work jobs work jobs

walleyemaster

Well I've been a typographer for 40 years. In 1993 I got into the advertising end of it and have worked on some great accounts Lexus, MacDonalds, Harvey's Sleeman, GM etc; for the last 10 years it's been mainly Ontario Tourism and the Bay. My daughter followed me and she works on TV spots for Canadian Tire.

But every two years or so I also bring you Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish.

Served our country as a mechanic in the Armed Forces for four years.

After the Mulroney era, I moved on, and am now in my 18th year as a journeyman HVACR mechanic.

Been a service manager now for the last 4 years. Do mostly residential and small commercial work now. Have worked large industrial in the past including some interesting machines such as the one that used to bake the enamel on our Ontario licence plates.

That was at the now closed Millbrook correctional centre.

Not sure where our plates are baked now :lol:

Turned the corner now and can see that retirement a little closer on the horizon...just another fast 18 to go. :D well thats the plan anyway but dont tell TangledLines :Gonefishing:

Thanks Bernie and Cliff !

It's just rivets and aluminum...... 13,500 rivets, or so, per set of floats... 18,000 per airplane.. but based on most boat repair threads around here I apparently know nothing about keeping them from leaking ! LOL

Like I have said before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WHY ARE YOU NOT BUILDING BOATS??????????????????

Senior forester with the government out here. Been at it for 22 years and it 8 short years I will become a full time retired fishing and hunting bum.

Also did a stint as a volunteer fireman in two different communities.

Been a good run and wouldn't change anything about it.

Spiel, that's awesome man!!!! My oldman used to do the exact same thing at the GM Foundry in St.Catharines before it closed. Brought the scrap metal into the cupalo's... He loved that job.. All by himself, no one to bug him!! I forget what tonnage the one he used was, but it was a biggie.

My dad is a retired Stelco crain operator as well.

Jim

Underground supervisor "shiftboss" for 15 years at a gold mine in Red Lake. Two years managing a tourist resort. Eleven years as a maintenance supervisor for a housing corporation in Sudbury. Am now on disability, doctor's orders. Dreaming up excuses to go fishing or head to the coffee shop when Im suppose to be at the gym or doing chores.