I want to down load some music

Big Cliff

We are having a bit of a party tonight and the theam is Mexican, I would like to down load some Mexican music. I looked at Lime Wire but they want you to pay for a membership, heck, I only want a few songs. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yeah, I could use that info too please. I need to pick up an MP3 player today. J will be in the hospital soon getting knee replacement and they suggested that she use an MP3 player to listen to tunes so as not to hear the sound of saws and such going through her bones.

Cliff, you and Sue go easy on the fajitas and have a great time! :thumbsup_anim:

We are having a bit of a party tonight and the theam is Mexican, I would like to down load some Mexican music. I looked at Lime Wire but they want you to pay for a membership, heck, I only want a few songs. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Get some tequila into everybody and they will be doing the chicken dance to whatever you play :whistling:

I have been using Limewire for years Cliff....no problems so far.

winmx is still around----some files wont play for some reason but there are usually enough other files of the same tune that you'll get one to play on the puter. they check the download for content but wouldnt hurt to scan with an antivirus just in case.

Make sure when using Limewire to look to the right side...make sure there is a number under "bitrate". (Don't download anything under 128kb/s). The files can be called songname.mp3, but can actually be malicious files. The bitrate tells you they are actual music files.

Thank you so much for all the help! ccmt, thank you so much for the PMs and the phone call, that really helped. I now have what I need, the decorations are in place, the food is cooking, the music is playing..... Feels, looks, and smells just like I'm in Tijuana. Now if I could only find my speedo :whistling:

Thanks again everyone.

whatever u use, I highly suggest you have some antivirus installed prior to downloading anything from peer 2 peer networks (remember you are downloading from other people's computers here). Be very careful of what you download as well, if you're new to using P2P networks like limewire, than definitely stay within your limits of knowledge, stick with mp3s and don't download any suspicious files.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i download torrent downloading. once you start using it, you'll never use limewire again.

download a simple torrent program like utorrent, visit a site like mininova.org to find what you want, and download.

as the guys suggested earlier, pay attention to what you're downloading.

Guest skeeter99

please do yourself a favour and stay away from limewire, too many viruses

but a good one is the blubster free, practically virus free!!

anyhow

this thread make me laugh cause I posted maps and got in trouble for copyrighted material?

and here mods etc. are looking for sites to download copyrighted material

so it's not okay to share copyrighted maps but not music?

just a observation

and here mods etc. are looking for sites to download copyrighted material

You're right 99, that was clumsily worded. Yesterday morning I got out and got her an IPOD and was able to figure out how to put her favourite CDs on there. Anyhow, you have a great day Bubba.