Nipissing Report

steverowbotham

We got up to Lake Nipissing at around 2:30pm on Friday afternoon, and were greeted by Carl and Randy of Grump and Grumpy's. They took us out to our bungalows in their "Magic Bus" and as we unpacked, the perch were already on our lines, not mine, but others in our group. The bungalows were clean, comfy and warm. This is my second time with this outfitter and I am extremely impressed so far.

The afternoon on Day 1 was fairly slow, but blue sky days and day 2 of a cold front werent exactly the best fishing conditions. We ended up with a couple herring and a whole bunch of perch. :thumbsup_anim: By about 11:00pm, we were all a little bit tipsy, but steady enough to grab that bouncing tip-up, Dave landed a nice whitie and we cooked it up immediately.

IMG_0915.jpg

Dave with a nice whitie.

I woke up at first light and dropped a line down, the fish were biting and I was pumped. Tyler, Derek and I landed a couple dozen herring and about 30 or 40 perch. Mostly on maggots, but some on minnows and small spoons. Today was much better than yesterday!

IMG_0916.jpg

Tyler with a nice perch.

IMG_0925.jpg

Me with our huts keepers for the day.

We fished a bit on Sunday and landed some more herring and perch. Tyler lost a big whitie on Sat night, but nothing we could do.

:worthy: I highly recommend these guys and I suggest you give them a try, I'm headed back up in a month, and I will post again.

that looks like a lot of fun..........but I'm not happy to see that....

my nip trip got cancelled do to ice conditions the first week in Jan..and now it's like rubbing salt into the wound, everytime someone post about a nip trip.....lol ......nice going

Hey Steve;

We were neighbours this weekend. Dave was by our hut for a pint, showin off his whitey pic!

Looked for you guys Sat. night for a trip to the Moe Z but everyone was "Done".... fishing by 9pm!

Must have had a great day for sure~!

Hopefully next trip you can make the Moe Z tour!!!! Bring your wallets!!

By the way..you are right.....Hard to find better service than Grump & Grumpy!!!!!

Tight lines

Disspatcher.

Edited by Disspatcher

We did find 1 3lb pike but no eyes!

Steve, when we came over for MoeZ tour, we did find one lone fisherman....40pouder 1/2 mt in one hand, ice rod in the other. The action on the end of the rod must have been killer cause it was quite the effort to keep himself steady as it was!!!

Great Weekend!

Moe Z Girls Rock!! :thumbsup_anim: