Bay McLaurin Report - Gatineau QC

Leecher

Hello everyone, hope you guys had a wonderfull Christmas and that Santa was good to you all :D

For me, couldn't ask for anything more.... Christmas eve and Christmas day was spent with family, had a great time, a few drinks and some good food... just doesn't get any better than that :thumbsup_anim:

The 3 amigos had planned to hit good old Mcbay today for some ice fishing.... and what a day we had.... caught my first Pike and LMB B) and lots of perch :thumbsup_anim: Temperature was -16C early morning with no winds but once we got to our spot, it picked up to 20Km from the east :w00t:

Had a hard time finding local shops that were open to buy minnows :wallbash: but finally found one and the way we go.

We had originally plan to leave at 9:00am but with not being able to find open shops got to our spot at around 11:00am

Got our tipups setup in 12' to 15' fow rigged with hooks and live minnows and each had a jigging rod.... We caught 5 pikes, 2 bass and 20 perch all together B)

Here is Paul's first pike

IMGP1683.jpg

and mine... :thumbsup_anim:

IMGP1684.jpg

Then one of my tipups go's down and to my suprise, was an LMB.... my first :thumbsup_anim:

IMGP1689.jpg

Real nice bucket, took a couple more shots

IMGP1688.jpg

IMGP1690.jpg

Then it was Paul's turn

IMGP1691.jpg

and last but not least... the perch that Paul and I caught

IMGP1692.jpg

There are more pics that Kevin and Paul were able to snap.... I'm sure they will follow

Had a real fun time out there.... Thanks Paul and Kevin :canadian:

All fish were CPR'd except the pannies

Hope you enjoy!!

Jacques aka Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Great report and pix the Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Our Bass get real paled colored like that too when the water gets cold.

Why aren't y'all lipping those Pike like the last report? ;):canadian:

Wasn't it a bit tough CPRing those Perch?... they look kinda stiff :canadian::w00t:

I know what you mean about the wind, it can be dead calm here and all I have to do is touch my boat cover and it'll pick up at least 10 mph! :rolleyes:

Edited by GCD

Good outing Leechman. I was going to go out this morning but the Boxing Day Sale at LeBaron's won out , I picked up a few things I needed and according to my wife a few things I didn't need. You can never have too much fishing stuff. Never caught a largemouth on a tipup, does it grab the bait and take off like a pike or just slowly brings down the tipup like a walleye does?

yep verry nice day to be out with the gang!

at one point we were 7 guys a gals on the ice no shack nothing! :thumbsup_anim:

we ARE hard core! :Gonefishing:

i bet all those perch leechman caught are going to fill some plates tonight! :whistling:

here are a couple of our catches!

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

enjoi! :canadian:

Edited by fishing 24/7

Great report and pix the Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Our Bass get real paled colored like that too when the water gets cold.

Why aren't y'all lipping those Pike like the last report? ;):canadian:

Wasn't it a bit tough CPRing those Perch?... they look kinda stiff :canadian::w00t:

I know what you mean about the wind, it can be dead calm here and all I have to do is touch my boat cover and it'll pick up at least 10 mph! :rolleyes:

Glen the water is so cold that just taken a pic while holding the fish and your fingers go num :blink: The bass are light colored at this time of year compared to summer

Lipping a gator..... no way.... not this amigo ;)

CPRing the perch.... yeah me bad :blush: should of said "all CPR'd except the pannies"

Good outing Leechman. I was going to go out this morning but the Boxing Day Sale at LeBaron's won out , I picked up a few things I needed and according to my wife a few things I didn't need. You can never have too much fishing stuff. Never caught a largemouth on a tipup, does it grab the bait and take off like a pike or just slowly brings down the tipup like a walleye does?

Dan, when bass hits, it's like a walleye, except the tipup stays half down and you have time to feel the weight when tugging the line and setting the hook.

yep verry nice day to be out with the gang!

at one point we were 7 guys a gals on the ice no shack nothing! :thumbsup_anim:

we ARE hard core! :Gonefishing:

i bet all those perch leechman caught are going to fill some plates tonight! :whistling:

here are a couple of our catches!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/f...ke/IMG_0299.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/f...ke/IMG_0296.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/f...ke/IMG_0294.jpg

enjoi! :canadian:

Thanks Kevin for the extra pics :thumbsup_anim: Congratulations to Stephanie for the fine gator she landed :clapping:

Speaking of supper with family the last couple of days....

When Leechman and I got to the Bay,,He decided to walk across the Lake ,,, I chose to take the Nature Trail and work off some of that food :D:D

Cardinal

December26th114.jpg

White Breasted Nuthatch

December26th170.jpg

Heres a pic of Chippy

December26th218.jpg

I don't know where this Dude was headed....

December26th154.jpg

Oh yeah some pics of Fish...

December26th231.jpg

Like Leechman said,, the wind was raw this afternoon :w00t:

Edited by Whitespinnerbait

Speaking of supper with family the last couple of days....

When Leechman and I got to the Bay,,He decided to walk across the Lake ,,, I chose to take the Nature Trail and work off some of that food :D:D

Cardinal

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...mber26th114.jpg

White Breasted Nuthatch

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...mber26th170.jpg

Heres a pic of Chippy

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...mber26th218.jpg

I don't know where this Dude was headed....

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...mber26th154.jpg

Oh yeah some pics of Fish...

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk227/b...mber26th231.jpg

Like Leechman said,, the wind was raw this afternoon :w00t:

Thanks Paul for adding your pics..... some real cool nature shots you took while walking the trail B)

Top stuff Jacques!

Things look to be heating up for ya so to speak....thats some nice fish you guys got into.

I'm cosidering going for some smallies myself tomorrow.......will be trying out your bass tips if i do.

Your hat reminds me of holidaying at our house in France....much time spent in the local Chasse Peche buying my asticot and trying to get what i needed in my very broken Franglais!

Great report dude.....look forward to more!

Great report boys is that where I will end up fishing with you guys?

Will I need the Quebec licence or the Ontario Licence?

Tell Paul not to cut the fishes head off when taking pics :whistling:

MTP

Thanks Mike.... yes this is where you will be joining us soon and the only thing we did not catch is black crappies.... they are plentiful usually and the odd walters :canadian:

Your QC license is all that you need.... both are accepted on the Ottawa river B)

Let us know when you plan on coming this way.... will make sure to reserve a date on the calendar :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

See you soon my friend :D

Edited by Leechman

Top stuff Jacques!

Things look to be heating up for ya so to speak....thats some nice fish you guys got into.

I'm cosidering going for some smallies myself tomorrow.......will be trying out your bass tips if i do.

Your hat reminds me of holidaying at our house in France....much time spent in the local Chasse Peche buying my asticot and trying to get what i needed in my very broken Franglais!

Great report dude.....look forward to more!

Thanks Simon.... weather wise here, freezing rain on the menu and right now -3C but that won't stop Paul and I, going to try Lac Leamy for some walters this afternoon B)

We just might have another report to post soon :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck to ya tomorrow.... forgot to mention, keep moving around drilling holes to locate the SMB.... once you find them won't be long before you hook into one for sure.... they're usually sitting on bottom just waiting B)

What a great report and pics by all.

The wildlife ones are superb. No Jacques,not you.LOL

In one pic I see a NO NO.

That auger in a hole standing up. Not good for the blades.

The melted ice once it hardens back up,with ruin the blades.

Thanks Brian..... wildlife :blink::lol: Thanks for that tip about the auger... will make sure to tell whitespinnerbait :thumbsup_anim: