Just lost my job....

Stoty

I don't think Holdfast was being insensitive here. Everyone's life has been difficult at some point. When you lose your job, lose a family member, or whatever it is that happens, it's always comforting to a certain extent to get sympathy from folks (empathy would be better). But, whatever the situation, the next day you WILL have to get up and face the music. And face the music you will, but be positive about it. Don't do the poor me thing.

Stoty, you're good dude. You'll make out well and one day might even be thankful that it worked out this way.

Hey Stoty!

I've been through it three times (over the years) and I learned that bad times builds character. I don't think you'll have to wait as long I did to find something better than you had! (You're brighter than I am) :lol: You'll be fine!!

PS Don't listen to any of this doom and gloom crap.

God Bless.

Move, otherwise I dont feel sorry for you if you dont get a job. Bet ya will find one here. I even bet youll get one just on the phone.

Still recruiting for the west eh Holdie! ;)

Stoty!... pull yourself up by the bootstraps and move on Bubba! Nobody ever told you that that job would be forever!

You'll probably find a better one down the road... or not! Keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground, you'll find another job!!!

I never drew so much unemployment in my life as during the Jimmy Carter administration, but it taught me something... plan and save for eventualities!!!

This is probably a life lesson for you... make the best of it!!!

Endure and persevere!!!

.. read my sig!

Edited by GCD

Years back it was the best thing that ever happened to me. But I didn't know it at the time.

It got me out of a big rut and on towards a great career. I went back to school ( Automotive apprenticeship). Still do it today and run my own shop.

It's a great time to reevaluate your career and do it.

Wow! Sorry to hear that dude. Along with all the rest of you guys loosing jobs. Makes me feel lucky nowadays that I work in the water/sewer dept. People will always need water and always flush toilets. You'll find something soon. And if you can afford to live on the pogey makes for more time fishing...lol

Curt

I don't think Holdfast was being insensitive here. Everyone's life has been difficult at some point. When you lose your job, lose a family member, or whatever it is that happens, it's always comforting to a certain extent to get sympathy from folks (empathy would be better). But, whatever the situation, the next day you WILL have to get up and face the music. And face the music you will, but be positive about it. Don't do the poor me thing.

Stoty, you're good dude. You'll make out well and one day might even be thankful that it worked out this way.

There are much nicer ways to say there might be opportunities in the "west" than MOVE, otherwise I don't feel bad for you.

The original comment was as insensitive as it gets.

Pretty insensitive reply there dude.

Stay Classy!

Sorry to hear about the jobloss Stoty, I'm sure a guy with your experience will land a job very fast and close to home without having to take advice from classless idiots.

Really

http://www.saskjobs.ca/

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res_eng.aspx?Prov...&Student=No

http://www.careers.gov.sk.ca/

http://www.lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?...122&s=decor

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...80929.wsask0930

Im sure Stoty will do fine.

Like I said, I will not feel sorry for anyone if they dont try.

Roy, did you actually stick up for me, or did I read you wrong.

Don't ruin the "moment" ! :D

LOL... dammit... i was gonna get some wine and candles...

Personally i agree with Holdfast ..(was that my outside voice???) not that he was dissing Stoty... but personally I think we are all responsible for what happens in our own lives.. ive made some major career changes and some major moves.. ive left some very lucrative jobs to make enough money to have the privilage of seeing through the floorboards of my vehicle for a few years. LOL.. I went to a g2g once and had my wife drop me off so my "friends" wouldnt see what I was driving.

Dont get me wrong but we only get to live one life and you need to charge ahead at full steam.. if someone lays you off they obviously didnt see how valuble you were.. so dont get mad... get even and show the world what your made of!!

Hit the ground running. Theres no other way to roll. Uee that EI cushion and dont waste ANY time.

You may have meant that... but what you said was:

Move, otherwise I dont feel sorry for you if you dont get a job.

Less than a week ago you solicited some advise from this same site. You received over 50 responses. I can't/won't place a value on that advise, and I do hope things work out for you and yours. Maybe if someone had suggested that you pack-up your life and move to a third world country to live off your savings you would understand that what you wrote could been seen as insensitive to someone sharing something personal and painful.

I am in no way suggesting the west or Saskatchewan is in any way like a third world country, just that picking up ones life and moving far from "home" as a first option to a problem may not suit everyone.

Good Luck to Stoty and holdfast. :thumbsup_anim:

Really

http://www.saskjobs.ca/

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res_eng.aspx?Prov...&Student=No

http://www.careers.gov.sk.ca/

http://www.lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?...122&s=decor

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...80929.wsask0930

Im sure Stoty will do fine.

Roy, did you actually stick up for me, or did I read you wrong.

I'm not disputing the fact there are jobs to be had in the West, but there are better ways to go about what you said…. AND not everyone has the ability to uproot their lives and move thousands of km's away from their home.

Last week you had the board offering advice with your financial troubles, and in less than a week a guy loses his job and all you have to say is MOVE otherwise I don't feel bad for you.....CLASSSY DUDE, classy.

I don't often get involved in debatable topics on this forum, but you sir put your foot in your mouth so often I'm not even sure why you take the time to post at all.

