the day .. and the mood I am in..

but if i was to go right now i would take theese..

[1] Big'O /or/ Bomber shallow dive crankbait / wake bait (perch or firetiger)

[2] rapala subwalk (ghost)

[3] 4-5'' plastic craw (copper / red)

[4] gulp alive 3'' twirl tail minnow (white/on a beetle spin)

[5] cotton cordell 3-4 walleye diver (fire tiger / perch)

1) 3.5 in. tube in smoke/red flake

2) lucky craft pointer 100sp shad colour

3) #4 silver spinner

4) grim reaper tandem spinnerbait in black/gold

5) 5in. senko type bait in green pumpkin

Wow! A lot of variety in those selections.

Seems like the most common would be:

Plastics & Spinnerbaits.

I must say that my #2 selection of the White Cotton Cordell Crankbait (with the 2 black dots on top of the head)

is totally under the radar.

I'm going to award that guy with 'Most under-estimated lure'

Do i have to go with 5?

1. Lucky strike 2 1/2 victor spinner tipped with minnow..trolled...

2. Cotten Cordell walleye diver...gold/black

3. Wouldnt need it LOL

4. Wouldnt need it LOL

5. Wouldnt need it LOL

Guest steel'n'esox

What no pink worms everyone was rantin about them two months ago, give me 5 jigs from 1/16th to 3/8ths and ill be fine

I must say that my #2 selection of the White Cotton Cordell Crankbait (with the 2 black dots on top of the head)

is totally under the radar.

I'm going to award that guy with 'Most under-estimated lure'

If that's a Big O it's been mentioned a few times, always was a staple for me until I found the Spro Crank25 at Fishmasters (only place I've seen them, and even he doesn't carry them anymore). In multiple Uber-Small-White-Crankbait-Throwdown-Ultimate-Challenge I've spanked a die hard Big O lover over & over.

But I still have a few Big O's in the box.....y'know just incase I lose my last Spro.

If that's a Big O it's been mentioned a few times, always was a staple for me until I found the Spro Crank25 at Fishmasters (only place I've seen them, and even he doesn't carry them anymore). In multiple Uber-Small-White-Crankbait-Throwdown-Ultimate-Challenge I've spanked a die hard Big O lover over & over.

But I still have a few Big O's in the box.....y'know just incase I lose my last Spro.

I am a big fan of the big o and I have one in white but that is not my go to colour. My go to coulour is something else.

Problem with the spro is just what you mentioned. Hard to find and cost more. You can get the big o anywhere and I have seen them for as little as 4.99

It all makes sense now. I didn't know it was call the Big O.

I've been calling it the White Cotton forever.

Okay you piqued my interest in the Spro as I'm a big fan of the Big O.

Just ordered some online, I'll let you know how they work for me. :)

Okay you piqued my interest in the Spro as I'm a big fan of the Big O.

Just ordered some online, I'll let you know how they work for me. :)

Pssst Shad colour. They dive a little bit deeper than a Big O, but the hooks are killer stock.

Memorable moments, 4 species in four passes through the same hole trolling the Grand (whistletrout, channel, smallie then a trout. In June). My Big O loving friend finally cried "No Mas, No Mas!" one windy day on a back lake when I went three 18" bass in three casts. Hell I've even caught chinook on them casting infront of Bronte. They've got a weird funky wobble.........yes I am a big fan :D

Now on Husky Jerks.....other than a few jointed baits I'm officially off Rapala's. Heresy I know, but I just never did that great on them. Their "wobble" always seemed to me to be a tad tight. I always liked Redfins better, and for a suspending Secret Weapon before suspending lures became all the rage we doctored ours by injecting water into them. Casts like a bullet, has alot looser wobble than a HJ or XRap, used to be the Secret Weapon casting for browns off pier heads in the spring and pike. Bombers work too, but Redfins are my "comfort bait"

3.5cc's for a 6" Redfin

2.5-3cc for a Bomber Long A

Pssst Shad colour. They dive a little bit deeper than a Big O, but the hooks are killer stock.

Memorable moments, 4 species in four passes through the same hole trolling the Grand (whistletrout, channel, smallie then a trout. In June). My Big O loving friend finally cried "No Mas, No Mas!" one windy day on a back lake when I went three 18" bass in three casts. Hell I've even caught chinook on them casting infront of Bronte. They've got a weird funky wobble.........yes I am a big fan :D

Now on Husky Jerks.....other than a few jointed baits I'm officially off Rapala's. Heresy I know, but I just never did that great on them. Their "wobble" always seemed to me to be a tad tight. I always liked Redfins better, and for a suspending Secret Weapon before suspending lures became all the rage we doctored ours by injecting water into them. Casts like a bullet, has alot looser wobble than a HJ or XRap, used to be the Secret Weapon casting for browns off pier heads in the spring and pike. Bombers work too, but Redfins are my "comfort bait"

3.5cc's for a 6" Redfin

2.5-3cc for a Bomber Long A

Agree on the action of the floating Rap stick baits. That's why each and every one I use is doctored so that it runs a bit more erratically :) . You do this by bending the eye down slightly..

I learned that trick 26 years ago on the Bad River...

Only picking 5 was tough. I also really like the Ripplin' Redfin and Storm Thunderstick Jr...

Tough to narrow it down to just five, but what the hey:

1. Mepps Aglia, No. 4, Silver

2. Quarter-ounce jig with smoke-coloured, three-inch Yamamoto grub

3. Original Lunker City Slug-Go, black

4. Heddon Tiny Torpedo, any colour (fish only see the silhouette anyway)

5. Either No. 7 Shad Rap in black and silver, or a half-ounce white spinnerbait with tandem Colorado blades

The Mepps is a no-brainer, I can use it to cover water and search out active fish at any depth.

The jig is the go-to if the fish aren't active.

The Slug-Go gives me something to use in even the thickest weeds, at any depth or speed.

The Torpedo is unbeatable any time there's a topwater bite.

If I'm fishing a shield lake, I'll take the Shad Rap. If it's a meso or eutrophic lake, then definitely the spinnerbait.