Stanley Cup

Stoty

Im on the fence so its merely the sport in which i watch, not who wins, that said with Draper back in and good possibility that Pavel (How do you spell his last name) is in as well gives the Wings a distinct advantage...now that Zetterberg doesnt have to do all the dirty work, it can be spread around to those 3. If they are back in the lineup, i can see wings winnng this one. If there not......

This is true. Washington is a team that's still building and Detroit is a team that consistently drafts well, and is as close to a dynasty we've had since the 80's. That said, I hope the pens wipe the rink with zetterberg's big ass beard tonight.

lol that will never happen, zetterburg beard made out of steel

finally the wings fan can celebrate with there team on home ice..

Pl do not hate

cheers

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
wouldn't get too cocky doc

i would feel better if it was 4-2 with 20 seconds left in the third

i'm a sens fan.

leafs/sens fans aren't too worried about seeming "cocky" right now.

we're worried about correcting our slices!

Something is starting to look old, slow and tired. No, not Cherry, well yes him too, but that’s been going on for years. The wings have a great deal of talent and depth no question, but it may not be enough this year. Three games to find out. I want 7 (see J. Balsillie). As long as it’s not like the Caps v Pens seventh game. Anticlimactic.

Three non called penalty shots in 4 games, on the same team? How embarrassing for the officials and the league.

Detroit still dominated them and were the better team, Pitts just scored more goals....right Stoty???

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

This can only end one of 2 ways.

One. Detroit wins and Detroit fans get to do the "I told you so"

Two. The Pens win and Detroit fans get to trot out the excuses about injuries, officiating etc etc etc.

I don't care who wins. I haven't cheered for a team since Stevens retired from the Devils. And the last team I truly cheered for before that had a guy named Orr playing defense for them.

I'd only like to see the Pens win just because one Detroit fan on here...can't remember who :whistling: ...only see's Red and White and is a chirpy arse about it.

Nothing in sports infuriates me more then chirpy armchair arses.

GO PENS GO

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Im gonna sit tight on this one..........i hope the momentum shift can carry back into detroit.

Oh and Letang...........ease up on the goal celebration, LOL............ya almost removed crosby from the line-up LOL. Seriously though, a high five will suffice next time.

Im gonna sit tight on this one..........i hope the momentum shift can carry back into detroit.

Oh and Letang...........ease up on the goal celebration, LOL............ya almost removed crosby from the line-up LOL. Seriously though, a high five will suffice next time.

Flashbacks of last year when Radulov knocked out Arnott in the first round....this one could have been ugly.

Oh...and for the game....Detroit really dominated that one :whistling:

They look tired...hopefully its a better appearance by the wings in game 5

Nevemind seen Stamkos......seen Stoty....pretty hush this morning.

Edited by anders

Hahahahahah, you guys are killing me!

Its funny that the Pens fans didnt have too much to say when they were down 2-0, but now all of a sudden...bam!

I dont make excuses for Detroit losing, unlike a lot of Pens fans.

Detroit looked really sloppy last night, and 3 of the 4 goals, were from turn-overs. Cant argue those.

They will be a different team tomorrow night, that's for sure.

Hopefully Pavel will be back tomorrow night, and you watch what happens if so!

Keep in mind Detroit has done all this without their top scorer! Just wait till he comes back!

Try taking Malkin away from Pitts, and see how they make out.

I also love it how Crosby gets his 2nd & 3rd points in the series...and he's now the hero! LOL

He's ben invisible the whole series except for 2 periods last night, now all of a sudden he's the man.

Malkin is their whole team, Crosby might as well be up there with his roomie Mario.

Best of 3 series now, with 2 being in Detroit....I like my chances!

For all you Pens fans...I'll be away for the weekend, so try not to get your panties in a knot if I dont reply right away, like you have today.

GO WINGS GO!

I also love it how Crosby gets his 2nd & 3rd points in the series...and he's now the hero! LOL

He's ben invisible the whole series except for 2 periods last night, now all of a sudden he's the man.

Malkin is their whole team, Crosby might as well be up there with his roomie Mario.

Have to agree with that statement...poster boy for the NHL, so of course they are going to sell his stock...it will be criminal if he wins the Conn Smythe if the Pens win.

The Pens have surprised me, for sure. Didn't think Fleury had it in him. He still scares me.

Crosby has hardly been invisible. He's set up more good scoring chances than anyone. Ask Babcock. He's tying up the Wings best players and making them chase him all over. The Wings are devoting so much time to contain him he's making Malkin the most productive player in this series, on the second line nonetheless. He's made Osgood the second most productive player. He's had a ton of chances and he's set up even more. Ozzie's been pretty darn good.

The Wings are starting to argue among themselves on the ice too. I like that. Talk about whining, on every draw they were complaining to the refs. The officiating hasn't been great either way but there is no doubt but they have gotten away alot of neutral zone interference. The Versus commentators talk about it constantly.

The Pens fans may have been down after being 0-2 (just like any fan would against Detroit) but the only thing worse was the cockiness of the Wings fans. C'mon Stoty, you know this one isn't over yet. Odds still favor the Wings but it's going to be a fun ride. Few bad bounces and goals and the Pens could very well be up in this series. Barry Melrose said it best. The Pens weren't sure they had a chance, now they know they do. The Wings thought it was locked up. Now they know it's no sure thing. Attitude favors the Pens.

Sure hope the Wings get some rest. They sure need it.

In any event, the Pens aren't making a bad showing for a team that had a slim shot at the playoffs with a month left the season. Being such big underdogs in this series, the pressure is on the Wings.

Not a wings fan and I'd like to see someone else win the cup, so I'm on the Pittsburg bandwagon for this one.

Last night:

The look on Zetterburg's face after the last Pittsburg goal summed it all up. Frustration, bewilderment, disappointment !!!

Pens passing was awesome. It was making me dizzy watching from home, so I can just imagine what the Red Wings felt like.

The wings are lucky to have only allowed 4 goals. It could have been much worse.

Having said that, I think Detroit will come out strong in game 5. What happens after that is a crap shoot.