Get a clue pal!

LOL... dammit... i was gonna get some wine and candles...

Personally i agree with Holdfast ..(was that my outside voice???) not that he was dissing Stoty... but personally I think we are all responsible for what happens in our own lives.. ive made some major career changes and some major moves.. ive left some very lucrative jobs to make enough money to have the privilage of seeing through the floorboards of my vehicle for a few years. LOL.. I went to a g2g once and had my wife drop me off so my "friends" wouldnt see what I was driving.

Dont get me wrong but we only get to live one life and you need to charge ahead at full steam.. if someone lays you off they obviously didnt see how valuble you were.. so dont get mad... get even and show the world what your made of!!

Hit the ground running. Theres no other way to roll. Uee that EI cushion and dont waste ANY time.

Only because I think Stoty is a Do-er and not the type to crawl in a corner and sulk. I took his post as Job Help and not I need your morale support and sensitivities. Anyways hes a Die hard Wings fan. If he ever did move here he'd have to give up seeing the Wings just across the Bridge. What about them Hawks eh?

. if someone lays you off they obviously didnt see how valuble you were..

Either that or they are cheap suits that probably would rather spend their money on Leafs seasons tickets....

They literally dumped 1/3 of the company today. Cheap pricks!

Less than a week ago you solicited some advise from this same site. You received over 50 responses. I can't/won't place a value on that advise, and I do hope things work out for you and yours. Maybe if someone had suggested that you pack-up your life and move to a third world country to live off your savings you would understand that what you wrote could been seen as insensitive to someone sharing something personal and painful.

I am in no way suggesting the west or Saskatchewan is in any way like a third world country, just that picking up ones life and moving far from "home" as a first option to a problem may not suit everyone.

Dude you beat me to it!

A guy says he just lost his job today and if anyone knows of one that might fit, to please let him know.....and a bunch of guys are saying "i don't feel sorry for you unless you move, or pull up your bootstraps, or whatever".....at what point was the guy looking for sympathy? I thought he was just looking for a job? (the same day he lost it).

At what point did you guys hear "poor me"? Or are you just grumps?

A guy says he just lost his job today and if anyone knows of one that might fit, to please let him know.....and a bunch of guys are saying "i don't feel sorry for you unless you move, or pull up your bootstraps, or whatever".....at what point was the guy looking for sympathy? I thought he was just looking for a job? (the same day he lost it).

At what point did you guys hear "poor me"? Or are you just grumps?

:thumbsup_anim:

There are much nicer ways to say there might be opportunities in the "west" than MOVE, otherwise I don't feel bad for you.

The original comment was as insensitive as it gets.

Real men can do without the sensitivity stuff!

... maybe you'd like to send Stoty a Valentine next Saturday? ;)

Edited by GCD

Hey, Thanks, for the Sensitivity or Political correctness training. Also the luck. Ive had some in my day that's for sure. But I think a lot of it had to do with motivation. Oh ya, also big shoulders. You can assume all you want. By the way, when me and my family, decided to do a big lifestyle change, IE get out of as job that was financially putting me Backwards, (Army) every time I was told to move my next house got more expensive, my last house I took a loss. I decided to do something that I never did in 25 years. Do a complete, life change. Different job that I found, different Province, and no family or friends. They're all in Ontario and Quebec. I was an a Member of OFC then too. Do you recall me ever mentioning that. That being said, I really don't care what you think. If I seen you face to face, I would say mind your own Buisness. If Stoty feels offended, maybe he can tell me. Not some little //, oh never mind!!!!!

Oh Abberez, you can PM me any time you want. I wont answer till either tomorrow morning or Sunday. You can tell me why I should feel sorry.

Hey, Thanks, for the Sensitivity or Political correctness training. Also the luck. Ive had some in my day that's for sure. But I think a lot of it had to do with motivation. Oh ya, also big shoulders. You can assume all you want. By the way, when me and my family, decided to do a big lifestyle change, IE get out of as job that was financially putting me Backwards, (Army) every time I was told to move my next house got more expensive, my last house I took a loss. I decided to do something that I never did in 25 years. Do a complete, life change. Different job that I found, different Province, and no family or friends. They're all in Ontario and Quebec. I was an a Member of OFC then too. Do you recall me ever mentioning that. That being said, I really don't care what you think. If I seen you face to face, I would say mind your own Buisness. If Stoty feels offended, maybe he can tell me. Not some little //, oh never mind!!!!!

Oh Abberez, you can PM me any time you want. I wont answer till either tomorrow morning or Sunday. You can tell me why I should feel sorry.

No one is asking you to feel sorry for Stoty, and no one is telling you your life hasn't been tough, but there is no reason to TELL a man WHAT to do otherwise you won't feel sorry for him on one of the lowest day's of his life.

K...this is getting a little off topic.

This post wasn't to make anyone feel bad for me, or whatever.

It was to use the core element of the site (networking), to possibly aid in finding a new job.

Believe it or not...losing my job is the 3rd most important thing on my plate right now.

If I wanted people to feel bad for me, I would have told everything that's happening in my life right now.

If you want to bicker back and forth, please keep it to the PM's.