They's gots the Eels, the Eels!!

Clampet

is this Mavis and Eglington

If so I might have to stop in on the way home.

Looking for something special to wrap up for a buddy of mine. We like to exchange weird gifts at Xmas. I'll bet a live eel will cause some excitement and then we'll get to eat it

is this Mavis and Eglington

If so I might have to stop in on the way home.

Looking for something special to wrap up for a buddy of mine. We like to exchange weird gifts at Xmas. I'll bet a live eel will cause some excitement and then we'll get to eat it

No.

Creditview and Britannia.

They have battered carp in the live tank??

I believe he meant battered as in "beaten up" and not covered with flour. Most fish tanks in grocery stores have too many chemicals in them to prevent slimy growth in the tank (also prevents slime from forming on the fish, thus the stress causes the fungus and other problems).

I try never to buy store fish, fresh caught is soooo much better!!

Stan

try never to buy store fish, fresh caught is soooo much better!!

Stan, you dont have the best catch and eat record going.LOL J/K Bud

Yes!

As soon as the batter begins to flake off, the attendant patiently re-applies it.

It makes fer quite a show watching her grab those large flopping carp and put them in these humongus plastic bags partially filled with "Fish Crisp" brand batter.

Im howling Clamp. Maybe it,s that BIG full moon. LM AO

Yes!

As soon as the batter begins to flake off, the attendant patiently re-applies it.

It makes fer quite a show watching her grab those large flopping carp and put them in these humongus plastic bags partially filled with "Fish Crisp" brand batter.

How about the tartar sauce then..... hope they come with tartar sauce!

Stan, you dont have the best catch and eat record going.LOL J/K Bud

Im howling Clamp. Maybe it,s that BIG full moon. LM AO

Brian, I guess it must be the bad karma I got for thinking the following statement is so true:

"Chinese people will eat anything with legs and moves, except maybe for table and chairs."

and this one:

Q: "How do you know Adam and Eve were not Chinese?"

A: "They would have eaten the snake before listening to it."

BTW I am Chinese-Canadian.

Brian, I guess it must be the bad karma I got for thinking the following statement is so true:

"Chinese people will eat anything with legs and moves, except maybe for table and chairs."

and this one:

Q: "How do you know Adam and Eve were not Chinese?"

A: "They would have eaten the snake before listening to it."

BTW I am Chinese-Canadian.

Hey Stan,my post was not meant to offend. Hope it didnt?

Just got back from Zhers. Smoked eel,1 small 6 inch piece,11 bucks. Hell did a union boat catch it? LOL

Edited by misfish

I was given some smoked eel last night and in the spirit of the recent talks I gave it another try (along with some smoked mackerel). Maybe the first batch I had was off or something, this stuff was alright. Like any other smoked fish I guess just a bit greasy. The mackerel was excellent.

Here's a favourite.

Freshly Set Jellied eels

jellied_eels.jpg

Aaaaaach! That looks just like what I ate in a sushi bar one night. I thought the round hollowed out thing was a piece of fruit or vegetable with the pit or core removed. It had an odd texture for something that grew on a plant though, so I asked what it was. I almost yakked on the table when the restaurant owner (a friend of mine) said it was eel. Good thing for him I'd already swallowed.

JF

Smoked eel is great! Always getting some from the sushi chefs in my work places.

Very healthy source of Omega 3's. Tried it for the first time at a Holiday Inn in Sault Ste. Marie

when i was 10 yrs. old.

Unfortunately there is a sense of closed mindedness to these 'no frill' threads. <_<

Hey Stan,my post was not meant to offend. Hope it didnt?

Just got back from Zhers. Smoked eel,1 small 6 inch piece,11 bucks. Hell did a union boat catch it? LOL

Never my friend. It's all good.

$11 huh, that's some pretty expensive smoke sauce.

Edited by HearingFish

My background is from "The Baltics" and smoked eel is a delicacy...costing around the $20.00 a lb range at my favourite deli......try it with a nice loaf of dark rye bread/sour cream and odd shot of chilled vodka....for breakfast or snack.

:thumbsup_anim: You're making me hungry and I just ate supper...rye bread or pumpernickle with the eel...MMmmmm ...maybe a couple of chunks of pickled heering.