My good deed for the day

JeffBornFishin

This has been an extremely busy week for me.

The road conditions today were tricky in spots with white outs etc.

I came upon a lady who spun out and ended up in a snow filled ditch.

I roll up and offer to pull her out...not a nice day to be stuck out in a rural area.

A few minutes later she thanked me was back on the road and I was back on my way to my destination.

After having to get pulled out from being stuck twice myself this winter I know what it is like.

Thats why I didn't hesitate to help today even though I had hours of work ahead and was behind schedule.

Good for the karma and our fellow man/woman.

I wish more people were helpful out there...pass it on :D

Edited by JeffBornFishin

Good job, everyone should do this if they see someone in trouble. I haven't seen any this year but I helped a woman out of a snow bank last winter going around a 90 degree ice corner during a whiteout. The lady had a baby in the backseat, so it felt good to help her out.

Edited by Governator

Good for you. We had a nice day today but the Roads turned treacherous due to high winds and freezing. I was on my way to Saskatoon (over an hour) came across a spun-out car. Asked if he was OK and he said yup. I stopped the car phoned my Army Boss and told him I wasn't coming in for the weekend exercise. Yup Karma

Good stuff. Yeah, good feeling and karma go with good deeds.

20 minutes of free time spent relieved someone else of a lot of aggravation. They may have felt good about it too.

Some stick their necks out too far. Anyone sink a vehicle trying to help someone else with a sunken object on the ice?

forrest

I wouldn't expect anything less of you Jeff, that is just the kind of person you are!

last person I stopped to help out of the snow bank was so drunk he could hardly talk so I very kindly called the OPP and they took care of everything, gave him a ride, got his car towed for him. It was nice to see him so well taken care of!

Edited by Big Cliff

I thought it was illegal to tow anyone out who has gone off the road without the police first inspecting the site

Really? Thats the first I've heard that one.

Good on ya Jeff!! I hope it comes back to ya 10 fold!!!

Sinker

I thought it was illegal to tow anyone out who has gone off the road without the police first inspecting the site

After asking a buddy who is an OPP Sargent unless there is damage to personal property or a personal injury they are not interested.

A reminder that all single vehicle accidents in Ontario involving the above however will result in charges. :blink: