An epic day on the river...

kemper

Friday morning I snuck out of school early and headed back towards my usual haunts. Thought I might get some steelheading in but boy was I in for a surprise!

Was greeted with just a little too clear water, but got the confidence up as I had the first steelie hooked within 4 drifts. I fought it until it was close enough to take and then it popped the hook. Close enough, id say it counts.

That would be one of only two steelhead I would tangle with on Friday, but it was the browns that made my day. I broke my PB brown....TWICE!

First fish was a big fat female, full of eggs (that I let her keep) and came on a worm drifted in the still water. I knew there were browns swimming around because I could see them, it was tempting the hit that was the trouble!

The fish took a worm...and boy was she beautiful! My PB brown trout...

med_gallery_256_231_108443.jpg

After that I hooked into another, somewhat smaller but it was foul hooked (unintentionally) so no picture for you guys.

In the same hole I was half asleep when my float SHOT under and downstream, and I set the hook into a massive male steelhead that was on a tear downstream. Only fought it for 10-15 seconds before it was gone forever but it was definatly one of the biggest steelies that I have ever tangled with, and it was very angry.

This spooked my pool, and I knew I had to try something different. I started to turn rocks over until I came across this small, greasy looking character of a bug. I figured that it was matching the hatch at its finest and sure enough it payed off with a new PB brown...AGAIN!

This fish was just mammoth, there is no other way to describe it. BURSTING with eggs (tight, and again I let her keep them) and full of spunk. A long battle ensued but my trusty stick chrome thunder would emerge the victor.

Pictures do not do justice, but for reference look at how small my front hand looks against its belly.

Ill let the pictures do the talking.

med_gallery_256_231_13751.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_57994.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_88281.jpg

until we meet again...

To add to a magical day, I hit the beach for some surf fishin that same night and went for a rediculous number something like 15/22 on trout. Nothing big, mostly shaker size but a BLAST none the less. Double headers were abound and it was a good time. I have some pics from then too, just have to give me a break I have been taking the bus back to school and I need to sleep.

Just thought I would share my day, it isnt often we get a shot at two PBs in one day.

I also have an angle that shows the size of the brown better but I have to kill the background first before I post it.

Awesome pics man .... that's my favorite bridge of the east, LOL !!!

Clearly your giving Mike a run for his money with this one !!...Colors and the reflection of the sun are stunning

med_gallery_256_231_57994.jpg

Bet you wish the Speed had some fun like that swimming in it :rolleyes: ....Keep it up, dude :clapping:

I wish the speed had ANYTHING swimming in it at this point.

skunkaroo last three times out.

And as for that bridge, yep its great...although its alow more shallow this year which sucks. How about runnin a float right down the edge of that big cement block when the water is up....BAM.

Fish on

every time.