LiveTARGET Lures - What's your opinion?

rbaquial

I know i sold a ton of them to guys fishing the Grand for Walleye and they sure didn't come back and buy more if they didn't work.. Rapala are worth $10.99 to $14.99 Live Targets are $10.99 to 12.99 so there is not much of a difference in price

Rapalas at $10.99? In many stores they are $7.99 all day, everyday so, yes there is a difference in price.

But, right besides a Rapala are popular Lucky Crafts at $20 each!

Would I trade 100 crankbaits for 10 that I knew were THE crank bait for just about every condition? Yep. I don't know if they work, but, I am pretty sure Kopper will get a few of my dollars if they are flashed infront of my face :P

forrest

Glad to see this post.I planned on stocking these for spring.I have looked at but never fished them,as said there are 3 different finishes and they do have a natural look.Having said that these baits in most situations are a pure contact bait,not something that's sucess hinges on the visual read the fish gets,it's more about lateral line and a fishes overall perception of it's target.I believe assuming the bait sends out a favorable vibration it should catch it's share and maybe better than many in clear water fished with alot of pauses due to it's finish.I respect the opinions of those that were not impressed and guess time will tell as too the true value of these.

Thasts why they call it FISHING & Not CATCHING ...All lures catch fish if your present it right ...fish have to eat just beacause fish on one side of the lake are not hungry doesn't mean fish on the other side are not ...Storm , Rapala , Reef Runners , Yo Zirs , Salmos , all good baits ...not cheap why... cause they catch fish ...me i have them all and will run them on them at the right time and the right place ...i beat if you start a POLL on Grants lure you will see the diffrence ....

POLL ?

YES : WORKS WELL FOR ME

NO : NO FISH YET

there is tons of people that read this site daily that don't even wana type ... but a Poll Click YES or NO might help...

I like the way some of the folks here are coming out now and swearing by them, but during the softwater season you never heard a word about them... everything else but! <_<

I'm sure if these lures were as good as some claim they are, we'd have heard more about them in their reports this past spring, summer, and fall. :rolleyes:

Just an observation of mine.

Like most people that catch fish on any site SHUT UP on what lures are working for them usally there is no lure involed or were they were in there post ..thats all OK ...butt if you looked at Live Target and you have faith in what you run you will catch fish...Ok enough from me on this ...i Know they catch FISH ...

Naw never had any in the box Big Enough ...

Maybe Grant will bring out a Hot Upper Niagara River LIVE SUCKER bait ...

If ya know Grant's history he was a well known guide for Muskie on the Niagara! This man knows his fish!

Edited by Fishmaster

Like most people that catch fish on any site SHUT UP on what lures are working for them usally there is no lure involed or were they were in there post ..thats all OK ...butt if you looked at Live Target and you have faith in what you run you will catch fish...Ok enough from me on this ...i Know they catch FISH ...

Yeah right!

Not saying where is understandable and acceptable, not saying what is what an :asshat: does!

I notice you don't mind saying what... especially when it's minnows that you sell at your store.

From what I've read about the Koppers lures tells me:

Appealing to the eye (fishermans), high dollar, and having to tune out of the box says these lures were mainly designed to catch fishermen first and fish second!!!

... might as well buy a Reef Runner for a fraction of the cost!... now there's a proven fish catcher!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Oh my GCD, I have tried to stay out of this debate as I really don't know squat about this lure or that<> however in saying that I have spent many a day behind the counter of Fishmasters Tackle shop and I would love to comment on a few things!!!

1) Lures sell, it doesn't matter what they are if someone says they catch fish!

2) Lures sell if they are appealing to the eye

3) Lures sell because someone just doesn't have that one in their box yet

4) Lures sell because of every single one of us here who talk about them... How many more people today now will remember the name Koppers Lures??

What all of us as fisherman know is what we have learned... and I know I haven't learned enough, because I can sit beside someone all day NOT catching fish running the same Reef Runner they are...

We don't only sell MINNOWS ( that by the way Do catch fish ;:) We spend the time learning from each and every person that comes in as well as Sharing with them the knowledge we have.

Great thread everyone... it is always interesting to see all the different perspectives...

This is Brand New Product on the market and this site and all the people on it are the easiest way to test market and improve what is already becoming a popular bait.

cheers

Jen

This lure came out late last year. I started using them in November of 2007,By mistake I might add as well. I never bought them because they looked pretty. I bought them after a guy at Fishingworld pointed them out to me so I decided to give them a go. I only started using them one day while looking for a snap in one of my bags when I remember buying these and the rest is history. Caught a bunch of fish but there was not enough time to tell how well they worked for me so far late in the season. Then this year I gave them a very good run. Jeff W on the board has seen how they will work in shallow water Kawartha lakes when many others will not. 3 baits not running true out of the box are the first that I have ever heard so far doing so. Like the guy said they are tested often. Some will slip through the cracks. 3 out of millions is not a bad score. They give you that instructin in the box with it for a reason, I'm sure most guys throw it away and then call the lure crap when their knowall attitude fails. :lol:

