Couple of days deer hunting

misfish

Myself and bro(memart)headed to the camp of luxury. Got to love the home feeling.LOL

Ma and pop allways like to have thier boys up. Warm bed and home cook,n and cold ones. :clapping:

Sunday was the normal where ,how and what. Well the what was pretty simple ,as all three of us had buck tags only. Our best bet was to hit 47 and give it a go. After sitting and sipping,I noticed pops knife on the bench. I never really looked at it much as it was in a pouch. I decided to take it out and it was an Oldtimer. I felt the sharpnes of the blades and man,it was sharp. I had asked pop later that night where he got it. He explained he had bought it when I was around 5 or so from the Outdoors store for my grandfather(his father) but never used it and gave it back to him. Wow,nice knife and some new great memorys to have and keep.

(pay no mind to the beer cans,they were from last year) :whistling:

hunt08deer001.jpg

Monday was the first day of the hunt for the season and couldnt wait to get going. Look outside at 4 AM, there a bit of a drizzel and the temps are not cold at all. Yes it was 4 AM am as the pic tells.LOL

Terry when you going to come up.HAHAHAHA

hunt08deer007.jpg

As a motivation,I looked at the trophys on the wall,well 2 were, and the one was a ty for showing up.LOL

hunt08deer006.jpg

hunt08deer004.jpg

hunt08deer005.jpg

Head over to our area and get there just in time for a refreshing relief :rolleyes: and get dressed and off we head. Bro and I head for our fav spot,pop heads to a clearing just up the path.

Once we get set up,it,s all quiet and the confidence is somewhat there,but with the drizzel and warm temps,it,s kinda hard. I even left an offering to the critters,but it was still there come the next day. That to me tells me the forest is not normal.

hunt08deer011.jpg

A few pics from our spots.

My stand area

hunt08deer008.jpg

hunt08deer009.jpg

There was some good sign,but the rut is no where on yet.

hunt08deer016.jpg

A pic of Bro and his area.

hunt08deer010.jpg

hunt08deer009.jpg

A quick AM vid.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/misfish/hunt08deer022.flv">

Unfortanutly we had no meat for our efforts,but still time together. :clapping:

Later that day I thought I would take you all for a trip through pops land. We would of hunted it if we had doe tags as the buck population seems to be there after the season. :wallbash::wallbash:

Like I said,AM video.LOL

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/misfish/hunt08deer023.flv">

And heres the reason for the home feeling.

A nice wild turkey (I took this past spring) breats with all the fix,ns.

hunt08deer015.jpg

Next morning it,s the same plan. Head to 47 and give it one last shot as bro had to work the next day,and we felt our best shot at even a spike ,was good there..

Of we head again,same routine as the first :canadian: .

The weather temps SUCK. Way to warm.For those that dont know,COLD, makes the deer move. We dont dog so we need the deer to walk in on us.(I,ll have a comment about the doggers there later)

Sitting there waiting to see if anything would walk in,I was thinking how we had not yet seen a moose. STOP,No sooner think that Rob gives a whisthle and says something is coming. It turned out to be a great bull. Sorry that the vid dose not show it the way we seen it,but it was a mazive bull.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v731/misfish/hunt08deer024.flv">

Come 11 am it was way to quiet. No shooting going on anywhere. We decided to call it.

Heres a few shots of the area coming in. Dont let the pics fool ya. Even the 4 wheel drive bottom on some of them rocks. :wallbash:

That ol 93 ford has been through hell and back. Pop could make a ford commercial with that truck. You talk about built tough. :clapping::canadian:

hunt08deer017.jpg

hunt08deer018.jpg

hunt08deer019.jpg

First I will tell you my feelings on the local doggers before I share my fav pic.

I have expressed my feeling on dogging before,but what was happening on the opening day is crap and unsafe,as far as I am concerned. Using thier rifes to scare the deer. I dont care if they are shotting at the ground. This is unresponsible.

Now for may fav pic.

My pop with a big snile on his face out hunting and enjoying his time with his boys.

hunt08deer021.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy and safe hunting all.

Thanks for the vid tips too guys.

Wife just tells me, shes off friday,so pop dont clean that gun just yet,I,ll be up so we can take one last crack at them.

Cheers all.

Great stuff Brian!!

Had a real nice doe run across in front of my airplane while taking off this morning! Almost had her drawn and quartered for you.... lol

Didn't realized you were the camera man for the blair witch project !!! LMAO

Edited by irishfield

Brian, a deer is just a bonus!! Time in the woods with the old boy and your bro is what its all about!!!! This is the first hunting season of my life I don't have the old boy here to hunt with. He is missed bigtime!! Don't take it for granted!!!! It's priceless!!

Good luck over the weekend!!

Sinker

Brian, a deer is just a bonus!! Time in the woods with the old boy and your bro is what its all about!!!!

EXACTLY

This is the first hunting season of my life I don't have the old boy here to hunt with

Sorry to hear that Bud. I remember when I got my first buck,pop wasnt there to enjoy it with me. They get missed easy eh.

Brian said: "First I will tell you my feelings on the local doggers before I share my fav pic.

I have expressed my feeling on dogging before,but what was happening on the opening day is crap and unsafe,as far as I am concerned. Using thier rifes to scare the deer. I dont care if they are shotting at the ground. This is unresponsible" "Unresponsible", that's the understatement of the hour. No wonder hunters get a bad rap when that kind of stuff goes on.

Oh ya, the rest was a real nice photo report.

Edited by Fisherman

That's super Brian. Family is so important. Keep those times together going as long as you can.

Great report even tho no bucks were found. You'll get em this weekend :thumbsup_anim: Save me a tail or two will ya and I'll make you a few bass spinner baits okay :clapping:

Joey

Edited by Joey

Hey bro it's always a good time watching those videos is like watching

an old movie the lips move then 5 minutes later you here the sound LOL

i think you need terry's help

Ok BASHFUL OR IS THAT SLEEPY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH WAIT,THATS POP. :lol::lol:

EXACTLY

Sorry to hear that Bud. I remember when I got my first buck,pop wasnt there to enjoy it with me. They get missed easy eh.

Well, he's down home now. They have already hung 2 bulls, and been out hunting turrs all this week. He's got it made down there......I gotta get my a$$ out there soon!!! Hopefully an eider duck hunt later this winter! If not, I"m gonna go down for the seal hunt :thumbsup_anim:

Sinker

great report Brian

I hunted with my dad for better part of 20 years at our camp ( those bush shots look just like our area) .

Those are memories that can't be beat .

Heading on this coming weekend to meet up with the boys for a couple of days. Looking forward to it is an understatement

TB

QUOTE(FISH @ Nov 4 2008, 10:43 PM)

Great job on the story and pics/vid. Best of luck on Friday.

Freek

One question for Sinker....?If not, I"m gonna go down for the seal hunt ...

Do you eat the seal meat?

Yup, sure do.

UUUUMMMMM FLIPPERS