i found out why my wife lets me spend on fishing

lunkerbasshunter

That's nuts, no wonder they are folding like a cheap suit across the states...Any time the gf comment about my fishing gear i just tell her, "I could be a drug addict, instead I enjoy fishing. If you want I could sell all my gear and try crack or crystal meth." She just rolls her eyes and doesn't say anything :lol:

still 15,000 plus locations world wide .

900 closures had a lot to do with some bad location choices .Growing too fast at 1200 plus new locations a year in US alone.

The US economy in particular has bashed many a company .

Still on a strong growth curve here in Canada ...keeps me in Rods and reels :thumbsup_anim:

TB

i often wonder if i am selfish for spending thousands a year on my passion for fishing.....that all ends today!!!!!

My wife wanted a fu fu coffee drink from star bucks so off i went the good hubby getting her a fu fu drink.

$4.15 later what the hell. I casually ask her how many of these she has and she tells me a couple a day lol do the math it may be more then what i spend on fishing lol

I will never feel guilty again!!!!!!

Cheers!

thats 224 a month. Sounds like a boat payment to me :canadian:

$ 224.00 a month an in the end she has nothing to show for it ....... :wallbash::wallbash:

If you spent that on a rod and reel at least at the end of the month you would still have a new rod and reel.... :clapping::clapping:B)

If she's admitting to a couple of these a day, you can bet it's usually more.

I think you can easily up that total to $300+.

..........and don't forget to add the cost of fuel if she has to drive there. +$+$+$+$+$..........

I don't get it !!! :wallbash: Is it really this easy to get people to part with their money ? :dunno:

Starbucks is just crazy man, i used to take my gf there and 2 drinks were never less then 10 bucks and i remember thinking, i can buy 2 lures for this much but never really said anything to her lol.

1.50 for a large coffee sounds affordable and timms makes good coffee

Anyone who has been suckered into thinking Starbucks' drinks are actually worth the price they charge needs to give their head a shake. Hard.

I can only remember ever having Starbucks' one time. A guy at a job site did a coffee run and came back with some sort of pumpkin something latte/coffee. See, I don't even know what it was other than if you throw enough words into the name and confuse ppl you can charge more! I don't even remember if it was decent, just that I was like, "what the heck is this?" when it was handed to me.

Sorry to bring the discussion back to wives, as long as my better half thinks my $180 rod & reel was bought for $40 :whistling: she's okay with it. Rule of thumb here is what she doesn't know is not gonna hurt her, and what I don't know about how much she spends on shoes, dresses, & what-not ain't hurting me! :thumbsup_anim: It's mutual bliss, so to speak.

Os

I always bought coffee every morning, I preferred country style over timmies anyday (Too bad there is none in my area since moving). I spent a few bucks everyday on coffee, and if I was getting one around lunchtime I would often get a bagel with it. It adds up very quickly, but my argument was I don't smoke so I should be able to treat myself to my coffee. That's a terrible way to look at it for anyone else who does. You still spend a lot of $ with nothing to show for it. Not to mention coffee isn't exactly the healthiest choice.

I buy tim hortons coffee & brew it myself now instead (If you figure out the right combination of coffee to water it tastes just as good). I've never done the math but I save a lot of money. I also drink green tea two or three times a day to avoid drinking as much, I love it.

The wife does not ask what I paid for things if she does I tell her then next time she remembers and does not ask or just goes with it I am very lucky as she also loves to get out fishing all the time so there is really no questions as its for teh family and for our 6th anniversary she loved her new Okuma Convector 30D reel and musky rod that matched the other 3 (WE) had its all good around here.

I also dont ask about the three sewing machines and cooking stuff she wants I just go and get it I know it will all get good use alot more then coffee or BINGO like a buddies wife does.

Thanks for the chuckles......

Second Cup, Lg Mocha Chillatte, no whip would be my weakness, around $5. Cannot duplicate it at home and it is cheaper than therapy LOL The fishing budget in this house definitely exceeds the fu fu coffee one :whistling: