"Off Topic" & "Fishing Reports" Subforum?

RobHall

"Off Topic" & "Fishing Reports" Subforum?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be a good idea to have an "Off Topic" subforum under the general discussion forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I was wondering what everyone else thoughts were on having an "Off Topic" & "Fishing Reports" subforum under the general discussion forum?

Instead of putting the (nf) in the title of every thread....why not just create a subforum (Off Topic) where members can discuss things that have nothing to do with fishing.

Instead of sifting through mutiple threads to find a specific fishing report you were looking at 2 weeks ago. Why not create a "Fishing Reports" subforum. This way it would make it more convenient for those who like to read these reports and look at pics, as well as those who like to post reports.

These are just a suggestions.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Interesting that this time though( And it's still really early )there are more people who would like to separate the forums.

I've had a change of heart on this one myself and would like to see a seperate fishing and non-fishing section.

Definately don't want to stir the pot, though, and can live with things the way they are.

There are lots of fishing boards around with sub-forums, some with a couple, some with many. I find when visiting these other boards, I don't read the "Off Topic" stuff or other sub-forums that don't necessarily pertain to my brand of fishing.

On this board I scan all the topics and read what catches my eye. There are countless numbers of valuable postings I would have missed had they been in another sub-forum.

-Brian

Leave it be...I enjoy reading the "non-fishing" related posts as much as the fishing related ones and if it moves elsewhere, I will likely rarely visit that section, PLUS...

I like helping out others when non-fishing topics come out - those are the threads that I can usually contribute something useful to...makes up for my fishing related questions.

Edited by fisher

Usually though, most new folks wait till they've been members of this board for more that 2 weeks before they start trying to change something that's worked very nicely for quite a few years <_<

My apologies if i stepped out of line. :worthy: I was merely making a suggestion...that i thought was a good idea. If it has been brought up in the past and shot down, then again i apologize for posting such a stupid idea. I guess i should wait until i've been around for a few years before i make any suggestions on this forum. :glare:

FOTB :Gonefishing:

Interesting that this time though( And it's still really early )there are more people who would like to separate the forums.

I've had a change of heart on this one myself and would like to see a seperate fishing and non-fishing section.

Definately don't want to stir the pot, though, and can live with things the way they are.

Yes....you definitely don't want to stir the pot around here. You make a suggestion and you get a glare right back at you.

FOTB

thanks for posting this months poll

No problem. Always willing to help. :rolleyes:

FOTB

055387.jpg

Great sense of "haha" CH.

FOTB

fishinonthebrain,

no one is putting you down or anything.......really

but about 8 to 15 times a year someone new does start the same thread......and most of us find it funny others go "here we go again" and put in little jabs

but it's all good..you didn't know and you just did what so many before you have done...........enjoy the ride

fishinonthebrain, lol.. don't take it that way... (although I can see how ya would...) over the last 6 years someone.. usually someone who hasnt been around along time, comes up with this suggestion.. ( happens at least three times a year) and of course alot of members have heard the suggestion alot... We feel that on of the things that sets this board apart is the tendancy to keep the subforums down to a minimum...

Don't take it the wrong way, its just most users like it the ways is..

fishinonthebrain,

no one is putting you down or anything.......really

but about 8 to 15 times a year someone new does start the same thread......and most of us find it funny others go "here we go again" and put in little jabs

but it's all good..you didn't know and you just did what so many before you have done...........enjoy the ride

It's all good Terry. I've got really thick skin. However..i was annoyed at someones comment that i should'nt be making suggestions on this forum, having been a member for only 2 weeks. If that's the case....then I will just keep any thoughts to myself, for fear of ruffling someones feathers. :unsure:

FOTB

FOTB, over the years your suggestion has come up several times. It's great that members think about and suggest ways to make the board a better place. But, in this particular case, for every pro to splitting the board into sub-forums, there's an equal or greater reason for keeping it as it is and believe me when I say we've hashed this one out. Thanks for at least taking the initiative to post about it.

HEY FISHINONTHEBRAIN I FEEL THE NEED TO COME TO YOUR DEFENSE CONSIDERING YOUR AN OTTAWA BOY !! HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I POSTED A THREAD YEARS AGO AND NOW I JUST DON'T POST .TO MANY PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S THEIR DUTY TO EXERCISE THEIR SO CALLED WEIGHT.I JUST COME HERE FOR THE INFO AND THE FISHING SPOTS.DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY THEIR IS ONE IN EVERY CROWD.I WONDER HOW SOME PEOPLE GET THEIR HEADS THROUGH THE DOOR SOMETIMES :P:P

HEY FISHINONTHEBRAIN I FEEL THE NEED TO COME TO YOUR DEFENSE CONSIDERING YOUR AN OTTAWA BOY !! HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I POSTED A THREAD YEARS AGO AND NOW I JUST DON'T POST .TO MANY PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S THEIR DUTY TO EXERCISE THEIR SO CALLED WEIGHT.I JUST COME HERE FOR THE INFO AND THE FISHING SPOTS.DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY THEIR IS ONE IN EVERY CROWD.I WONDER HOW SOME PEOPLE GET THEIR HEADS THROUGH THE DOOR SOMETIMES :P:P

Sure glad you took the time to post.

hhahahaaaa