Would love to do a weekend Ice fishing trip

Big Cliff

A few years ago I and a few friends spent a weekend Ice fishing on Nipissing. We had an 8 man hut but there were only 6 of us which worked out really well because we had room to move and 2 spare bunks to store our gear out of the way. ( I don't like being crowded) It was a trip to remember, the "hut" was wonderful, gas fireplace cook stove, TV/VCR BBQ (outside). I would love to do something like that again this winter but of the group I went with last time, 2 have moved away, one is very ill and probably will not be able to go again, and the other one is going to be down South for the winter and one just got laid off and needs to keep a tight reign on his finances.

Anyone got a trip planned and need someone to fill in? Only thing I ask is no smoking in the hut!

Big Cliff,

It's actually one of the things going through my head over the past week. I've never done an ice bungalow trip and would like to give it a try. I've even considered closing the clinic down for a few days and taking some staff out there as none of us have done it before. Sounds like a blast.

I'm trying to figure out when and where best to go. Any suggestions? You can PM me the details.

Stan

hey Cliff

winter weekend Nip Trips have allways been a favourite of mine

though i dont think you ever attended.. i remember a few yrs ago there used to be an annual OFC Nip trip every January... not sure what happened....

nonetheless I hope your able to a get a crew together

hey Cliff

winter weekend Nip Trips have allways been a favourite of mine

though i dont think you ever attended.. i remember a few yrs ago there used to be an annual OFC Nip trip every January... not sure what happened....

nonetheless I hope your able to a get a crew together

Too many things happened...those weekends were fun but WILD.

you shared a hut with me for an evening/night Dawg...you can imagine what it was like for three days. We certainly had a good time on those nip trips.

Cliff, I would be more then happy to hook up with you and a few members. You dont snore do ya? LOL

The icing on the cake, if ol beans could hook up too.I would of said Lew too,but he,s not an ice guy.LOL Nothing like a younger generation and an older generation talking about the way it was and the way it,s heading.

Edited by misfish

OK, who runs a good charter out of South Nipissing The one we went on was first class but I can't remember the name of the operator. I'm a little too old for the "wild" weekend thing LOL, don't mind an occasional drink or two but I can fall down without getting drunk LOL. Why not see if we can set something up. Lets start by finding an operator, setting a date, getting a crew together. If we can, I would prefer to have 6 people in an 8 person hut. (I'm not called "Big Cliff" for nothing) (Oh and I do snore but not very loud and would probably fish most of the night anyway LOL).

Operators please?

Edited by Big Cliff

Oh and I do snore but not very loud and would probably fish most of the night anyway LOL.

So I guess fish and eggs will be on you then? LOL

I,ll looking for an operator. Maybe our "Boss" can help us out ? TJ what ya say? Help out a generation gap group here?

Hey Pigeonfisher remember a certain member running around in the -45 weather....at night....with no shirt on.....then he stole my potato right off my plate :D TJ, you remember that at all? Those trips were a blast. If you want to try out a bungalow, I recommend South Shore Camping and Ice Bungalows.

Probably my best fishing trip was through Terrace Suites out of Callander. We went as four couples where the ladies stayed in a jaccuzzi suite and the boys stayed in the bungalow! First ever trip where all involved left totally relaxed, satisfied and happY and nobody fought once! Can't wait to do it again! Boys drinking beers, telling lies playing cards smoking cigars and catching fish for two days.....girls drinking wine, telling lies, getting massages and pedicures for two days. Perfect!

Hey Pigeonfisher remember a certain member running around in the -45 weather....at night....with no shirt on.....then he stole my potato right off my plate :D TJ, you remember that at all? Those trips were a blast. If you want to try out a bungalow, I recommend South Shore Camping and Ice Bungalows.

The funniest thing was the guy that wanted to fight TJ in my honour! Stop throwing the fish on the FF!!!!

hahahahaa

Where is Aaron (CoolB) these days?

OK, just got an email back from Rob. "I have space a 6 person bungalow available Jan 23rd and 30th weekend.My weekend rate is $170 per person plus tax".

Jan. 23 rd weekend would be my choice:

So, I need firm commitments and deposits but before you do:

NO smoking in the hut I don't care if it is -75 out side.

If you want to have a drink or two (or whatever) no problem, if you are going to get drunk and stupid and make a mess of things for everyone else, this probably isn't the place to do it. The whole purpose of this weekend is to fish, relax, enjoy, and have a good time.

So far the following have asked to join in. Please confirm: Misfish can't make it that weekend, looks like we have at least one spot open. I have asked Rob to hold that hut for me for a day or two, so if we are going to do this we will have to book soon!

CPH

John

Memart (Rob)

Hearingfish (not sure if he wants to do his own thing or not)

So, please confirm so I can get this booked.

Edited by Big Cliff

OK, just got an email back from Rob. "I have space a 6 person bungalow available Jan 23rd and 30th weekend.My weekend rate is $170 per person plus tax".

Jan. 23 rd weekend would be my choice:

So, I need firm commitments and deposits but before you do:

NO smoking in the hut I don't care if it is -75 out side.

If you want to have a drink or two (or whatever) no problem, if you are going to get drunk and stupid and make a mess of things for everyone else, this probably isn't the place to do it. The whole purpose of this weekend is to fish, relax, enjoy, and have a good time.

So far the following have asked to join in. I have asked Rob to hold that hut for me for a day or two, so if we are going to do this we will have to book soon!

CPH

John

Hearingfish (not sure if he wants to do his own thing or not)

So, please confirm so I can get this booked.

i fished out of Hayatts last year and had a blast. We are going back this year for first ice jan.1. we went jan 12 last year and the fishing was rather slow.4 guys 3 days 6 walleye 1 perch.First and last ice is when you want to go but im sure you guys will have a great time regardless of the fishing.

magic

Been out in Rob's bungalows for the last 5 years, and haven't been disappointed yet.

Always great service, warm bungalows, and the fish are there, you just have to work for them at some times of the year.

Last year I was out on the opener and closer, and we got lots each time. Good mix of keepers and slot fish, my biggest 'eye out of there is 6lbs.

2 years ago my buddy got a fat 38" pike as we were packing up to leave.

Really solid operation, you'll have a blast.

Darcy