Upper G2G Report

Rizzo

First of all I want to say it was a pleasure to finally meet you Lew and all the other fellow brave souls who ventured out for the gathering.Here is a couple of pic's from the day.

First the launching of the biggest Lund on the planet.

IMG_0425_1.JPG

My brother from a differnt mother Peter.

IMG_0427_1.JPG

And another of Waynes HUGE Lund.

IMG_0436_1.JPG

=Dan=

That boat you have Irishfield is one Beauty of a Lund ...Maybe one day we will fish toghter and get to know each other a little better ...it was a great pleasue Lew and fello OFC'ers fishing with you on the 2008 GTG on the Niagara ...looking foward to Dec 2009 :Gonefishing:

Edited by Fishmaster

I had a great time Saturday as well, agreed the day went way too fast, too bad there wasn't more fish caught. However, we did get a 49 x 21 just before coming in so that was a nice way to end the year. Great to meet you guys and go for dinner afterwards, cheers to a good day. I will post the pic when I get it off the camera with adam's 49

Mark

gallery_3948_565_19256.jpg

Edited by dough_boy_99

doughboy, thanks for posting that brute. What a sweet fish. I'm trying to imagine how big that fish would look with a regular sized human holding it. Any update on how it was caught (trolling? depth?). One thing I forgot to mention is that ours was caught in around 23 feet of water

hey thanks for sharing that new pic...that's definately a nice fish there :clapping:

Walleyemen lost one at boatside just as everyone was coming in that rated right up there with the 2 big ones...our tactics now that season is closed :whistling:

We started off by trolling an area I know can be productive.....he had a decent little one about 10 lbs on trolling 20fow with a deep diving Salmo-whitefish in perch pattern.....we continued to troll the area as I was marking some big fish on the finder for a few passes. We changed up tactics for the afternoon,as I figure the fish where not too agressive in the cold and where not really into chasing down our baits. I talked to Walleyemen about sticking to the same general area and switching it up to slow things right down. He agreed with my choice on giving a small area a big workout, and I suggested that we switch it up to big soft plastics and give that a try. Weapon of choice was 10 inch FinS minnows....white/silver and a rainbow pattern....rigged up like a large scale version simular to drifting for trout. With the winds and current, I had to experiement a little with boat placement on how we where going to drift..it didn't take very long before Wayne had a fish in the boat for us after that. We where drifting a transition area where the bottom changed from a mud flat to small rocks going from 6-7 fow, drifting out of that area along a slope where there is a drop to 15 then another drop on the rocky edge to 21. The idea was just to have enough weight on the baits so that we could stay in contact with the bottom while the bait could swim freely with about a 3 foot lead. We hooked up on 3 fish this way in about 2 hours, and I still marked a couple in the area right up until it was time to come in for the afternoon. The key was hitting the area where it changed from mud to rocks,you could feel the bounce along the bottom to tell us we where in "the right spot". I have a feeling had I decided on switching things up a couple hours sooner we could have been into a few more fish for the day. hey, but that's musky fishing for you!!!

Thanks again guys for throwing this together, thanks again to Wayne for sticking it out with me and going on my better judgement for the day when it comes to the area we fished and the tactics we used, it's always a tough call when trying to be somewhat of the guide for the day, but I am glad I helped throw a pattern together and get one in the boat, although it is a bit frustrating when you hook into 4 and only one sees the net :w00t:

Congrats to the other 2 guys who caught some pretty respectable fish out there!!!, and thanks for sharing all the pics