OMG

reelinrolly

Maybe I should have posted my reply in this thread LOL...

Ya!!!!!!

What a nail biter!

Cripes that was a bloody rooler coaster eh?

They boys looked flat the whole game until Over time IMO...2 soft russian goals as well.

Not nearly as good as the USA match, but way more intense in the end!

I was not looking forward to a shoot out...kinda figured we'd get screwed, but hey it all worked out!

Edited by Cookslav

After catching glimpses of the game all night I happened to turn it back on when there was 11 seconds left, just in time to see we were losing and the puck pretty much frozen along the boards up near the blue line...just goes to show it ain't over till its over!! Fantastic finish.

I'm really glad they pulled that one out!

I'm going to the Gold medal game with my wife, leaving tomorrow a.m., part of an OLG slots package she won. Get to watch from a box....so glad they won, will make the game a lot more sweet!

I agree with the comment made earlier, they ended up on the right side of the ledger and worked hard to the end, but it wasn't a pretty performance at many times during the game .

I hope they don't make the same mistakes on Monday. Bottom line they ground out a win and that's the main thing. Go Canada.

Those players were so nervous and it showed. They were afraid and wern't confident. They didn't play well but managed the win nonetheless.

I freaking hate shootouts, what a horrible way to end one of the craziest games in this tournaments history. That overtime had me on edge the entire period, I loved every second of it and then suddenly felt 'meh' after winning in the shootout on a whopping 2 shots. I feel terrible for the russian players, it's not the way a classic game should end.

Their performance was definitely not gold worthy imo last night, they must step it up and get shots on net from the D on the power play. I think they went 1-9 on the powerplay, if they play like that tomorrow Sweden will destroy them. Lets hope they BRING IT tomorrow and take down them down as they did in exhibition play (4-2).

Sweden has only allowed 6 goals all tournament (Including yesterdays 5-3 win), they got the best GAA in the tourny. Canada has to get their offense rolling and use their depth and not 2 lines like yesterday. Wasn't the best coaching from Quinn that's for sure.

Edited by Governator

I agree 100% Governator, ending a game like that with a shoot out is shameful!

Ask the 19,000 in attendance if they wanted that game to end and go to a shootout 0.0 would say yes.

Fun game to watch but the boys need to tighten there game up!

Its awesome to see a young group of guys pull together in the crunch to pull out a win they had no business winning. Too bad for the Russian kids, they IMO battled harder and prolly should have won that game in regulation but lets hope our boys learned from that fiasco and get their carp together for the GOLD. After all thats what they came to get, thats the only thing they will be happy with. Better light a fire under their a$$ Quinn. Its theirs for the takin. B)