Yeah I'm back online!

bigfish1965

Finally got my ISP to believe me when I told them there was an issue with my new fancy modem. I could not stay on any website for more than two seconds without getting kicked and my phone shutting down. Extremely frustrating!

I didnt even notice that the phone was dying at the same time cause I use my cell 90% of the time.

So I got a new modem and two months free internet....man am I gonna download lots of stuff and make them pay:)

The conversations with customer service were laughable.

Me: Oh, hi, my modem is wrecked I think, if I go online to any site that requires any bandwidth at all, I get disconnected and have to reboot the modem.

Them; Is your computer on when you try to access the internet?

Me: Uhhh..yeah. How else would I know it wasn't staying online?

Them: Well you would be surprised at the number of people who call and their computer is not turned on.

Me: Okay let me save you some time...I have tested this on two different computers, one on XP and one on Vista. It is the same result no matter what. I have checked and rechecked the router and even bypassed the router and the result is the same.

Them: Oh, your using a router...it could be the router.

Me: {bangs head off of the wall} No it is not the router. If I plug directly into my computer from the modem I get the same thing.

Them: Is the modem turned on?

Me: Are you serious? Can I talk to your supervisor please....

This went on and on and I get the standard "we'll be there some time between 9 and 5 on the 30th"

The guy shows up at nine today and I tell him whats going on...He said 'Sounds like your modem is buggered'...

He is my new best friend.

Now I have to go through all my PM's and stuff so bear with me till I get through them all.

Rick... are you SURE that your computer is plugged in?

Gotta love dealing with those service divisions. I know it isnt the fault of the person on the phone, but regardless my account at rogers is flagged. They dont talk to me about my cell phone.