Out on Quinte today! We are hardcore

Badger Shark

We decided to head to Quinte one more time even though it was -11 when we launched and -19 wind chill! . Well we covered a tonne of water and came up empty everywhere and we were not alone, only one eye was seen caught and most of the other guys out there were not catching or even seeing much on their screens. Not sure where they were holding but it wasnt in the usual areas we have found them the past few years.

Oh well we had a good season and maybe with some luck there will be a couple more trips.

here are a couple of shots of the ice buildup on my windshield.

quinteNov22COLD006.jpg

quinteNov22COLD005.jpg

Can be done with the right gear.

Well hey don thats too bad the walleyes didnt want to come out & play !!! :dunno::glare: man that was sure cold out there this morning,i checked the weather network for kingston this morning and said DAM !!!! -20 with the windchill..Brrrrrr. :blink: ..well hey at least you tried bud,hopefully with the warmer temps comming in a few days they might turn on !!! ill talk to you in a few days ....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

WOAH Don -19 with the wind shield.... hardcore for sure :canadian:

That wind was wicked this morning and did not even try to venture out on the Ottawa..... May be tomorrow will give ski a try but it has to be a little more warm for that :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the report Don :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques

Badger you are diehard for sure thanks for your many successfull reports this year in Quinte.

That is why my tiller boat is away I can't imagine all that ice on my face it could snap my neck.

So is it over ?Could we see a new PB on the Horizon.

You are one tough :canadian:

Hopefully not over yet, if we get a bit of a warm spell we will keep going. Possibility of an outing this week.

gotta love winter, had a day like that myself on the Niagara Friday..windchill I don't know but everyhting that got splashed when running around in the boat was instantly flash frozen...only difference the little "windshield" on my console is just for looks other than function. unless the "function" is actually supposed to be directing the wind and snow right in your face :lol:

thanks for the pic, gotta love the rigors that some fellow hardcores go through when cold water fishin :Gonefishing: