Bay of Quinte G2G November

Mike the Pike

Hi folks just a little update for the Quinte G2G in November.

I have been speaking with Joann Robins at Perfect Vue things to take note of there is no Barbeques at the resort so your own portables are the only way you can BBQ your meat.Bring your own Linen sleeping bags,towels,dish clothes and towels dishsoap etc.....

As for the launch she says the water levels have dropped a substantial amount and would recommend the launch down the street.

For those of you with a 4 X 4 you can attempt to launch but the water is shallow there is no sudden drop off at the ramp.

Joann does recommend bringing waiders or rubber boots for launching.

Well thats all I can think of for now 3 more weeks to go and its going to be cold on the BOQ :canadian:

MTP

Mike how many vacancy's are still left just in case some more guys want to book there.The more the merrier.I am going to launch at the ferry every day .It gives you more fishing time and if it starts to get to rough you dont have far to go to reach saftey.

Dan

Edited by Percher

I've been busy with work & outta the loop.

When is/are the dates in Nov. for this G2G ???

Any place to stay that's closer to the ferry.

I found one just east of the ferry, but I think they're closed for the season.

Waiting for a response to my e-mail.

cheers

Mike! No bed linens, no towels, no BBQs and you can't launch your boat. Are you sure they're open?

Last I heard, Merland still had all of those things!

I was just thinking the same thing.......what exactly are you paying for????????? and how is it better then before?

I would agree with Dan, launching at the ferry would save time and aggravation, should the winds pick up, however, depending on wind direction, that launch can be dicey as well.

Having not ever stayed at Perfect Vue, I can't really answer specifically "What we are paying for"?. However, I can be pretty sure that we will not be paying for a dangerous launch, ice covered docks, arguments over who's in who's dock space, a complete disregard for your guests attitude, coming from ownership, mouse crap in the cutlery drawer, a cottage resembling swiss cheese... shall I go on?!

Myself, the object of this mission is to fish! The cottage only needs to be warm and clean. I don't expect to be spending much time in it and I believe that most who are disgruntled with Merlands are not necessarily disappointed in the accommodations, just the lack of interest the ownership seems to have towards their guests.

We will find out shortly, if Perfect view can rise above the low bar Merlands have established.

HH

Guys...there's a chance that I may be able to join you if there's enough room...I've got all the gear (cranks, in-line planer boards, etc...) and can bring my 14' deep hull Smokercraft with a 15HP or if someone has room on a larger boat I'll split the cost of gas for the duration of being there...

From what I've read you guys are headin down there on Nov13th and leaving on the 15th??

Steve

I was just thinking the same thing.......what exactly are you paying for????????? and how is it better then before?

its better because they are still welcome, seems OFNer's have a way of taking advantage of a place then insulting them after they abuse it, rob hyatts ice huts and merland park come to mind, is perfect view next???????????? only time will tell.

carpstarter2

nice of you to join to complain about OFC

feel free to leave any time

but first tell us who and how we took advantage of merland.....probably because people had the nerve to complain about every crappy conditions..but I can wait to hear your "truth"

I would agree with Dan, launching at the ferry would save time and aggravation, should the winds pick up, however, depending on wind direction, that launch can be dicey as well.

Having not ever stayed at Perfect Vue, I can't really answer specifically "What we are paying for"?. However, I can be pretty sure that we will not be paying for a dangerous launch, ice covered docks, arguments over who's in who's dock space, a complete disregard for your guests attitude, coming from ownership, mouse crap in the cutlery drawer, a cottage resembling swiss cheese... shall I go on?!

Myself, the object of this mission is to fish! The cottage only needs to be warm and clean. I don't expect to be spending much time in it and I believe that most who are disgruntled with Merlands are not necessarily disappointed in the accommodations, just the lack of interest the ownership seems to have towards their guests.

We will find out shortly, if Perfect view can rise above the low bar Merlands have established.

HH

Well said Joe sure Merlands has a few percs more but I think you covered everything I would just like to add remember how Joey and Gerritt had there reservations screwed up.I never complained about the price of Merlands just the lack of service.If one pays for a boat slip it should be available when one comes back.I heard Lakair has a great system for boat slips too bad Merlands can't come up with one.Oh by the way Carpstarter2 I have never heard any dissapointment about lakair G2G .It seems the place is well maintained and the owners go out of their way to please.

I don't expect Perfectvue to be 4 star I knew that up front Joann the owner told me about all this when I booked the place so I know what to expect.Not fancy c'est la vie.

Like Joe says we are there to fish so what if we have to launch elsewhere.NOW SHUT UP AND LETS GO FISH. :Gonefishing::canadian:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Guys...there's a chance that I may be able to join you if there's enough room...I've got all the gear (cranks, in-line planer boards, etc...) and can bring my 14' deep hull Smokercraft with a 15HP or if someone has room on a larger boat I'll split the cost of gas for the duration of being there...

From what I've read you guys are headin down there on Nov13th and leaving on the 15th??

Steve

This is a BUMP for a post I put up earlier before newbie "carpstarter2" added his .000000000000000002 cents worth to this post :angry:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

This is a BUMP for a post I put up earlier before newbie "carpstarter2" added his .000000000000000002 cents worth to this post :angry:

OK guys who has extra room in the cottage for TMH we have room for one for if my crew says its ok so far we are 7 in a cottage for 8.

If anyone has more room please let us know .Does someone have room for TMH on a boat?This is not a good thing he is on GCD's team and they don't need one of those long walleye to add to there allready too many inches :whistling:

Either way we will find room for you.Just looking for a cottage with more room if no one steps up looks like we will squeeze you in.

Mike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Here's to wishing all of you lucky enough to attend the GTG a fun, successful and SAFE trip! I've been talking to a couple of you about going and I really really wish I could but instead I get to attend my wife's cousin's wedding coincidentally being held at a lodge on my fave laker lake which happens to be closed!!!! Lucky me! The beer better be cold! Cheers to all of you fortunate enough to attend such a trip. Again, good luck and I'll pray to the walleye weather gods for you. I look forward to the reports.

Well said headhunter !!!!,mike ,dan & myself as well as others will never spend another dime at merlands,and oh ya carpstater2 im tired of people like you,who just open your big-mouth about things that dont concern you,and is quite frankly none of your dang buisness !!!! so dont start your crap here !!! this post like terry said is for us fishermen who know what we are talking about !!!! back to you dan & mike,by the way terry are you comming down this fall????

.Does someone have room for TMH on a boat?This is not a good thing he is on GCD's team and they don't need one of those long walleye to add to there allready too many inches :whistling:

Mike

Guys, I guess I left this too late....no worries, I'll try and make the next G2G in June next year up at Lakair :thumbsup_anim:

Mike, as far as the tourny entries go....I have 3 Quinte day trips planned so far and I'm hoping that one of those outings will result in some additional inches for SABIKI SLAMMERS :whistling::clapping:

Good luck Guys!!

Steve

as for tracker and myself we are staying at picton harbor inn.

its a little cheaper and the docks are still in.

and no we are not taking trackers islander this year.

we decided that we were going to ruff it this year and leave the central heated,

warm and toasty cruise ship at home.

we are bringing my 14.5' mirrorcraft with a 20 merc on it.

no toasty cabin, but we will have our timmies with us--lol.

hope to see you guys out there.