Breaking News

Whopper

Everytime i cross a big pressure crack i wonder if something like that is going to happen. As long as you don't end up in the water, i wouldn't mind it. Only time you'll ever be able to troll ice fishing.

-R-

Dumbasses! :wallbash:

I hope everybody gets back to shore safely, but come on, you shouldn't be dumb enough to make a make-shift bridge onto a floating piece of ice on a great lake.

:rolleyes: I doubt very seriously if all that are out there used the make shift bridge, many probably went out before first light and didn't even cross a pressure crack. Coast Guard is stating the ice mass is eight miles long, 30 have been rescued with another 150 still out there.

:rolleyes: I doubt very seriously if all that are out there used the make shift bridge, many probably went out before first light and didn't even cross a pressure crack. Coast Guard is stating the ice mass is eight miles long, 30 have been rescued with another 150 still out there.

The clip said they got onto the ice by crossing a make-shift bridge, and when it drifted out they couldn't get off, so I'm just going on that. Personally, my life is worth more than a few fish, not just because I value it, but because I have a kid (soon to be kids) and a wife that relies on me to be around.

I'm just a "better safe than sorry" kind of guy I guess. A small pressure crack on an in-land lake that's frozen shore to shore is one thing, but crossing open water to get onto "safe" ice on a great lake, is in my opinion, dumb.