Feb 17th

jwl

Got out for a couple hours on the big river again today with a good buddy of mine in my boat...

We didn't get in the water until about 12:30..he had the first fish in the boat at 12:39 :thumbsup_anim: , not bad :lol: . Sometimes we don't know how to take that though..is it going to be a banner day..or did we just get jynxed.????

It took over an hour of expereimenting and working a quiet spot until I broke the ice with this hen

355196962.jpg

got her back in the water and straightened the boat back out to continue the tail end of the same drift..I got this little premmie....soon as he got in the boat..asks me..hey...got milt? :o:lol:

355196960.jpg

We broke down the area, I found the hot bait, and it was funny becasue the rest of the fish where pretty much in order...boy. girl..boy..girl kind of thing. This may be a great sign of things to come!!!

355196965.jpg

355196967.jpg

355197005.jpg

355196964.jpg

I only wish we had a bit more time today...we fished just over 3 hours and went 7 for 9, my buddy was a bit bummed that 6 of those 7 where mine...kept bumming he couldn't fish becasue he had to keep bringing in his line to net my fish and get a pic for me :lol:

was fun for me :w00t:

Edited by jwl

great report Jack. sounds like a wickid day on that soft stuff, i think my buddy Rob (stylincatch) can relate to being the net man! hahaha I'm sure your pal had a great day just gettin out with ya, and he didnt get skunked either! keep the nice bows comin! the tournament aside i hope the hell ya catch a 36 incher by the end of the season!

Matt!

Sucks being your buddy......LOL.

Kinda weird seeing softwater reports though........don't you icefish at all??

Sinker

I occasionally ice fish at my trailer for pike and walleye, didn't get the chance this year though..as for the most part..I find myslef hard pressed to go and catch a few dinky perch through the ice when I can hit the river in the boat or from shore and catch fish like that every time out :dunno::lol:

great report Jack. sounds like a wickid day on that soft stuff, i think my buddy Rob (stylincatch) can relate to being the net man! hahaha I'm sure your pal had a great day just gettin out with ya, and he didnt get skunked either! keep the nice bows comin! the tournament aside i hope the hell ya catch a 36 incher by the end of the season!

Matt!

already got one pretty much that big this season..but in November :dunno: