help planning a disneyland trip

aniceguy

we have spent the last 4 days trying to figure out orlando and god we are no where near figuring it out.

We are going to our families place in Fort Myers for March , and we wanted to take as ide trip for 4 days to disney land

My question who has gone, what packages work, what hotels etc....if someone can help that would be fantastic....

Bring lots of dough, Orlando has a way of sucking the money out of your wallet.

Stay away from anything that says "Free Disney Tickets". There's a ton of agencies that give you free tickets, provided you attend a breakfast seminar, at which they will try to sell you time share.

In regards to accommodations, you've got a zillion options in Orlando. I recommend using www.tripadvisor.com to review any hotel or resort that you stay inn. There are a ton of reasonably priced hotels close to Disney. We usually stay at The Meridian Palms (app. $80-90 night), 2 miles from Disney.

Once in the park, use the "Fast Pass" options whenever possible. This will save you time waiting in lines for some of the rides / shows. Fast Pass is free, and you can find out more on Disney's website.

Don't hesitate to pack a napsack full of frozen water and snacks cause the food is crappy and expensive.

Send me a PM if you have more questions.

Good luck

What age is the little one(s)? I ask as my daughter is 5 and when we went last year she brought her own Snow White costume from home and she was called princess at every ride we went to. Not to mention the reaction she got during the pariade!!! Each Disney person pointed to her and waived and she just loved it.

PM me if you want my agents info as her prices are just as good or better then expedia most of the time...

Send the kids and wife to the land of wonder.You sit and wait at Bucsh gardens and wait for them to return.

Not sure how close or far apart they are,but I,ll bet the ride for all ,will be great.LOL

I cant wait to see the pics from your trip,and the smiles on the kids bud.

Send the kids and wife to the land of wonder.You sit and wait at Bucsh gardens and wait for them to return.

Not sure how close or far apart they are,but I,ll bet the ride for all ,will be great.LOL

I cant wait to see the pics from your trip,and the smiles on the kids bud.

never mind that you ll like the 2 days of bass fishing I booked with a BASS ELITE pro as a guide what was a 10 day trip seems to now be close to a 20 day trip

Edited by aniceguy

As long as you are going to Disney World not Land in Orlando you'll be ok. LOL

Be prepared the place is huge, with four different parks spread around their property and a bunch of Disney run hotels from value to deluxe.

Any question you might have would be covered in this two sites. The first one has a forum to ask members questions as well.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/

http://allears.net/

Have fun, the kids will never want to go to Wonderland again.

Edited by Lowe Rider

Done Disney 6 times with and without my kids. I even bought stock back in ' 97 then sold it 3 years later and it paid for a new loaded Saturn Coupe.

We always enjoyed staying ON Disney's property. They have some real nice mid range hotels. We stayed at Dixie Landings but they changed the name to be politically correct to Disney Port Orleans "Riverside" that is much better than just "Port Orleans". However there are several other mid range hotels on the property but my family and I would stay at Port Orleans Riverside again in a heart beat.

Don't get the package deals that include your room and park passed because those passes EXPIRE at the end of your stay. The regular park pass are good for EVER.

Go to the library and get books on how to do Disney. They have park maps and strategy on what parks to do at what time etc.............. so you are not just standing in line all day. THESE BOOKS HELP THE MOST OF ALL FOR US ! ! !

If you have questions PM me and I'll so my best to help you out.

edited to add this website:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/...s/processEngine

BTW DISNEY has the BEST bass fishing around because it's so controlled. Six pound bass are just average there. The lake by the market place is the best in the MORNINGS ! ! ! You can get a guide on a pontoon boat for the whole family. The cost is the same as if you just went yourself.

Edited by Billy Bob

aniceguy

I was just there in December for the second time with our daughter who is five. We booked through CAA and you cannot beat the rates they are offering right now. If Disney is your destination for the four days, I would stay at a disney hotel. We stayed at one of the value (cheaper hotel) last time we were there and were very satisfied with cleanliness etc. really you only spend a couple of hours a day at the hotel other than sleeping. If you stay at a disney property, all of your transportation to all the parks is included. (beats parking and trying to get out at the end of the day).

If it would help you and your family plan your trip, I have a DVD that details all of the parks, attaractions, "Must see's" etc that you are welcome to use. There is also a book called Birnbaum's guide to Disney that is a great tool. i may have the book here as well if you are interested.

Feels free to PM me and ask anything you want.

Cheers and good luck

Your family will have a blast

Craig

One other advantage of staying at Disney Hotels you also get extended hours for every day that you are there. When we went our CAA agent recomended getting the meal deal and it was worth it. It was just hard to make reservations and we were 2-3 months ahead of our trip.

Also getting the almost all inclusive deal we didn't spend much while out there just got some souvenirs and that's it. You get full meals for lunch and dinner including desserts and you may want to look at buffets as they are all really good.

I also enjoyed sleeping in grabbing some breakfast and walking out the door of my resort and hoping on a bus to a park and doing the same to come back at night.

I think they got a deal going on right now if you book 4 days you get a couple more free.

seems lots are recommending caa....thanks to all we have decided to stay at the resort and buy a hopper pass...now to just find the best deal....Someone here is a travel agent ( or his wife is lol) and prefer to buy that way then off some internet site we know nothing about...

keep any advise coming as it really is putting us in the right direction

Remind me Louis and I'll forward you some messages from my aunt. She was there last year with her kids and she could now write a book with all the research she did. I have info saved in my emails as... our family is headed there in April during "Goose Break" from school.

Been to Disney many times. If you are looking at the cheaper hotels I would recommend the Disney All-Star hotels. The food court is ok and they have a McDonald's about one mile away. Plus you can take advantage of Disney's transportation system. Also if you want to avoid long lines get to the parks right when they open. We usually stay at the parks only until about noon when the crowds get crazy. Then we head back to the hotel for awhile and return in the evening. Epcot for some reason seems to be the least crowded of the parks. Also keep an eye on the water. I have seen some monster bass and bluegill while waitng for the ferry boat and while looking down into the ditches/canals while on the monorail.

Have a good trip.

I really have to say a big thanks for all this advise keep it coming as it has helped us avoid some big pit falls steered us in the totally right direction, and even the promise of meeting up with a fellow OFC'er for some fishin while down there....and I can cant forget the incredible resteraunt, food options fat guys like me love that sorta stuff