Thanks OFN'ers

Dave Mercer

Hi All,

I am down in Arkansas right now but I wanted to post a quick note to say thanks to all of you that came out to a Facts of Fishing Live event last week. It was awesome we were blowen away with the huge crowds and are already in the planning stages of a bigger and better tour for next year. Once again thanks and I hope to be in a city near all of you next year!

Dave Mercer

Well Dave, you know Ontario is pretty big and I was a bit surprised that you only did the Southern Ontario portion, so next round how about coming to the great northwest.

Dryden is relatively close to those who fish Eagle Lake, Wabigoon, Lac Seul Red Lake area lakes. Kenora would be ideal for those who do the Lake of the Woods.

Give us the opportunity to take in the show

Thanks

Dave My daughter and I had a blast at teh Sarnia show I just hope that you guys can make it to the Belle River area next year so that the people in the Windsor area dont feel left out.

Either way I will make it out again it was a blast and Shame on anyone who did not get out if you lived close by you missed some good times.

Cheers Mike

Well Dave, you know Ontario is pretty big and I was a bit surprised that you only did the Southern Ontario portion, so next round how about coming to the great northwest.

Dryden is relatively close to those who fish Eagle Lake, Wabigoon, Lac Seul Red Lake area lakes. Kenora would be ideal for those who do the Lake of the Woods.

Give us the opportunity to take in the show

Thanks

Being a Drydenite i could not have put it better myself grt1 B)

I don't know if it would help, but I don't think it would hurt to talk to your local Subway franchises. They are the ones who are putting up the marketing dollars and food to bring this great information/entertainment format show together for you. Supporting the businesses that support our sport is something we all need to do. I know I've eaten at Subway more in the past few weeks than I normally would because of the show series.

Let them know it is something you want in your area and you will be increasing your odds I bet of the series being near you next year and of course the positive feedback also helps Dave.

I know I've eaten at Subway more in the past few weeks than I normally would because of the show series.

How much wieght have you lost Charles?????????????Dave seems to be a bit thinner.LOL

Barrie would be a local.

So tell me,how do I go about asking them,Subway that is? Do I contact the head office,as we all know,these are just franchises.This is money out of thier own pocket,or does head office compensate them?

Hope alls well with you and the family and ,GREAT JOB DAVE, ON THE SHOW.

not to sound like a suck up but I have a huge amount of respect for Dave now. Not only does he do these great events (to bad they were not closer for me), has a well done show but come on to this board all the time and posts. A post like this one saying thanks is huge in my eyes. To me it just shows how much Dave cares for the sport, the fans and community. CHEERS Dave.

Oh and JP too...

How much wieght have you lost Charles?????????????Dave seems to be a bit thinner.LOL

Barrie would be a local.

So tell me,how do I go about asking them,Subway that is? Do I contact the head office,as we all know,these are just franchises.This is money out of thier own pocket,or does head office compensate them?

Hope alls well with you and the family and ,GREAT JOB DAVE, ON THE SHOW.

I'm doing the opposite of losing weight, what's that called again? Oh ya, getting FAT. :) I tell people I need the buddha belly to help hold up the baby when I'm multi-tasking.

I'm guessing the franchisees as an association in the area pool their marketing to put it together in their local area. If the money was from the head office, would it not make sense to spread them out?

I'd do whatever from just going in to the local Subway and chatting about it with the local staff/ownership to emailing their contacts from the website if you really want one in Barrie. One email might get lost in the crowd, but get a handful and suddenly you are on to something.

Dave has lost the weight that I found. Damn those scientists and their law of conservation of mass! lol

From what I had heard the reason that they were done in the areas is that it was the SW Ontario Sub Ways that put it on the $$$ came from the local Sub Way shops so I would think that we just need to contact the local owners and tell them that you have head about these shows maybe send the link to OFC and let them know how much you would love to see a show in your area?

From what I had heard the reason that they were done in the areas is that it was the SW Ontario Sub Ways that put it on the $$ came from the local Sub Way shops so I would think that we just need to contact the local owners and tell them that you have head about these shows maybe send the link to OFC and let them know how much you would love to see a show in your area?

I believe you are correct, that's why they were in SW Ontario, and remember.. I think this was a test run that was VERY successful.

It was an awesome ride - I met a ton of great fishing freaks like myself, and no matter how much I see Dave spending time with kids it always puts a smile on my face. He spends time with each and every fan, but always gives the kids a little extra. My own daughter is a huge fan of Dave, and the show, so I can really appreciate what he does for them as a new (ish) dad.

I doubt my wife will agree, but I'd love to spend more time on the road, meeting more fishing fans next time around! Thanks to the awesome folks at Subway, as well as to Dave's other sponsors, he's able to share his knowledge with the world, and sometimes just plain out entertain.

Cheers,

Ryan

I've saw 2 of your shows Dave in the past 2 months. I can say your doing it right, making fishing FUN. JP Derose & Paul Powis also did a super job. Spiel and myself went and met up with TJ & wife with a few other OFC'ers we had a great time after.

Thanks for a fun night Dave. Hope to see you on the water.

One thing I did learn, never leave shore without a minnow bucket :D

Edited by Fish Farmer