ATV Fine and Penalty without plate and insurance

CRAPPIE

Guest skeeter99

hey I have to have insurance on my boat it is mandatory in the bassmania tournies along with the top bass circuit and mostly all tournaments, ironically I pay more for boat insurance than I do my house LOL!!!!

I have had boat insurance since I had my first boat and wouldn't have it any other way. If it gets stolen; covered! Catches fire; covered! Hit a rock; covered! Insurance is just that, you hope you never have to use it but if you ever do it sure is nice to have it.

Guest skeeter99
I have had boat insurance since I had my first boat and wouldn't have it any other way. If it gets stolen; covered! Catches fire; covered! Hit a rock; covered! Insurance is just that, you hope you never have to use it but if you ever do it sure is nice to have it.

100% agreed and dont be afraid to make claims your insurance does not go up, it is there use it

Ya, the only insurance I'm not big on is "life insurance" (I'm not in a hurry to make a claim on it even if the rates don't go up) !If I ever have to use it I haven't figured out how I can still be around to collect it LOL!

Edited by Big Cliff

Beans and I got nailed for "no helmits" two years ago on Simco, $65.00 each. I thought that was a bit unfair, we weren't going any faster than a man could walk but, the law is the law so we paid our fines and learned our lesson.

Ah the good ol days eh Cliff. :wallbash::wallbash:

Still like it was yesturday.LOL

Got stopped on Saturday on lake Erie by 2 OPP on quads. We had 2 quads pulling sleds with our equipment on them and 8 people, 4 riding on the quads and the the rest riding on the sleds. 1 driver had no insurance or ownership with him and they let him go with a warning. They also gave us warnings saying anybody on the quad or sleds need to have a helmet on. Gave us a stern warning about booze and drinking and driving and they would be doing checks as we left the ice. Then they wished us luck and were gone....guess they were just educating and not ticketing. Didnt think to ask what the fines would be we were just happy they left.

• 1 year later...

Two years ago the fine for having no insurance on a skidoo was $385.00,no helmet way $75.00,this was on the ice just towing my portable from one spot to another.Just ask me how I know.This was in the Quinte area.

Edited by gaspumper

The ATV industry is trying to get legislation to allow for passengers on the new (2010 and up) 2-up models. My understanding is that they will not grandfather any older bikes. Just 2010 and newer. I had an after marketpassenger seat on my 2000 Honda 450 and I took it off becuse I was told by police that I would get ticketed. My 7 year old always wanted to go for a ride on it so I got rid of it rather then keep telling him no.

On Nipising in the winter the OPP and MNR don't pay too much attention to the ATVers. Usually not going too fast or driving crazy. Just wear a helmet! The OPP do "police" the snowmobiles more because they are often ripping accross the lakes like lunatics. My sled is a 1993 Skandic 503 so I don't have any speed issues lol.

One Imortant thing I havent seen mentioned so far is Liability!

When I inquired the hwpd marine unit, about whats needed to be compliant safety and Ins wise.He said this,Do you have children,neices and nephews?Just in case!get it,theres a lot of idiots out there!Property can be replaced,not your friends or loved ones!And If someone gets hurt because of your equipement!Keep that in mind!

I lost a good friend way back,due to a faulty vehicle that he borrowed from a friend of his,swerved away due to a dog on the rd!No ins period!Enough said!

Why is it everytime I need to use insurance I get ripped off?? I pay, and pay and pay, but when I actually need it, I still have to pay??? Where does my money go anwyays?? Biggest scam going IMO.

S.

I just got quoted for $13/month for my new atv from TD

Edit - ya they have a lot of fine print

Edited by Dan Bouck

Why is it everytime I need to use insurance I get ripped off?? I pay, and pay and pay, but when I actually need it, I still have to pay??? Where does my money go anwyays?? Biggest scam going IMO.

S.

thats what im sayin. :wallbash:

we do work for a man that owns an insurance company with the head office being close to brantford. his house isnt too far from brantford either and its a nice place worth only $5 million. BUT, they dont make any money :rolleyes:

Well i have an 89 atv and my insurance company will not insure it,as its over ten year old, i have plates but no insurance, And the kicker is i only use it 2 or 3 times a year.

i have tried to find insurance but i cant justify $400.00 bucks when i only use it for icefishing in march. Also they wont insure you if you intend to drive it on the ice........lol i laughed at that one!

try td insurance for just liabilty