I have been posting about them all season. I have posted here as well as many other boards to their success. I have been doing so as to promote a local product. I do agree to lures catching people. Christ I have a room full of them to attest to that. I have waited for $100 crankbaits from overseas. When they get here I give them a very good go with no success. Some of them have fallen apart before the end of the first day. , but I do research them before to do best that I can. I may be fishing them wrong :wallbash:

I have fished these in every which way this year while having many other cranks on my other rods side by side. These do work very well when fished right. Not just on the Kawarthas. I caught fish in Quinte, Kawarthas, Northern Ontario, Newfoundland, and Quebec on these so they will work. I never offer an oponion unless I know the bait in question :dunno: Like I said before I will be glad to take out anyone to prove what I'm saying come softwater season.

My 3 cents!!!!

They give you that instructin in the box with it for a reason, I'm sure most guys throw it away and then call the lure crap when their knowall attitude fails. :lol:

Well, I didn't call them crap and lord knows I don't know all: I just added my own first-hand experience. If they work for you, great. I still believe that level of realism - which is the only thing that sets these lures apart from other cranks on the market - is totally unnecessary. But, if they give you confidence, then that's all that counts.

As far as price goes I believe you get what you pay for most of the time in any type of fishing gear(rods, reels, line, hooks, lures). Yes you can catch fish on lures you get at the dollar store but after spending a lot of time on the water and dollars in the stores I've switched to more quality baits as they do catch more fish and tend to stand up longer to the abuse.

Steve, there is a 4 3/4 inch perch crank coming for the larger game fish.

For those interested here is a sneak peak at the additions for 2009. Smelt jerkbait and deepdiver(silver & gold), Crawfish rattle trap (i've never seen anything like this one on the market), smallmouth bass crank(detail is amazing) and a larger crawfish crank.

Singingdog, the life like fins and body details create additional flash points where as a lot of baits are smooth bodies with painted details which don't give off any additional flash.

Edited by BigSmallie

Another marketing lesson learned, I suppose. Seriously though, I'm not saying how good or not so good this bait is because I have no idea. I also don't know whether this thread was designed to sell baits. I DO know however that if someone wants to present a product, service or idea on this site, they really should talk to site admin first.

For the time being though, I think we should give this dude the benefit of the doubt. Either try the bait or don't talk about it.

I chatted with Grant at Koppers and he does not know who the original poster is(his pic and e-mail address are in his profile) so you should give the poster the benefit of the doubt. He's been signed up since June before making his first post and he is also contributing on other threads.

You guys are quick to judge.

I chatted with Grant at Koppers and he does not know who the original poster is(his pic and e-mail address are in his profile) so you should give the poster the benefit of the doubt. He's been signed up since June before making his first post and he is also contributing on other threads.

You guys are quick to judge.

I heard he's a WITCH!

Another marketing lesson learned, I suppose. Seriously though, I'm not saying how good or not so good this bait is because I have no idea. I also don't know whether this thread was designed to sell baits. I DO know however that if someone wants to present a product, service or idea on this site, they really should talk to site admin first.

For the time being though, I think we should give this dude the benefit of the doubt. Either try the bait or don't talk about it.

This was the question asked:

Have any of you used ANY of these lures by KOPPERS LIVETARGET LURES? And IF SO, What's your input on them?

I'm thinking on buying a few this season, Thought I'd get some input 1st.

You know as well as I do that when you ask for input it's not always going to be positive input, and that's not always a bad thing either.

The information in this thread could save someone from wasting money on a lure may never use because they were under the impression that it was a top quality lure that ran true out of the box and not one that that would have to "tune" with an instruction sheet. There are some people that don't want to waste time futzing around on the water tuning a bait that they paid a hefty price for, and there are others that couldn't tune one if they wanted to with or without an instruction sheet!!!

If this thread was started to sell these lures.. it may have done the Wile E. Coyote backfire instead!

Be careful what you ask for... you may get it!

btw.. does anyone know the country of origin for these lures?

Edited by GCD

My intent wasn't to promote the product, It was, as some of you had said - just to know what POSITIVE/NEGATIVE experience some anglers have had with this lure. I think despite what some few negatives I've heard about this lure, I'm still going to head out and pickup a few of my own.

I've always believed (when it came to fishing lures) that the angler him/herself must have faith in the lure.

Thanks for your input guys - I'm REALLY GLAD/HAPPY that I've decided to become more active on this site! :D Much Appreciated! :lol:

My intent wasn't to promote the product, It was, as some of you had said - just to know what POSITIVE/NEGATIVE experience some anglers have had with this lure. I think despite what some few negatives I've heard about this lure, I'm still going to head out and pickup a few of my own.

I've always believed (when it came to fishing lures) that the angler him/herself must have faith in the lure.

Thanks for your input guys - I'm REALLY GLAD/HAPPY that I've decided to become more active on this site! :D Much Appreciated! :lol:

Be sure to let us know how you like them (good or bad), and if they catch fish for you!