Fishing In Lindsay

MCTFisher9120

congrats man....what program did you get into? theres a bunch of us fish and wildlife grads kickin around here...i'm sure you'll get some good info on places to fish. I had most of my luck just in the river.....or make friends with somebody with a truck/boat and hit simcoe or scugog

Hey!! Congratulations Mike!!

That's great news. I know squat about fishing in that area but it sounds like Cliff will take care of you.

Which course did you finish up deciding on?

Jim

I got into the Fish & Wildlife Technology program! I want to take a additional college course after this, but i'll make that decision once i need to.

You will have to speak with Marc Newall. See if you can't volunteer with the Muskie rearing program. Tell him Ron Reyns sent ya.

When do you start your courses? I fish for Muskie up in that neck of the woods often and we could always hook up.

You will have to speak with Marc Newall. See if you can't volunteer with the Muskie rearing program. Tell him Ron Reyns sent ya.

When do you start your courses? I fish for Muskie up in that neck of the woods often and we could always hook up.

record low of muskie caught for me on the river last season, it was weird.

congratulations on getting accepted. It's a great feeling! Don't know anything about fishing in the area, but I'll check in with my buddy who graduated from that same program a couple years ago. I'm sure you will meet a few like minded (fish-minded) folks through your program to go out adventuring with!

if i'm there, i can show you some spots for steelhead and salmon, i also know of a couple brookie streams, i got accepted to fleming too for the fall semester, jus not sure if that is where i am going to end up.....but when you move up there.....put up a post and we can maybe get togetther for some fishin.....

Hawk

Sounds like an interesting program...a good choice.

Here is a link to the program for any one else that is curious.

http://www.flemingc.on.ca/index.cfm/go/pro.../cstrm/1099.cfm

There is also an interesting video with respect to a Musky project.

SSFC Frost campus sure has changed since I spent time working there back in '94. :blink:

Where does the time go?

Enjoy your time there as it goes by real fast! ;)

If you have a set of wheels there are endless fishing spots in the area.

Caught my first musky in the Scugog river in Lindsay when I was 12 yrs old. It was where the old railway bridge crossed the river. The locks are your best bet right in town for walleye. You are within an hours drive of any of the Kawartha lakes so keep your priorities in line. When my Bro, Joonmoon, went to the college he spent too much time fishing and not enough time studying.

Ya ya ya :blahblah1: I know I know.. :wallbash: .The locks are right in town and the river will hold lots of fish all year. Mind the regs as the season closes early in the fall. When school starts get your books and your kits and register and all that. Then get down to the river and explore, lots of decent water to fish. Look up Big Cliff, you won't be disappointed. Good luck with school, you won't need luck to fish. ;)

if i'm there, i can show you some spots for steelhead and salmon, i also know of a couple brookie streams, i got accepted to fleming too for the fall semester, jus not sure if that is where i am going to end up.....but when you move up there.....put up a post and we can maybe get togetther for some fishin.....

Hawk

theres spots to catch steelhead, salmon, and brook trout in Lindsay? Would you have to drive there, or is it like biking distance from town or....?

Hey did Mark used to teach at I.E. Weldon?

Try fishing at east or west creek just outside of Lindsay, always had decent luck there.

Side note - has anyone fished Emily lake near Dunsford?

theres spots to catch steelhead, salmon, and brook trout in Lindsay? Would you have to drive there, or is it like biking distance from town or....?

You've got to drive for salmon and steelies ... but bowmanville, port hope, oshawa, pickering etc.... really arent that far, and there's always students making the trip... trust me

yeah there's always someone headed to Lake O tribs.....other than that there is lots of brookies around the Lindsay area....in the winter Lake Scugog is close by as well as Gull Lake is about a 45 minute drive from Lindsay.....i think Lake Simcoe is not far either.....not sure tho....you will have to check that out