Good Morning Lew

OhioFisherman

Guest skeeter99

is the website virual (if is other machines using resources on host)

possible backups (I know veritas netbackup sucks resources on boxes)

it also could be a bad process running away using resources also

maybe try runing a trace log for a week and see what is going on

just some possible ideas

oh another thing to the admins I noticed a security flaw or (best practice issue)

on every website i try logging in with default to see if admins turned it off, on this site they are but one issue security wise not that it really matters is allowing the username to be the same as the password which in the real world is a no no!!

anyway just some observations

is the website virual (if is other machines using resources on host)

possible backups (I know veritas netbackup sucks resources on boxes)

it also could be a bad process running away using resources also

maybe try runing a trace log for a week and see what is going on

just some possible ideas

oh another thing to the admins I noticed a security flaw or (best practice issue)

on every website i try logging in with default to see if admins turned it off, on this site they are but one issue security wise not that it really matters is allowing the username to be the same as the password which in the real world is a no no!!

anyway just some observations

HACKER, HACKER!!!!!!!......lol j/k

Were gonna have another look into it... Im rarely on the board that early. Ill get in touch with out host. It may be the nightly backup.. the site is so huge. Ill see what we can do.. thanks for your patience..

I mentioned this a couple days ago. During the week, my best OFNing time is when I first get up: 6 - 7 am. Lately, on some mornings it has been unusable. If you hi-speed guys are having trouble, imagine us poor dial-up users.

Guest skeeter99
HACKER, HACKER!!!!!!!......lol j/k

no I am not a hacker I do this for a living

just trying to help out and see some things the other admins dont see

and it is these very small deficiencies that hackers exploit and do alot of mess

2 mins worth of admin work

could prevent possibly a week being down after hacker tears apart the site

Edited by skeeter99

Guest skeeter99
Were gonna have another look into it... Im rarely on the board that early. Ill get in touch with out host. It may be the nightly backup.. the site is so huge. Ill see what we can do.. thanks for your patience..

TJ

if it is the backup get them to run a incremental backup during the week (uses way less resources) and a full once a week lets say maybe saturday night or sunday night into monday morning

this is what many major clients do to increase performance on their sites on really one slow day rather than 7

and once again it depends on the backup client

and really this is just a fishing site (not to beat it down) but one weekly backup is probably all that is needed rather than nightly, you may want to bring that up with your provider and it may reduce costs of running the site greatly due to less backups just a thought and many are doing that now to save coin

or instead og backing up the whole site determine what is most important if lost and only backup important or major portions?

all sorts of options

Edited by skeeter99

Guest skeeter99
Pretty quick late at night ... Lew you just have to get up earlier ;)

it happenens after 1 am to 2am dead slow does not even load not even worth trying to get on