NEW PB

kemper

Check it out boys and gals

my new PB.

It was OOS AND I SNAGGED IT! :o

lamprey.jpg

wouldnt want to give away my secret spot either!

rest easy, not only did I snag it but i also dispatched it slowly and painfully

buggers

On a serious note, I actually snagged this thing right off a trout. Float went down, I yanked on it and thought i was snagged but it was pulling ever so slightly. After a few second of pinging the line this ugly bugger came out at me!

Quick question. Why does someone who posted a picture of a pike a few weeks ago with some dirt on it get flamed for improper / imperfect handling, but no condescending remarks about treating another creature of the water (this one) like dirt? Because they look ugly? Sure they're an invasive species but shouldn't they be treated with a bit of respect? It's like when humans say one species / race is more superior to others. I think all fish should be respected and treated equally.

Not to say I haven't been guilty of flinging a sunfish or not handling it with care, and I'm not criticizing anyone here, and Kemper I'm not criticizing you on how you handled it either, and hope it's not taken that way, just wondering what gives. Does a rarer catch like a muskie deserve to be so holy, with ppl getting flamed the hell out of if it hasn't been treated like a queen in a picture? All fish should be treated equally in my book (ideally).

Hope I don't get flamed for this, not my intention to stir the pot just interested to know why certain fish are the second coming of the messiah, while others are hell spawn. Just looks? How rare they are? Eels from what I've heard are quite tasty btw!

I'm not saying don't kill them, but don't let them suffer either! Takem out with a quick blow :)

Edited by Bass Killer

Just curious why you guys kill them. I'm not a tree hugger or anything and couldn't care less, just wondering. Do they harm the fishery?

They are very harmful and I believe you are supposed to kill them. It was a rule at one point but not sure if it is still.

Quick question. Why does someone who posted a picture of a pike a few weeks ago with some dirt on it get flamed for improper / imperfect handling, but no condescending remarks about treating another creature of the water (this one) like dirt? Because they look ugly? Sure they're an invasive species but shouldn't they be treated with a bit of respect? It's like when humans say one species / race is more superior to others. I think all fish should be respected and treated equally.

Not to say I haven't been guilty of flinging a sunfish or not handling it with care, and I'm not criticizing anyone here, and Kemper I'm not criticizing you on how you handled it either, and hope it's not taken that way, just wondering what gives. Does a rarer catch like a muskie deserve to be so holy, with ppl getting flamed the hell out of if it hasn't been treated like a queen in a picture? All fish should be treated equally in my book (ideally).

Hope I don't get flamed for this, not my intention to stir the pot just interested to know why certain fish are the second coming of the messiah, while others are hell spawn. Just looks? How rare they are? Eels from what I've heard are quite tasty btw!

Lake eels perhaps, but lampreys???

Alot of your resource dollars go to killing them. They are like the cormorants of the fish world.