Jeep went through in Innisfil

Cudz

My buddy just called as he watched a jeep go through the ice.

He was first on the scene and all the guys got out albeit a bit wet and cold.

They were from Indiana. My buddy (on his argo) made sure they were fine. They were a bit freaked out obviously.

I will post more when I get the details. THe jeep apparently did not sink completely

First, glad the guys are OK! Second, I asked my insurance agent that very question and was told "There is no stupidity clause in your policy, you are insured for ALL perils"! Now, I have never personally tested that out......

Sorry Big Cliff I can't leave this one alone...

Is that "no stupidity clause" specific to you? :whistling: How does ones insurance company deem a client worthy of such a clause? Is it one big dumb thing or is it a bunch of little ones? I wonder if that's in the small print on my own policy?

That's all I got for now, glad you (or I) haven't needed it. :thumbsup_anim:

Depends on your insurance company. Some will, some don't.

If you are going to drive on the ice you should always check with several local folks that go on the lake themselves. Know the waterway and it's nuances. Currents from creeks and rivers after rains and mild spells erode ice thickness quickly. Pressure cracks seem to form up here when it's cold and the ice is expanding. Fissures can form during mild spells.

My broker friend confirmed ths is true...

First, glad the guys are OK! Second, I asked my insurance agent that very question and was told "There is no stupidity clause in your policy, you are insured for ALL perils"! Now, I have never personally tested that out......