New to the board

Streamerguy

Hello All,

New to the boards and wanted to say hello to all of you fine anglers out there.

I have been lurking this site for sometime now and have really enjoyed all the report's, pics

conversations and overall attitude of the members here,I am impressed with the wealth of

knowledge and information,always willing to share,excellent job and site.

My first experience with fishing was when i was 11 yrs old and went on vacation with

my family back home to paspebiac,Quebec (i was born in bonaventure,Quebec but lived here

in niagara falls ,Ontario since i was 2 months old) Mom had me when she was on vacation,

Well my grandpops would take me out every morning by 7am and leave me on the pier and by

noon he would bring me something to eat and then pick me up around dinner time,this was

the best fishing ive ever had to date 24 flounder in 1 day.(still havent seen numbers

like that)

After that i more or less stopped fishing when i hit my teens to chase girls,hang

with friends,play sports(mostly hockey).

Back in march /06 i fractured my tibia plateau and had knee surgery to repair it

(5 screws,steel plate and a 3inch donor bone to do the trick),the doc told me

"no weight bearing for 3 months" after the 3 months my left leg lost alot of muscle and

mass,my sport playing days are over...so i needed something to do,get out of the house,

something that i could do standing for a few hours a day to work the muscles in my leg,

well that's when i decided to start fishing again.But wait i have no fishing gear at all,

(except for the old tackle box i had when i was a kid)so off to the tackle shop and

buy a rod and reel combo,line,hooks,sinkers etc...oh and most importanly SENKO'S

Within a year and half,I now own 5 rods and have more tackle than i can use

(fishing is very addicting,lol)...I also had more luck in the fish species and PB

this year IN /08,so i would like to show you all a few pics

first up stipped bass / SM Bass

01090002.jpg

01090012.jpg

01090008.jpg

01090020.jpg

next a couple pike

01200020.jpg

01090019.jpg

a few Muskie

cwm6Dtmp.jpg

01200013-1.jpg

01200011-1.jpg

01200017.jpg

01200014.jpg

SDC10025.jpg

my 2 eyes

01090015.jpg

01200010-1.jpg

1 and only brown

2brown.jpg

lakers and bows

9-1.jpg

queenstonbow2-1.jpg

whirlpool-1.jpg

01090022-1.jpg

queenstonbow1-1.jpg

01090006-1.jpg

sheephead (freshwater drum)

01200026.jpg

and last but not least i caught my 1st on friday night

first pic he did this

1stpic.jpg

1ststurgeon.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics as i did catching these guys,all pics are from april /08 to present day and ALL from shore..thats what i call a great 6 months for me :thumbsup_anim:

cheers

Streamerguy

Edited by Streamerguy

WOW....I really don't know what to really say here guys...... but What a Welcome TY :thumbsup_anim:

This OFC Community is awesome guys, i really appreaciate you taking the time to say Hello!!

Just gonna see if i can answer some question's here ...

HearingFish ... or Woman :thumbsup_anim: anytime you hit the falls (hopefully on a weekend) nadda prob,be my pleasure

Johnny Bass..Ha,ha like the name kinda sounds like a country singer we all know :thumbsup_anim: lol .......Streamers bud,period!!

so far this year ive managed 15 species/10 species on streamers and some would surprise you and me ..

like this guy

sucker.jpg

and this Stripped or Silver Bass as some people mentioned,don't really know but they are a beautiful chrome looking fish and fight great

01410025.jpg

And to good old Cliff...You know where i'll be, hanging with pops(romeo) listening to all his stories lol

Once again Thank you everyone for taking the time and posting,i hope i can keep up BUT i can't keep up with the muskie and pike you guys are getting here(lew and roy) :whistling: Those fish are just Amazing,i would love to land something like that but till then ill just have to enjoy your reports <_< lol

Cheers all

Streamerguy

edit: Mr Eh..you are absollutly correct about handling these guys, most of the times i get out fishing are alone, and i do try my best to C.P.R as quick as possible

cheers

Edited by Streamerguy

That's a white bass. Unless you are fishing fairly close to salt water, I wouldn't think you would be seeing many striped bass.

Thank-you for the correction, :wallbash: white bass is it then........like i said before they have a beautiful chrome to them and are alot of fun to catch,caught 4 of them and all were chrome & very clean fish and all released.

cheers

Streamerguy