Three days of trib fishing

Joeytier

From a fishing standpoint, this has probably been my best March break ever. I made it out Monday, Wednesday, yesterday, today, and hopefully Sunday. The last 3 days have been particularly good.

Even though there has been no precipitation in the last week or so (at least), the creeks have been at very nice levels consistently all week due to snow melt. Only today were the tribs starting to get a bit lower. Lots of fish were caught in runs that you'd never see fish in with lower water levels.

Every fish I caught was using roe, but my dad got a fair number of fish on pink worms, and orange worms even popped a few fish.

On Thursday I landed a PB, and then today managed to top that. B) It's been a good few days, and my best spring for steelheading thus far.

We decided to keep a hen, since we really needed roe. I don't mind buying roe in order to avoid keeping fish, but all the stores only had salmon roe left, so we kept a big hen.

Lots of muskrats on this stream.

IMG_0141.jpg

A few average fish from the past few days.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

This was my first personal best. A nice hen pushing 7 lbs.

IMG_0138.jpg

I then topped it with this big male between 8 and 9 lbs.

IMG_0147.jpg

A few fish my dad landed this morning.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

A few more that I landed.

IMG_0143.jpg

We decided to keep this chubby hen.

IMG_0144.jpg

I hit up a trib with nicer water levels on the way back, and scored this nice male in a fast pool. This little guy gave me the best fight of the day.

IMG_0148.jpg

Also got to meet Kemper and MJL on the tribs Thursday, which was nice.

Congrats on the new PB! All of those fish are stunning. I caught my PB condom from that stretch yesterday - Unfortunately nothing else was landed (at least nothing I wanted to touch).

Edited by MJL

If this river hadn't already been posted multiple times on this board, I wouldn't have posted these pictures, but it's not like it's a secret any longer. Also...

Way to gill rake everyone of those fish

Do you think we're harming the fish by holding them like that? We weren't coming in contact with the gills themselves, just grabbing underneath the gill plate.

buddy if it werent for your posting this then every thing would be ok. I seen a burst of posts right after this posting. THANKS ALOT...... It wasnt posted multiple times untill this post came up. Look for yourself the posts on this river would be all after this one post, also i seen a few posts of people on this board that never even fished that river. Eg (sivo, No offence silvo... but he never fished that river until just a couple of weeks ago i saw his first post on this river. Believe me buddy, you blew it. You increased the popularity on this river, dont deny it, the background should have been blurred. Dont try to defend yourself, the damage is done