....Another "1st Time" Fish!! :D Whoooooooooo!!

rbaquial

Hahahaha....Hey OFC'ers....

So, I decided to go fishing today with a buddy that lives nearby to me. We thought we would hit an inland bay that has been known to hold some pike. We arrive there at around 10am, and immediately started fishing.... worked several areas for a couple hours each..... a few follows and bumps.... but just like the real men in this world.... the word "COMMITMENT" was just too much... and they swam off!! LoL..... Arghhhhhhhhhh!! :wallbash:

After fishing for a good 4-5hrs searching the waters.... we decided to go back to the original place where we had follows.... FINALLY A REAL MAN COMMITS!! :D

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHHHHHHHHH ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!! Whooooooooooooooo!!! Man, my adrenaline was PUMPING!! MY 1ST PIKE EVER!! Here's the pic!

1stPikeEverCaught2.jpg

Then fished the same general area... finally developed a pattern. Slow Retrieves... with occasional 'Jerk'. 30min later... I hook into my 2nd pike! WOW! ME'S ON FIYAH!

Here he is.... LoL... As you can tell by the expression on my face... I was a lil' dissapointed with the size on this one. Hahaha! Oh well! .... "A Fish is a Fish is a Fish"....Right? Here's the pic....

2ndPikeEverCaught.jpg

Wow! That was a lot of fun.... I caught 'em on a 6'6" MH Fenwick GT Baitcast Rod + Daiwa Tierra Baitcast 6.3:1 Ratio.

Today's weapon of choice... Dave Mercer's "Mercer Magic"!! (THANKS DAVE!!)

MercersMagicXRAP.jpg

I guess since I'm on the topic of "1st Fish".... A couple weekends ago on opener weekend @ Rice Lake.... I went fishing for some Crappies.... Didn't catch anything all day.... The next morning... we were scheduled to leave a round 11am.... I decided to toss a few casts to wash some of the "debris" off it.....Literally, after about 15min of trying to wash the lures (literally)... I hook into my 1st Walleye Ever!! Here's the picture of that fish....

1stPickerelCaughtRiceLakeApr2509.jpg

Quickly took her out of the water... took a fast picture, and returned it right away. Swam away nicely....

Then about 30min before we were scheduled to leave... My future father-in-law decided to go fishing for awhile... I decide to go down with him to the docks and maybe this time try catching something.... for about 2hrs or so... noting.....Then! I hook into another OOS fish! Dohh! 1st Smallmouth of the season! Not bad!

SMBassRiceLakewithRogerApr2509_A.jpg

Quickly nabbed her by the mouth... Fast picture... and off she went.... no problems....

Its definitely a good sign for 2009! :D All of my fish so far this season have been of decent weight!!! :D

I also finally got my waders in today from LLBEAN.COM! :D SOOO EXCITED!! :D Hopefully next week I will be able to go Steelhead Fishing and post another report:D

LLBeanWaders-Emerger.jpg

Now I just need to get a good pair of Wading Boots... and I'm set to go! :D

Anyway, that's my report! :D

OH! PS: Anton - I finally landed a Pike... and it only took me 1 season and in 2 attemps! :D hehe....

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

Thanks Guys....

Well, considering it was my 1st Pike... and the circumstances of where we were standing... I didn't have much balance... So, I really couldn't hold it properly. I'll hopefully get a better chance at practicing the proper "Grip" on a Pike; When I catch more! :D

As for the OOS fish.... I wasn't targeting them, I was literally out to clean some debris that was on it from the previous night that wasn't properly removed...Also, I rarely ever keep my fish from any lake... It's mostly from an Ocean. (The odd time I'll keep a lake fish; depending if its in season or not; obviously). OOS fish, I ALWAYS return it... I don't EVER want to be caught keeping an OOS fish and risk getting my gear confiscated. Eff' that idea!! ..."Mama didn't raise no stupid boy!"....

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

awsome report man. Congrat on your first pike. Hope you dont hear to much greaf on here for posting the OOS bass and walleye. Good you released them tho. Goodluck on the water

Bass season must be approaching. Good to see you posting again. Can't wait for your big hog reports we are so used to.

for a first pike that fish has some decent length, nicely done!

LoL!! Yeah... its a good thing I caught them in that order... haha

I wouldn't be too happy with the smaller one as my "1st"....

we always wanna remember our "1st"..........FISH! GUYs.... FISH!! LOL (sick minds!)

Nice report and well done. Those Toronto area pike have eluded me for years. I second that most unorthodox pike hold sentiment; almost looks like some kind of magic trick, like you're levitating it or something. Congrats.

Congrats on getting your first pike and walleye! :thumbsup_anim:

Interesting hold on the pike...For a few moments I thought you had fingers with superhuman gecko-like adhesion.

Great report and pics Addikted2Fishin :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations on your first pike and eye :clapping: Beauties!!!

It's the greatest feeling of all to be able to land a fish of any species for the first time.... Memories of a life time!!

Thanks for sharing your time on the water with us and again great job!!

Leechman

Congratulations! Great start to the season this year for you...trout, pike, walleye......I can still very clearly remember each of my firsts. Congrats again and I am looking forward to seeing your progress this season :)

As for the OOS fish.... I wasn't targeting them, I was literally out to clean some debris that was on it from the previous night that wasn't properly removed

somehow I dont think a CO would buy that story .. but hey nice pike (I would delete the eye and bass pic but hey thats just me)

Pike are fun. They are on fire down my way. I'm always giddy when I get one, as I am sure you were as well. I don't think your pike was too small, you just have to hold it closer to camera like everyone else to make it big ;)

Nice other species as well. That eye looks like a good size, especially for being a fluke catch. Good to see no fish or fishermen were injured in this report. I too thought you were lipping the first pic.

somehow I dont think a CO would buy that story .. but hey nice pike (I would delete the eye and bass pic but hey thats just me)

Well, I certainly wasn't out to target them... its not like any fisherman can 100% control what fish eats what! :P

Plus, I was also out to toss a few casts...

Thanks tho man...

Yeah... I also forgot to mention.... I've got a few cuts/scrapes on my left ring finger... somehow I got a cut when I put my hand on the inside of his gills (obviously, trying not to touch the red parts) HAHAHa... I would NEVER try and lip that thing! ITS MEAAAAAAAAAAAN LOOKING!