Whats up with the Habs

holdfast

Dont want to sound racist, but in my opinion....Too much Quebec influence.

Front office mostly French, coach is/was French, they want more players from Quebec. Not that its a bad thing but other teams have a multi cultural mix.

So why do the Habs think they have to have more French players? :dunno:

Dont want to sound racist, but in my opinion....Too much Quebec influence.

Front office mostly French, coach is/was French, they want more players from Quebec. Not that its a bad thing but other teams have a multi cultural mix.

So why do the Habs think they have to have more French players? :dunno:

Are you serious??? Have a look at their roster, more Europeans and Americans than anything. Koivu, Kovalev, Hamerlik, Lang, Kosteatsyn bros...

I don't know if they think they need more french players but they need a little size up front and if their name is Jean Guy who cares as long as they can hit and have a bit of skill.

First off, who cares what is happening to the Habs,I would rather watch grass grow or paint dry and wouldnt go to a Habs game even if it was free in a box; cant stand them personally...now if you are talking the Anaheim Ducks or even the Leafs, thats different.....!

simple reason as to why theyre choking... the goalie that carried them got hurt, and has no confidence left, which leads to inconsistency. they lost a couple guys to injury. but most importantly, they dont play as a team. they have a ton of skill, but no desire to play together to win games. they need to check the egos at the door, and play as a team

I saw a funny in the Sun last year that showed a Leaf fan handing a Senators fan his psychiatrist's business card. I thought it was pretty funny. Looks like he could be busy with all of East Central Canada's hockey fans with the odd flight to Edmonton. lol.

I hope they turn it around. As a Leafs fan I am suppose to hate them but everytime I go to a habs Leafs game in Montreal I have a great time in a great building with great fans. Teasing back and forth and all in good fun. Every time I have left a Leafs-Habs game in Montreal I end up shaking the peoples hands in the seats around me and they always wish me a safe drive home.

It is a great place to see a hockey game. They (like us) deserve a winner. Although it is genetically embedded in me to hate them. LOL.

I can't believe I just said that. I am going to go wash my mouth out with soap.

I am still craving for a Leafs-Habs play-off series. Would have been for the stanley cup if it wasn't for that lousy Kerry Fraser. We would of thumped them that year as well, could have been epic.

Are you serious??? Have a look at their roster, more Europeans and Americans than anything. Koivu, Kovalev, Hamerlik, Lang, Kosteatsyn bros...

I don't know if they think they need more french players but they need a little size up front and if their name is Jean Guy who cares as long as they can hit and have a bit of skill.

I think a Stanley Cup means nothing to most of the players. The priority is to cross the pond as soon as possible and be with their families. Yup no size up front, A captain that is there only as a figure head. Nobody to fire then up. Cowering to the more aggressive teams. A Goalie that's totally lost confidence in himself and defenseman that let the opposition have their way in the crease. Nobody that can hit except Komerserik. Nobody that knows how to hit. They'd rather yap, than physically come to the aid of a team mate. In one case, one player would rather go to the league and cry harassment then being a man and fending for himself. All in All, a bunch of Wussies, that should go back and learn to play hockey in the Western and American leagues. Last but not least, terrible drafts and trades. To much politics on the team now. Unfortunately they do not have the first and soul picks of Quebec players anymore.

K' here's all you need to know....

Carbonneau was fired because he tried to take that pride of the team that ran through that locker room for a hundred years with mostly boys from rural Quebec, that this was life...and instill it into paycheck players from overseas..can't do it.

the ghost of the Rocket and presence of Jean Beliveau run through the veins of most Habs fans...but I think these boys must have heard the fish were bitin back in Russia and bait goes on sale the end of March.

And I'm a Sens Fan. (still a Canadian though)

Bushart

I am still craving for a Leafs-Habs play-off series. Would have been for the stanley cup if it wasn't for that lousy Kerry Fraser. We would of thumped them that year as well, could have been epic.

totally agree!!! the leafs were definitely the better team that year... i was only 8 or 9 years old at the time... but that would have been the most epic stanley cup final in history! and the leafs would have won it too... unbelievable!!!

The Canadian east has gotta be the toughest place to live up to fan expectations. Combine hockey history & Canuck pride in the game and you've got extreme pressure. Factor in the Quebecois heritage thang and you've got near impossibility. Nothing less than a Cup will satisfy the fans in our eastern markets. Pity the Habs who gotta do it while including a lot of french sounding names on the roster. Nothing short of a Cup will make all things right with the world in Toronto, Montreal or even Ottawa (just cuz they live too close).

