Armstrong Fly In Pic's

solopaddler

My buddies and I did a week long fly in trip out of Armstrong last summer. I had forgotten about these pic's as they were saved, not in my computer, but in my hotmail account. Just stumbled across them yesterday, so in keeping with some of my recent posts, here's some more pic's from the archives!

Flying in

flyintrip120.jpg

Our accomodations for the week

flyintrip109.jpg

Sunset

flyintrip099.jpg

Johnny with an average sized pike and walleye. No trophies were caught on this trip, but the numbers of walleye were astonishing...

flyintrip083.jpg

flyintrip081.jpg

We were actually able to wade the beach in front of our cabin and catch fish! Here's Dave getting a little ambitious! :D

flyintrip069.jpg

Me landing a walleye...

flyintrip064.jpg

Enroute to our shorelunch site on the adjacent portage lake...

flyintrip032.jpg

flyintrip056.jpg

flyintrip060.jpg

Wading for walleye

flyintrip026.jpg

Johnny at the helm in the portage lake

flyintrip047.jpg

One to many wobbly pops :D

flyintrip041.jpg

The obligatory stringer shot (these were some of our take home fish)

flyintrip096.jpg

It was a perfect trip: great weather, tons of fish, and a lot of laughs :lol:

Trophy Fish Outposts, Kenozha Lake. The reason we chose this particular outfitter was that unlike most of the outpost camps in the north these ones are relatively new. The land is leased from the natives up there. Most camps are on crown land use permits and the government isn't issueing any new ones. When I was soloing up there I did a side trip into Keezik Lake (another one of their outpost lakes) close to Kenozha. The fishing was incredible so I filed away the info...

That is one of the things on my "TO DO" list. I've done the one-day fly-ins before, but really would like to try something like this. You have some fabulous pics here and glad you found them and shared them. Simply Beautiful.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Thanks guys.....Gerritt, Armstrong is about an 18 hour drive from where I live in S. Ontario. It's a whistle stop on the CNR tracks about 2 hours n/e of Thunder Bay, long haul for sure, but worth it. I've paddled most of the lakes and rivers north of Armstrong, and they're pretty much all teeming with fish.