Kijiji scam

mistaredone

I have been on all the classifieds looking for a used boat and two weeks ago a came across a boat that seemed too good to be true. I got a reply to my email that seemed scripted and the more questions I asked the more pressure sales and red flags went up so I let it go. Now just a few minuests ago I recieved the exact same email on another boat that seemed too good to be true.

Price: 4000CAD.

First of all, please DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

I am from Orlando, Florida.

This is the second time I tried to sell the boat. First time I tried eBay.

Because I always use 100% safe methods, I've sent the boat through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska.

I paid all the shipping fees from my pocket and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because they didn't have the full amount available.

Now I have the boat in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.

If you want to purchase it and only if you are a serious buyer then send me your complete name and address for shipping.

The delivery time will be only 3 days and the boat will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.

Im not sure how this scam works but heads up to anyone who might run in to this.

Steve.

Edited by mistaredone

There was a similar boat (same boat?) a 98 ranger for just under 4000 on craigslist. it sounds like the same boat. i think it is a scam that is too good to be true. that boat would have fetched mid to high teens, and he was listing for just under 4K and when i contacted him, he said that the boat was being held by a holding company approved by ebay...yaddy yaddy yaddy. beware.

i think it's a scam for sure.

here's the link.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/boa/1061564792.html

Edited by goteeboy

I've also seen these $4000 ads.

I even asked how payments were made and they replied through ebay. They said Ebay will hold the payment until the boat is delivered.

Then I asked ebay about that they said they DO NOT deal with the money and cannot hold any payments. Once you pay they get the money and you'll never see the boat.

Hope no one gets scammed.

Yeah, it's almost a waste of time sorting through the junk and scams on kijiji lately, the other night there were more than 15 scam adds in NORTH BAY of all places. They are all very obvious because the address is something like ****,**** or ####,####.

eBay isn't too bad if you use Paypal, the sellers are legally responsible for what is written in the ad and if anything is false then Paypal will take care of it.

It's beyond me why people even bother to reply to any of these scam adds and then yell the sky is falling when things look fishy. Be smart, if it looks like a scam, it probably is.

The problem is these scams target people with lower budgets who are trying to get the most for thier money. When a good deal comes up you need to jump and some trusting people get taken.

I don't have to worry about scams. soon I can pay full price for everything as, Princess Naomi Kamara of Nigeria is sending me 7.5 million bucks and all I need to do is spend 5000 bucks to get it...cool can't wait till it gets here, then spend spend spend

I replied to that Fisher boat ad on kijiji assuming it was a fake. When the guy e-mailed me with the crazy scheme he said the boat was in Alaska or something blah,blah.

I e-mailed back saying he was an ASS and to get a life.

Reported the ad to kijiji and got a reply saying they would take it down.

Saw it again 2-3 days later, reported again.

And the saga continues......

I don't have to worry about scams. soon I can pay full price for everything as, Princess Naomi Kamara of Nigeria is sending me 7.5 million bucks and all I need to do is spend 5000 bucks to get it...cool can't wait till it gets here, then spend spend spend

Ha.... Princess Naomi Kamara of Nigeria... he promised me the same, so far all i got is more emails from his family, cousins and countryman... i guess money get lost somewhere in mail....

u see lots of ads like that. boats, cars, utility vehicles,. pets. they ask for payment, and u never see the animal, OR they say its free but u have to send so much money to ship it and again, never see it. my gf seen one for a dog for half the price they usually sell for, so she emailed and they said they are in some 3rd world country on a christian save the world mission or some crap and they will ship the dog once they get payment. so i jumped in and told her it was a scam. they said they had a flight lined up and all the crap. so i told her to email them back and say ok, u have the money, proceed with the shipping and give her all the info as far as flight # and terminal # and that so we could verify it with the airport. email we got back was hilarious, told us no they couldnt do that, and were very rude and demanded we send the money rite away. very poor spelling and grammer. but the first email was very well written and just too perfect.

i replied with a HAHAHA and some choice words for them, flagged them and posted an AD warning other of this scam. they still show up and sad thing is, ppl actually fall for it sometimes

ya I replied and got the same Bull ebay holding, only if your serious, alaska, bla bla bla. I'll have to admit when I saw the ad I'm like honey come check this out the boat I want that cost 20,000 grand, I can get for 4000, she's like jump on it, I'm like ya...........................what a joke and waste of time. Like they say there is a sucker every minute. Glad I never fell for that one.