a week long trip, deep in the interior of Algonquin

Meegs

Wow Great Report!

Nothing better then cold drinks, good freinds and a couple(or dozen) great fish in the mix of an Algonquin Opener. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for taking the time to share that.

By the way What were you catching on?

I saw the one pic with the Spinner, was that your magic Bait?

Haha. Gotta love those EGBs. Certain conditions they just outperform everything else. Be sure to drop by the outfitter on Lake O as they carry the 'special' size EGB. The special size is key on certain lakes in the Park.

Ironically I know some of the Park Staff and they can't catch a fish for their life on an EGB. Too funny.

I missed my annual Algonquin trip this year, but for the past few years we've been experimenting with an assortment of spoons, hardbaits, plastics and flies. Certain conditions lend themselves to each particular lure...however, all said EGBs tend to do very well.

Man are they EXPENSIVE! Thankfully I got about 50 a few years ago, all brand-new, on EBay for $45! What a steal.

Thanks for the pics. I've paddled that area several times and always do well on the specks and lakers.

p.s. I know Algonquin lakers are on the thinner side but it looks like this past winter was pretty rough on some of them. they look pretty skinny.

Haha. Gotta love those EGBs. Certain conditions they just outperform everything else. Be sure to drop by the outfitter on Lake O as they carry the 'special' size EGB. The special size is key on certain lakes in the Park.

Ironically I know some of the Park Staff and they can't catch a fish for their life on an EGB. Too funny.

I missed my annual Algonquin trip this year, but for the past few years we've been experimenting with an assortment of spoons, hardbaits, plastics and flies. Certain conditions lend themselves to each particular lure...however, all said EGBs tend to do very well.

Man are they EXPENSIVE! Thankfully I got about 50 a few years ago, all brand-new, on EBay for $45! What a steal.

Thanks for the pics. I've paddled that area several times and always do well on the specks and lakers.

p.s. I know Algonquin lakers are on the thinner side but it looks like this past winter was pretty rough on some of them. they look pretty skinny.

where is theis outfitter on lake O you speak of? i know the special size your talking about and there impossible to find anywhere, bought afew a couple years ago but they are all swimming with the fishy's now.

we definately noticed a size difference with the lakers this year, not the plumper ones from years past for this lake, TONNES of baitfish and feed around, most lakers we cleaned had 4 - 6 4" perch in there bellies.

• 2 months later...