JF

First off, who cares what is happening to the Habs,I would rather watch grass grow or paint dry and wouldnt go to a Habs game even if it was free in a box; cant stand them personally...now if you are talking the Anaheim Ducks or even the Leafs, thats different.....!

You like talking about 2 other teams that are going to miss the playoffs?

Lmao...dirk

WOW

This is whats up.........i was at the game, and even the habs fans in the seat next to me put their hands to their mouths and went "oh ho ho ho hoooooo" TV broadcast didnt do this hit justice. It crashed thru the ears of every fan, AND every player on the montreal bench apparently. Because it seemed to have put their tails between their legs for the remainder of the night.

I couldnt believe gaustad or any other sabre skated the rest of the night unmolested. And i mean flabbergasted. Their was NO response to this hit. Kovalev got up, looked at the ref like........hey, what was that all about. Thats the NHL Alexi. He may as well have went to the dressing room for the night. He and the rest of the team were done based on this one hit??? Sabres went on to a 5-1 win, untouched, with ZERO response to this bone crusher to their star player. I was amazed..........the habs group next to us, didnt seem to be so amazed lol. That says alot.

As a sidenote, i agree for the most part that its fun when the habs come to town (buffalo). As someone said earlier, at the end of the game, i too actually shook hands with the habs group next to us, we talked during the game, and i even gave him a high five when they got their one goal........i told them they deserve at least one reason to cheer for the drive (they were from toronto so they werent really true habs representation) I also watched a pair of habs jerseys walking out of their seats trying to pick a fight with every guy in a seat........literally, throwing beer as they left. Good times!

First off, they should have fired the GM and the coach. Gainey has made too many goofs and let too many players walk and get nothing in return. Team has lost all its heart and needs someone to grab them by the scruffs of their necks and get them going again. A Mark Messier type guy. As for the goaltending, the team gives up way too many shots and noone gets physical in front of the net and Price lost his confidence. Price will be fine but when he got back from his injury, they should have sent him down to Hamilton for a conditioning stint instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Still cheer for them though and always will. At least with the Habs there is a flicker of a future where as the Leafs, their flicker was gone in about 1968! LOL

And in 93, the Habs would have swept the Leafs in 4. Roy would have outshone Potvin by a wide margin. And the non-call on Gretzky in 93 was sweet justice for the Kings and couldn't have happened to a better guy than Gilmour as he the year before broke Sandstrom's arm with a cowardly slash from behind as Sandstrom was skating up the ice. Gilmour was not penalized nor suspended for his slash.

Edited by JohnAB

It's Price. The guy got hurt back around christmas, came back and tweaked something in practice - didn't tell the trainers and played that nights game anyway and played amazing. Then he went back on IR and hasn't been the same since.

They are playing him too much because of the pressure in Montreal - all the hype about him and the centennial year, etc, etc. To go into the playoffs with him not up to snuff could seriously hurt the kids career. They are trying to get him back into form by playing him through it but it's costing games. Back-to-back games and he'll lose the first one, and play the 2nd as well. That's not how you get out of a slump.

Halak has played amazing when he gets a game, they usually come out with a win... but he rarely gets the start. The same thing happened a couple years ago when they missed the playoffs. Halak was the rookie backup, Huet was the starter but got hurt. Halak's play down the stretch saved the season until the last game of the year. Huet came back cold and got the start for that one game because of who he was, not how he played... and lost. A win would have given them the 8th seed.

Gainey is an awesome GM. He basically made the Dallas Stars what they are today... got them the cup in '99 and lost in the finals in 2000. But firing Carbo was a not-so-good move.

WOW

[/quote

They above example would of never been unabated during Sammy Pollocks tenure as general manager

They better Trade Bouillon, Kostopoulos, Komisarek, and Price before they end up playing like they're in the Quebec or Swedish Pussy leagues. The rest of the players can go back to their Homelands as far as I'm concerned. Its going to be a few years before this pussy no hitting and fighting that's started to infiltrate from Quebec which is spreading outwards will take a few years before the Habs can be competitive with their shimmy type hockey. By the way, unlike a lot of people especially the do good er media, I think our ( Canadian) style of Hockey is good the way it used to be. I hate it when Politicians and media always got to say that everybody else is better than us and give us some stupid European example. Nothing wrong with the way we were brought up before the Sensitive 80s.

I would absolutely be disgustingly embarrassed to be a Canadians fan. The Habs Logo means absolute Cowardice to me. I would not be caught dead flying their pennant or license plate.