So my car got broken into

Mattones

About 30 minutes ago the girlfriend and I were getting our shoes on as I was about to drive her home. And whe i came outside i noticed my door was open. I tend to lock my door everytime but today I think it was because i rushed home after finding out at the bank that my debit card was locked. I was in a rush to call them to find out why (My debit card was copied somewhere so i have to get a new one Monday)

Anyway I was kinda sketchy about having a look into but the girlfriend thought i was lying and got into the car only to see my glove box open all the stuff in there all over the passenger side seat. and the centre storage box open which only has CD's My 407 transponder on the dash where i never keep it. When I turned my light on I saw my Deer tag laying on floor. I told the girlfriend luckly he didnt take this otherwise i would be screwed for this weekend. And looked into the back seat and both my rods where still there semi covered up. I opened my trunk and made sure my $250 hammer for work was still there. :thumbsup_anim:

I believe when i turned the house lights on the theif was in my car and booked it to the back of the house. After about 2 minutes of checking if everything was there i did go around back didnt see anything So i got my brother to take my car and drive around the block as i stayed at home to see if the guy would show up and run away. Well i decided to run into the backyard to see if he was there and what do you know I heard something crashing into a pile of leaves behind the fence. I dunno why i didnt climb the fence to see what was there I figured it could have been a raccoon that tens to hang around here. But to be honest I'm actually i'm pretty ticked with myself on why i didnt have jump the fence to have a look as no one lives currently right behind me. GAH I'm so sour right now

Tomorrow I'm going to make a report in the morning with the police.

Edited by Mattones

Go ahead, call the police.

They won't do a dang thing about it. mad.gif

Yes sadly that is mostly true.

However, my mother's next door neighbour was broken into on a Sunday afternoon about 2 weeks ago. They went through her basement window and stole some jewelry. Two neighbours described the 2 that did the deed and they were caught. Four houses in the neighbourhood were broken into that Sunday afternoon. They apparently went door to door to the houses without a car in the driveway, if someone answered the door they just asked if so and so (name) was home and then would walk away after being told you have the wrong house.

Finger prints and witnesses must have helped to apprehend them. Unfortunately since they were 13 and 15 years old they will probably just get a slap on the hand and treat the whole incident as a joke.

BTW Mattones, this was in Burlington. Sorry to hear about your car, hopefully your report will assist the police

Oh yeah, the neighbour luckily got her jewelry returned :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by pikehunter

Had the car broken into and stolen a few years back. Took the police on a hair raising chase for nearly an hour.

The idiot had just drawn probation 2 weeks earlier for another car theft, and had just been thrown out of a bar. He smashed open the car window, jimmied the ignition, and proceeded to stalk the bouncer at bar closing. The cops saw him slowly cruising the block with lights off and gave chase. By the time they caught him there was $5000 in damage to the car.

The worst part. He was back on the street in 48 hours despite the parole violations and repeat offense. The guys family had the nerve to come to my house asking if they could search the car for a ring he had lost! I got a warning from the police for losing my temper with these people.

Yup, our criminal justice system works real good.

I hate to dwell on the negative, but it is only likely to get worse as the country’s economic future takes shape. I don’t mean the stock-market either; I mean the lack of manufacturing jobs and the spin-off they create.

When a kid can’t even look forward to a chance at a decent job (decent by anyone over forty’s point of view) and the life that it brings, it will be tough to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Happy Sunday morning everyone! :wallbash:

I've had my car broken into many times in the past. I'd still report it...you just never know! One time my car was broken into while I was at work. Reported and within 24 hours I had a call from the police saying they had all my stuff. Couldn't believe it!

that sucks man, happens to a few people this time of year in my area too at a couple spots people park and have to go like 20-30 minutes from thier vehicle to fish...best bet is practically just leave nothing in sight in your vehicle...locking it ain't much of a factor either, if someone knows how to do it, they are going to get in your car no matter what if they want to bad enough.

one time my Aunt had her car stolen, while she was waiting to find out if it had been recovered she had a rental car covered from insurance, while she had the rental someone broke into that and stole the stereo out of it :huh:

Sucks about your car. It's disturbing how little time it takes for something to be unattended and someone else to come along and take advantage of the situation. At least you still have the car.

I've always figured a standard transmission is a fairly good theft protection device since a good 80%+ of the population can't get them rolling. I always just figure that if my car is beside 2 others that are automatic there is a good chance they would take one of the others. As far as looting cars, there;s not much you can do.. especially if your doors aren't locked.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.....THANK GOD, I have two large dogs that seem to hear a pin drop outside even when they're inside with the windows closed :thumbsup_anim: ....they drive the wife and I crazy at times, but we sleep with peace at night knowing we have our two protective boys on gaurd :clapping:

A dog or 3 is the best burgular alarm there is, most theives won't even go near a place that has a loud dog.

danbo Posted Today, 12:07 PM

Dogs won't say much with a mouthful of Milkbones..

Try getting close enough to mine to even throw her a milk bone, let alone trying to get her to eat it.

Edited by GCD

Until the absolutely useless politicians in this country decide to actually do something to punish the thieving punks we have to deal with, they'll just go on ripping off the honest folks and laughing all the way to the next crime.

Doesn't matter how hard the coppers work to find and arrest them, the lawyers and courts either plea bargain it away or give such a minor punishment that it makes most of us scratch our heads and wonder what the heck just happened :wallbash:

These thieves have absolutely nothing to worry about when they get caught and they know it, so they may as well just go on robbing us.

Seems everybody hates thieves........except politicians, lawyers and judges.

Until the absolutely useless politicians in this country decide to actually do something to punish the thieving punks we have to deal with, they'll just go on ripping off the honest folks and laughing all the way to the next crime.

Doesn't matter how hard the coppers work to find and arrest them, the lawyers and courts either plea bargain it away or give such a minor punishment that it makes most of us scratch our heads and wonder what the heck just happened :wallbash:

These thieves have absolutely nothing to worry about when they get caught and they know it, so they may as well just go on robbing us.

Seems everybody hates thieves........except politicians, lawyers and judges.

Lew you hit the nail on the head. I went for a job interview one time to be cook in a county jail. The guards called repeat offenders JOB SECURITY and thought it was funny. The judges and lawyers make a lot more money off the "system" than the guards so imagine how much they rejoice that some people just keep doing the crime without really doing the time. The reason for that is a a lack of space in the jails the reason for this is no politican wants to tell that in order to make us safe from this type of crimminal they will have increase taxes to build more hotels for the criminals.

I say how about just doing this. If you get caught doing a simple property crime then you get a high tech type tatoo on the side of your face naming you what you did.... When a certain number of years have passed if you have been a good person you get the "tatoo" to disappear. That would let everyone know what kind of person you are and would cost a lot less than putting them up in "hotel" for their sentence.

Of course a ton of kids would want to have a similar tatoo just for kicks so it would have to something unique.

Edited by Canuck2fan