Stanley Cup

Stoty

Because he is a Pretty Boy. Should be playing Soccer

That doesn't say a lot about the three guys it's taking to contain him regularly. I'm pretty impressed that Detroit has enuf respect for that "Pretty Boy" to have three men on him every time he crosses the blue line. They'd be in trouble if the Pens had more depth, or perhaps they just need a few more Pretty Boys. ;)

Ya can't help being impressed with Detroit's execution.

JF

Yes, they passed two out of two tests....2-0, looks good on paper, but with an average grade of 66%? I used to get the paddle for a 66%, even though i "passed". If your happy getting a passing grade by the skin of your teeth, so be it. And I didnt make up the 4 periods out of 6 ratio.......remember? :D Domination may occur in the next few games, but not to date. To me domination is complete and utter control at all times......or at least 90-95% (this is all in good fun btw)

That doesn't say a lot about the three guys it's taking to contain him regularly. I'm pretty impressed that Detroit has enuf respect for that "Pretty Boy" to have three men on him every time he crosses the blue line. They'd be in trouble if the Pens had more depth, or perhaps they just need a few more Pretty Boys. ;)

Ya can't help being impressed with Detroit's execution.

JF

Ahhh, a voice of reason in an otherwise grossly exaggerated conversation :D

..... grossly exaggerated conversation :D

Surely you can't mean that when it comes from a bunch of your fellow OFNers? These are guys used to being entirely honest about the fish they catch, after all. ;)

JF

Im actually quite bored with gms 1 and 2...and I dont think Detroit is dominating...they are just domintating the crease...which is the main reason they are leading. Not over by any stretch of the imagination...it will be an interesting gm 3 and 4.

Detroit is my team. So ofcourse Im a little Biased.

Hossa, in game one, did cover the puck which should have been a penalty shot. Can't blame the wings for that though, the Ref didn't do his job.

In game 2, he DID NOT cover the puck, in the replay showing a view from the front of the net you can clearly see the puck on the ice WITH OUT Hossa covering it.

Now lucky bounces in hockey are part of the game. Sometimes they go your way, some times they dont. At the moment, Detroit has them going there way.

Frustration is a huge part of the game aswell... the Pens are to young of a team, they are VERY frustrated right now. Malkin proved that with his rediculous show at the end of the game last night with Zetterburg. He honestly looked like a kid throwing a fit. He was tossing hay makers with his stick still in his hands ??? Come on now... that was just embarrasing.

Fleury hasn't shown up in this series yet. Detroits first goal was a lucky bounce off the boards, but other than that they have been good goals.

Osgood is amazing. He does not get the credit he deserves.

Crosby, well for being 21, and the leader of an NHL team at such a young age. I think he is doing a pretty good job. He also hasn't shown up in this series yet either. Last night hit the post and if Osgoods pad would have been about .25" lower to the ice, he would have had a goal and a tie game. But again, the bounce just didn't go his way. To the person who said Crosby is a "whiney baby" maybe you should check out his team mate Malkin....

Pens. coach should have called a time out when they iced the puck after that long shift. That was a mistake on his part and in turn, Detroit capitalized.

Detroit has so much talent right across the board. To expect to win against them with a couple star players. Well its not going to happen.

I wanted to see an exciting series as much as anyone else. But on the other hand... its just as sweet to watch Detroit teach the young Pens how to win !

Detroit in 5 games. ( I say that only so they can win at home ;) ) haha

Detroit is impressive, but they've been getting the lucky end of the bounces...plain and simple. They may have more self-control and discipline overall, and be less likely to be rattled, compared to the Pens...but so far they aren't winning these games by domination, or even on their own merits entirely. Pittsburgh has shown that they can outplay them...but only in spurts. Good hockey either way you cut it, and I'm not a devoted fan of either team, but the more I watch, the more I want to see the Pens win, or at least see Detroit earn their goals instead of get lucky bounces.

All I got to say are the NHL's Best teams are out. This is Boring again. What we are watching is not a Stanley Cup. But a QMJHL game. Just the way Crosby and the Europeans like it. Gad Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, on and on and on and on. We are witnessing the two weakest Stanley Cup finalists in the past two years.

This is Brutal watching this Malarkey.

Edited by holdfast

I'd like to know what you're smoking...because I'd love to get some of that stuff!

Come on now. This reminds me of Watching the old 12 team Leagues. The Canadians Playing St Louis. Remember those awful games. Just like now. Like I said, looks like a rec league game. Lack of hitting, Lots of Jawing, some Biting and Girly slaps and the odd pinch in the scrum. Just like the European and women's leagues. Then again, look at what you got for a team. Too bad the good teams played each other and due to attrition we end up with LOL Pittsburgh and Detroit. Too tell ya the truth, I think the only interest in these Games are in Southern Ontario, Detroit and Pittsburgh. Otherwise, I don't think the ratings get any better anywhere else.

Edited by holdfast

^^^well said^^^

besides stick work, best hockey ive seen in a while

You got to get out more as I can see you lead a sheltered life. Watch some Junior vs Russia/USA games before you tell me how good this series is.

I duno, i havent watched every minute of both games, but it seems to have been pretty Bland.

I think Orpik hit Hossa once in game one, and the commentators acted like he ripped his head off, when in reality.........he bumped him off his skates to the ice. Which should happen every time a guy touches the puck LOL! You'da thought it was Cambell hitting umberger lol. Ok, maybe they didnt go that nuts :P But i think holdfasts point is geared more toward a let it all hang out, rock em sock em, give blood play hockey type request. And i agree. If i want to watch an All Star game, Ill watch the All Star game lol

Deja vous....

Boreing series for me unfortunatly...don't particularily like either team, and have been unimpressed thus far by either team which is Weird considering this is the cream of the crop :dunno:

Maybe I'm biased or something?

My 2 cents...

Detroits to deep to be beat by Pittsburgh IMO, but I'd like to see it just to build some rivalry.

You got to get out more as I can see you lead a sheltered life. Watch some Junior vs Russia/USA games before you tell me how good this series is.

A sheltered life, wife, kids, work, fishing, my bussiness....no shelter here

I think your just to old to realize good hockey when ya see it...this is not the 60s

cheers

I am by no means an expert like some of you , but I put my money down on Detroit before the playoffs started. I actually gave a guy every other team and I took Detroit. I'm a Leaf fan, but you would have to be an idiot not to appreciate a great organization like the Red Wings. They've won or contended for quite a few years now and anyone that can't appreciate that should give their head a shake. They are what every sports organization strives to be.

Cheers

I am by no means an expert like some of you , but I put my money down on Detroit before the playoffs started. I actually gave a guy every other team and I took Detroit. I'm a Leaf fan, but you would have to be an idiot not to appreciate a great organization like the Red Wings. They've won or contended for quite a few years now and anyone that can't appreciate that should give their head a shake. They are what every sports organization strives to be.

Cheers

I agree, also a Leafs fan. However, yes Detroit is a really good team, but how much better can they get. I mean, this team is very mature and well inquired and close to there prime in Hockey today. Look at the Pens, making finals 2 years in a row with such a young team that has more than enough time to get even better, watch out for this club, look how well there doing already. Wait until they further improve on there success, and most importantly, wait until the time runs out at the end of game 4 to see where this series is going.

Mike

wait until they all want multimillion dollar contracts because theyve attained the finals two years in a row (and possibly a cup if they come back to win this series) and feel they deserve more money, each and every one of them.........wait till that happens and the team is dismantled because they cant stay under the cap and pay everyone what they want at the same time. lol

AMEN brother!