How to fit a Deer in a BMW

PatrickGG

Pics been around a long time... I'd believe a fox !

Looking at the pics of the fur, I'd more likely believe you too, the hair looks too long and softer than what a deer's coat resembles. Question is looking at the height of the impact and entry seems a bit higher than what a fox's level would be.

I'd agree with a fox.

A deer is just TOO big to "fit" (for lack of better word), through the grill.

Maybe the fox saw it coming and tried to "jump" out of the way, when it was INHALED by the beemer. :dunno:

But wait a sec........ a BMW going fast on the highway?????

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

HOAX!!!!

Not all deer are large in their stature. Whereas the red deer is a very large and majestic creature in size and stature, the fallow deer would be a 1/2 it's size. A fallow doe might reach 40" at the shoulder, more likely 32-36". A fawn even smaller.

I agree that no creature at 150lb is going to show so little impact damage to the car, but a fawn?

Looks like deer fur to me. I think a fox would have gone under rather than over the bumper. The engine looks like it was pushed back and down (as it was designed to do on impact).

I am not sure a Fox would have had the mass to do this.

A Roe Deer is the right size and color.

The weight of 150 pounds was probably overestimated to conform to North American White Tail conceptions.

European Roe deer are typically smaller.

"The Roe Deer is a relatively small deer, with a body length of 95-135 cm (3.1 - 4.4 ft), a shoulder height of 65-75 cm (2.1 - 2.5 ft), and a weight of 15-30 kg (33-66 lb). It has rather short, erect antlers and a reddish body with a grey face. Its hide is golden red in summer, darkening to brown or even black in winter"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_deer

My theory anyways. We need a Snocket Rientist to do some calculations along the lines of F= MXA to determine the forces involved. Or a DNA test minimum..

Wow did I just actually waste 15 minutes of my life wondering about this... :o

Nemo

Edited by Nemo

'69 Bee... 383 magnum.. 4 gear.. ramcharger fresh air induction hood... 4th gear swapped out for an "overdrive".. 2:73 to 1 rear end. Radar'd at 181 one evening on the highway from North Gower to SFalls at the end of a good 12 mile perfectly straight highway section... and on good ol' CTC tornado tires for god sakes ... but I digress.

I think it's a fox ! lol

Edited by irishfield