My 2008

bigugli

As I sit here, stranded at home for the day, I have a lot of time to reflect on my fishing year. Finally made the effort to join OFC. A smart decision. You guys are a hoot. It's not the numbers of fish caught. Like Dan C., I can go and catch fish anytime. It's the quality of my outings and the time I share.

DSCN1765.jpg

DSCN1770.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN2032.jpg

DSCN2078.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2098-1.jpg

DSCN2243.jpg

I am only so glad to have had the opportunity to share my time, and my passion, with others. I get my biggest kick watching youngsters and newbies catching any fish. I am blessed with good friends and a loving family who make my days out a joy. Life is far too short to worry about how many or how big. The biggest catch are those in the net beside me.

The smiles in these pictures tell the whole story. Fishing, family, friends...doesn't get much better than that. Some of my most memorable outings didn't have big fish in them. Glad that you joined the board too...I've enjoyed reading your reports and look forward to many more!!

I am only so glad to have had the opportunity to share my time, and my passion, with others. I get my biggest kick watching youngsters and newbies catching any fish. I am blessed with good friends and a loving family who make my days out a joy. Life is far too short to worry about how many or how big. The biggest catch are those in the net beside me.

You sir are a Lucky man to have your daughter's fish with you...(I envy you)

Great report Bruce,you seem like the fella who truly deserves it :thumbsup_anim:

Streamerguy

:Gonefishing:

You sir are a Lucky man to have your daughter's fish with you...(I envy you)

Great report Bruce,you seem like the fella who truly deserves it :thumbsup_anim:

Streamerguy

:Gonefishing:

Only the pike queen is my daughter. The other girls are my son's girlfriends. I get them to come out and put them on bigger fish than the son is catching. He hates that :D But they get to enjoy something different and keep coming out for more.

Like I said, the real fun is in sharing my time with others.

I still like going out with my daughter for some "silly fishing" Like the person who caught the fewest rockies or gills, etc... buys . Of course Dad will try hard but we both 'know' who is going to be the 'loser'

Edited by bigugli

Hey I recognize a few ppl in the pics, in fact I know almost all of them. :D I haven't been reading the forums too much lately due to work but been getting some time now to do some catching up. I'll just add a few names to the pics of Bruce's fishin family (only 4 of them are actually related :rolleyes: ). :canadian:

As I sit here, stranded at home for the day, I have a lot of time to reflect on my fishing year. Finally made the effort to join OFC. A smart decision. You guys are a hoot. It's not the numbers of fish caught. Like Dan C., I can go and catch fish anytime. It's the quality of my outings and the time I share.

Smerchly they call him or he calls himself (Bill) with his gator.

DSCN1765.jpg

Me with an upper river Walter.

DSCN1770.jpg

Bruce's daughter Anna with a nice pike.

DSCN1813.jpg

His son Robert's GF #2

DSCN1817.jpg

Nittro with some onlookers at the fish stocking.

DSCN1825.jpg

Rob and Drew

DSCN1837.jpg

Rob and GF #1

DSCN2032.jpg

Bruce and Judy

DSCN2078.jpg

Jack (jwl)

DSCN2183.jpg

Bruce's spinnerbait Mum

DSCN2098-1.jpg

Anna, Bruce and Robert

DSCN2243.jpg

Bruce is a great guy to fish with and we had lots of fun times this year. Been out in his boat a few times and he's always generous in sharing his custom made ugliboy bucktail harnesses and whatever bait he has. Almost time to plan another ice fishing trip to Keswick. :santa:

thanks Dave, I been trying to figure out who all the people where since Ugli put that up :P

You are right..The Uglies are a great gang, lots of good family times amd values...and great friends to spend time on and around the water with, or have a great socail gathering, fishfry,whatever excuse to get together about, and a great help on the cheffing skills at my camp too :Gonefishing:

thanks Dave, I been trying to figure out who all the people where since Ugli put that up :P

You are right..The Uglies are a great gang, lots of good family times amd values...and great friends to spend time on and around the water with, or have a great socail gathering, fishfry,whatever excuse to get together about, and a great help on the cheffing skills at my camp too :Gonefishing:

Well we knew u know who everyone is cuz most of us have fished together and didn't think everyone else did. :canadian: Bruce really hasn't posted some of his best fish and it's almost time to get out his propane deep fryer again to cook us up some more tasty critters. :santa: Sorry Bruce putting u to work again but we'll supply the ketchup. :D